Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

New member from AZ

Search this Thread

Old 5/23/14, 01:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
New member from AZ

Hey gang,

My car's on order and I was going to introduce myself after I got it so I could include pics, but since I started posting everywhere else I thought I'd intro myself now.

I have a '14 GT Premium on order, Deep Impact Blue with Saddle Interior. Bought the rear camera and reverse sensing package so I don't back into another fire hydrant.

Gonna be here in a couple weeks, I'll post some pics after it's here and I get the necessary mods done (tint and paint protection).

Dan from AZ
Old 5/23/14, 04:46 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
I read your reply about stressing out over the color combo you wanted. I can relate.

I originally wanted black with the Brick Red 401A package, and I didn't want to wait possibly 10 weeks to order, assuming I could still order it this late in the game. And even if I fell in love with the '15, I couldn't put it off until next spring. Hey I'm 62...the clock's ticking!!!

DIB w/saddle was one of my back up choices, but I couldn't find even a coupe to at least see if it appealed to me. I wasn't going to commit sight unseen.

Neither Black/Red or DIB/Saddle in a convertible could be found east of the Mississippi the way I wanted it equipped. I spent countless hours on the Ford locater. I found quite a few that had the expensive electronics package, Brembo brakes, and an automatic. I was willing to compromise on the color, but not the trans. It had to be a stick.

And the last thing I wanted was a black on black convertible.....until I visited my dealer of choice and saw it sitting on the floor last Friday. It looked soooo right. I agonized about it over the weekend, called Monday and worked the deal....without even a credit card deposit. I brought it home the next day. No regrets.

Good luck with yours.

Tom
Old 5/23/14, 07:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm in AZ as well Welcome. I have the saddle interior in my silver mustang. Great color and very unique. Good luck with the car.
Old 5/23/14, 09:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
I read your reply about stressing out over the color combo you wanted. I can relate.

I originally wanted black with the Brick Red 401A package, and I didn't want to wait possibly 10 weeks to order, assuming I could still order it this late in the game. And even if I fell in love with the '15, I couldn't put it off until next spring. Hey I'm 62...the clock's ticking!!!

DIB w/saddle was one of my back up choices, but I couldn't find even a coupe to at least see if it appealed to me. I wasn't going to commit sight unseen.

Neither Black/Red or DIB/Saddle in a convertible could be found east of the Mississippi the way I wanted it equipped. I spent countless hours on the Ford locater. I found quite a few that had the expensive electronics package, Brembo brakes, and an automatic. I was willing to compromise on the color, but not the trans. It had to be a stick.

And the last thing I wanted was a black on black convertible.....until I visited my dealer of choice and saw it sitting on the floor last Friday. It looked soooo right. I agonized about it over the weekend, called Monday and worked the deal....without even a credit card deposit. I brought it home the next day. No regrets.

Good luck with yours.

Tom
Thanks Tom. Glad it worked out for you. I have to say though, I would have liked to see the pics for the black/brick red if you had ordered it!

Here in AZ buying a black car is almost a commitment to a lifestyle because of summer temperatures. Having done black once I'd already settled on blue, and then of course it's also very common to avoid black interiors here too... I liked the brick red but not with the blue, so saddle it was.

Stone is the smart color here so you can wear shorts in the summer but I just envision myself spilling something on it.

You said something else about your search that I can relate to. All the blue cars either had no options or every option. All I wanted was a USB port so I decided to order not willing to risk not getting a '14. Next thing I know I've ordered everything except Shaker, Recaro and glass roof... also no regrets on that.

Last edited by berzerk_1980; 5/24/14 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Remove double quote
Old 5/23/14, 11:36 AM
FR500 Member

Hi Dan

A while back I parked next to a Black/Red convertible with the top down and my knees gave out on me. But personal circumstances then made it impossible for me to commit until last week.

