Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

New guy from Mich

Search this Thread

Old 1/19/08, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New guy from Mich

Hi all. Kaboom10 here. I'm in Royal Oak, Mich outside of detroit. I'm not far from Roush Industries which is over in Livonia. I have a 2002 5.4L F-150 but I need to know answers to questions that would be common to Mustangs. I want to put some performance in this thing. Heck I might see one of you at a stop light. I want to get it down on the ground too. See I just don't fit the mold.
Old 1/19/08, 06:48 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome!
a tune and cold air intake would/are the best mods to start with.
after that i guess i'd go for headers and gears or a supercharger lol.
Old 1/19/08, 07:29 AM

It's got a K&N replacement filter element and with the modified air box I felt a difference. I modified the braking system with EBC stuff. The factory stuff wasn't up to snuff for me and the front pads were gone at 29k/miles. This thing weighs a ton more than what I'm used to drive hard with. It does get the attention of the guy following too close. They think heavy vehicles stop slowly. If I had the money a Brembo setup would have my truck in the shop for rear end damage a lot. I've got a lot of plans but extra coolers and electric fans will help out tremendously. I found a Flowmaster muffler locally and can have it put on too. I can always have pipes custom bent a lot cheaper than the kits. I'll need a tuner when I get both front/rear gears changed. I'm up in the air for what ratio. 4.10 or 4.56??????? Always been a n/a person. I can get about the same horses from cams and head work. They just said get the 4v swap out of my mind. Way too much trouble.
Old 1/19/08, 07:40 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by kaboom10
I modified the braking system with EBC stuff. The factory stuff wasn't up to snuff for me and the front pads were gone at 29k/miles. This thing weighs a ton more than what I'm used to drive hard with. It does get the attention of the guy following too close. They think heavy vehicles stop slowly. If I had the money a Brembo setup would have my truck in the shop for rear end damage a lot. I'll need a tuner when I get both front/rear gears changed. I'm up in the air for what ratio. 4.10 or 4.56???????
I found with my last F-150 that the cars tend to go under your bumper when they rear-end you.
You just need to put on a new bumper and fix a few exhaust pieces.
The offending cars... Totalled.
I would suggest that anything more than 4:10s will make your gas mileage really low.
If you drive less than 6K a year (like me) then 4:56s might be okay.
Old 1/19/08, 08:24 AM

It's a 2002 with 33k miles. I just don't go any where much. I want to enjoy the heck out of what litle I do drive. I want to drop it down from where it is by a few inches. I'v even found a 4 link that is setup for bags. I can haul weight around by airing the bags and stay low after. I hope I don't get hit. I want to put a rolled pan on the rear.