Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

New Guy Here.

Search this Thread

Old 12/5/12, 09:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Guy Here.

Hey there, I'm obviously new here and just wanted to say hello to everyone. I don't currently own a Boss, but will be in the market hopefully sometime next year and decided to join and do some research into the car. I currently own a 2006 Cobalt SS with a tiny bit of mods done to it(intake, header, downpipe). Cool little car, I just want something with more power and prefereably a V8 and not FWD. I'm Active Duty USAF currently stationed at NAS JRB Fort Worth, TX and just recently got here from a 3 year assignment to RAF Lakenheath, UK. I look forward to doing some research and talking to some of you guys out there for advice and guidance. If you happen to be from the same region I'm at and wouldn't mind posting up an average price for a Boss (new or used, preferably used because that'll be the better route to take $$ wise) it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks again for taking the time to read this.
Old 12/5/12, 05:12 PM
V6 Member

Welcome.! We will help yu in the journey into the breed known as the Mustang.! Yu will not be disappointed once yu own one.!
Old 12/5/12, 09:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Welcome!
Old 12/6/12, 03:44 AM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Welcome
Old 12/6/12, 04:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to TMS!
Old 12/6/12, 05:32 AM
Cobra Member

First of all, welcome to this awesome site. I was in your exact position back in April. I joined with one car in mind. And just this past friday i made my dream a reality. I gathered all the info i needed here and met alot of cool people. Everyone would be glad to help you with any questions you have. Good luck on your what will seem like a longgggg wait. It will be worth it i promise you that
Old 12/6/12, 06:44 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome Sh3itskees

Originally Posted by ManInABox
And just this past friday i made my dream a reality.
Agreed, awesome site. And congrats, ManInABox, she's sweet!

Cool screen names too, both of ya
Old 12/6/12, 06:54 AM

Thanks for the welcomes everyone, I really appreciate it. I'm excited to learn as much about this platform as I can before it's go time and continue learning after that. This is definitely pretty different coming from a FI 4 cyl car. That being said, I will be quite happy to make that jump. I'll be keeping the SS since it's paid off and DDing that and the Boss will be a nice toy for me! Just recently bought a house though so I need to get some things straightened out with that then it'll be go time! Thanks again everyone for the welcomes!
Old 12/6/12, 03:54 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Sh3itskees
Thanks for the welcomes everyone, I really appreciate it. I'm excited to learn as much about this platform as I can before it's go time and continue learning after that. This is definitely pretty different coming from a FI 4 cyl car. That being said, I will be quite happy to make that jump. I'll be keeping the SS since it's paid off and DDing that and the Boss will be a nice toy for me! Just recently bought a house though so I need to get some things straightened out with that then it'll be go time! Thanks again everyone for the welcomes!
Sweet, I came from a 07' Sti. As much as I loved it....this was still a big jump for me as well. Just take your time. If u want something bad enough you will be able to find exactly what you want when u are ready for it. Can't wait to read your thread months from now after you get her.
Old 12/7/12, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by ManInABox
Sweet, I came from a 07' Sti. As much as I loved it....this was still a big jump for me as well. Just take your time. If u want something bad enough you will be able to find exactly what you want when u are ready for it. Can't wait to read your thread months from now after you get her.
While I was overseas I was looking into getting an STi when I got back, they're great cars that's for sure. I just can't see paying 30k+ for a 4 cylinder... Not that they aren't worth it or anything, and I know for a fact the STi's can put down some pretty impressive numbers and can definitely be sleepers I just wanted something that had more potential and I LOVE the way the new bosses look so that's the route I've chosen to take! I look forward to posting those threads months from now, and again, thanks for the warm welcomes.
Old 12/12/12, 06:00 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to TMS!