I considered ordering, but there there was some question if Ford would accept the order so late in May. Besides, I wanted it NOW!!! I couldn't find the Black/Red as I mentioned, but the black/black at the dealer made my knees just as weak. I find myself going in to the garage just to look at it, and brush off any dust that may be on it. The more I see it, the meaner and classier it looks.

I don't have a cell w/camera, but my salesman sent me pics the day I took delivery. But they're too large to post here and I have no idea how to re-size them.

Interestingly, just a few weeks before I bought mine, a local dealer advertised a leftover 2012 GT Premium Convertible 6 speed in Grabber Blue with 401A Black/Grabber blue seats....$33.9K, although their web site still shows $40K. I drove it but couldn't get excited about the color combo. I was still stuck on Black/Red. But it convinced me that I wanted the GT with a stick. Besides, I wanted a '14, the last year of the current generation.

It was hot here in NJ the day I brought mine home, and with the top down in the driveway the black interior got very toasty. But I found an old, white bed sheet and put it across the front seats and steering wheel, and it cooled right down. Worked like a charm. That sheet is part of my trunk stash now.

I can't wait to see yours, Dan. It sounds amazing and I'm anxious to see the color combo. Did you get the stick or auto? Send me your email and I'll send my pics.

And if anyone in the northwest NJ area is interested, the Grabber Blue 2012 leftover is still available. Write to me and I'll send you the link.

Tom
Old 5/23/14, 03:50 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another AZ guy here!

I have a Kona Blue w/ Saddle Leather, Brembos, and a Glass Roof. The ONLY thing I didn't like about the car and felt I settled for was the Saddle Leather. I guess I've gotten used to it, but I was tired of looking and since I bought it used, I figured I wasn't going to be able to get EXACTLY what I wanted but hell it's close enough! LOL

I wasn't big on the glass roof before, but after owning it I couldn't imagine not having it and it makes me sad that it won't be an option on the 2015's.
Old 6/6/14, 07:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey guys,

Picked up my GT yesterday. Not like you guys haven't seen your share of stock GTs, but I promised pics so I'm going to try.

Probably the most uncommon thing here is the color combination; I went all over heck and back looking for a deep impact blue with saddle interior to see in the flesh before I ordered.

Name:  ForumRunner_20140606_180505.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  23.2 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20140606_180702.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  23.5 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20140606_180725.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  24.4 KB
Old 6/8/14, 01:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Beautiful Color Combo.. Car looks stunning.. I am from AZ too. .Where in AZ you located?
Old 6/8/14, 04:54 PM
FR500 Member

Dan

I really like the DIB w/saddle. Hope you're having a blast with it.

I've had my triple black 3 weeks come this Tuesday, and the color combo has grown on me big time. I've gotten countless comments and compliments so I have no regrets.

Just ordered lowering springs, wheel spacers, and a set of Boss 302S wheels.

It has begun.

Congrats on getting yours.

Tom
Old 6/9/14, 12:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
congrats and welcome to dib club!!!
Old 6/10/14, 08:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by firstang001
Beautiful Color Combo.. Car looks stunning.. I am from AZ too. .Where in AZ you located?
Thanks. I was very pleased with the color combination; the Ford site and pretty much any photo I've seen really doesn't do it justice.

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Dan

I really like the DIB w/saddle. Hope you're having a blast with it.

I've had my triple black 3 weeks come this Tuesday, and the color combo has grown on me big time. I've gotten countless comments and compliments so I have no regrets.

Just ordered lowering springs, wheel spacers, and a set of Boss 302S wheels.

It has begun.

Congrats on getting yours.

Tom
Thanks Tom, well I haven't had any fun with it yet really, I am getting the paint protection film done this Friday so I haven't really driven it! I have a short list of mods but I want to make that first payment before I spend any more money (besides tint and PPF, mandatory around here!)

Originally Posted by CiniZter
congrats and welcome to dib club!!!
Thanks!
Old 6/17/14, 07:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats and welcome.