Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

New member (sort of)

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/15, 02:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
New member (sort of)

Hi all. I have a little bit of an interesting story to tell. I joined the forum because I just bought a Mustang. But there is a story behind that. First of all according to the forum data, I was a member back a few years and my last visit was in 2010. I'm getting old and I didn't remember that. So I'm back. Back then I had a 2005 Mustang GT that I bought new in 05. I kept it five years and then sadly sold it to a friend and had to see it in his garage. Well that friend hardly drove it and I was looking at buying another Mustang recently. It turns out that I bought my old Mustang back from him. It is a Redfire GT Premium with Dark Charcoal interior. Since he rarely drove it, it still looks like new and only has 18,000 miles on it. I was giving it a wash/wax this weekend and the paint feels like glass. Basically it is a like new 05. So I'm happy to have it back and look forward to enjoying the forum again and learning about my car and Mustangs in general. This time my Mustang will not be leaving!
Attached Thumbnails New member (sort of)-201f.jpg   New member (sort of)-169f.jpg  

Last edited by Scarpi; 3/1/15 at 02:54 PM.
Old 3/1/15, 10:57 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Welcome back. Sounds like you are like a lot of us on here. Had one, gave it up. But, you were lucky enough to get it back in perfect shape. My old one was totaled in less than a year after I sold it. Yours is a very nice looking car. Enjoy.
Old 3/2/15, 06:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Yeah shaneyusa, I was very lucky. My friend who I had sold it to, kept it as immaculate as I did. When I got it back I couldn't believe what good shape it was in. You actually could stick it in a showroom. He said it stayed in the garage in any bad weather. It was not his daily driver. There are no scratches, swirl marks, dings, or chips that I can see in the paint. I truly am a lucky guy. So I call it my "new" 05. I told my wife that it will not be leaving and is a "keeper". I have emotional ties to my car because I ordered it from Ford and it took four months to get it back in the day because the 05 was so popular when it came out. Glad to be back here too.