Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

New Member with a 2007 base convertible with transmission issues

Search this Thread

Old 5/24/22, 06:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Member with a 2007 base convertible with transmission issues

Hello Mustang Source. I'm Jeff and I proudly own a 2007 base Mustang convertible. My senior year in high school I drove a 67 1/2 mustang with a long nose, short trunk and it got me everywhere I needed to go. When it had enough and wouldn't run anymore I was sad to let her go. Now I'm almost 60, I never grew up, and I love my 07 pony. I have had no problems besides regular tune ups and oil changes. Lately I have had issues with the top not wanting to go up. I have to hold the button with one hand and pull the top to help it get going. And now my latest issue is the transmission. The code showed a pressure fluid issue so the pressure fluid solenoid was changed. the next codes were electrical codes. There is no dip stick and I know there was enough in it when we finished replacing the pressure solenoid. My friend tried draining all the fluid to see how much was in it. we got 6 quarts out, which is how much I replaced new after the solenoid was replaced. We didn't have a pump to drain it all out. When we started to fill it with fluid he pumped to much into it and it started to leak very bad near the front. I had to rent a car to come to Texas for a work project. He was supposed to replace the front seals, check the wiring, and refill it with fluid. He says the bands are shot and it needs rebuilt which is beyond what he can do. Does anyone know of a reliable transmission shop for mustangs in Phoenix, Az? Any help would be appreciated
The following users liked this post:
SensiStyles (6/17/22)
Old 5/24/22, 12:36 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
First, welcome aboard.. It's very unfortunate your having issues with your transmission leaking which seems in my opinion, it was from your friend putting too much fluid into it.. Unless there's someone from Arizona on here who can refer you to a reliable transmission shop, I would suggest doing a google search for a listing of transmission shops in the Phoenix area, and then contact each shop until you feel comfortable enough in having the shop you select rebuild your transmission.

Meanwhile, I'm really sorry that I couldn't be more helpful and wish you the very best of luck in locating a transmission shop in your area.