Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

New Bullitt in NC

Search this Thread

Old 8/25/08, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Bullitt in NC

Hey guys,

I'm Josh Lewis. I own and operate RawAutos.com. You may have seen this thread, http://rawautos.com/2008-bullitt-54347000/986/, about my finding out the info on the 2010 Mustang.

Well, I bought a Bullitt. After trying to get rid of my 2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6, I finally got a great deal on it from my brother who is a salesman for a Ford dealership that is owned by a friend of ours. I was able to get employee pricing on the Bullitt and get a fantastic trade-in.

The only options that I have are HID's and Sirius. Car will not be stock for long... I will be getting my 8-inch shorty antenna on Wednesday. And I am already about to get tint, the SHR Flush-Mount Quarter Window Louvers (http://www.americanmuscle.com/flush-...dow-vents.html), and an Off-Road X Pipe for my car... Other than that I think I'll leave the rest stock for a while.

I must say, being a BMW guy, and writing for a BMW site, I love my Bullitt. I am still going to get another BMW (I've had 2 previous), probably either an M3 or an S54 Z3 M Coupe. But the Bullitt is definitely going to stay in my stable for a while. I love it. My buddy, who has a 2006 Z4 M Coupe, and an E46 M3 before that, is simply in awe at how great the car handles. I myself have never driven a stock Mustang that drives so well and handles the way that it does. It says a lot that Ford took the seats from the GT500, the rear-end and the steering wheel from the KR and added them to a car that is much cheaper.

I am also a huge fan of Steve McQueen and love the movie, obviously. I named my car Jacqi, after Jacqueline Bisset, McQueen's girlfriend in Bullitt.

PS: The pictures of the Bullitt and the Z4 M are with me driving the M and my buddy Tom driving Jacqi. He wanted to keep driving it. His dad took a few pictures of the two cars...

Last edited by RawAutos; 8/25/08 at 06:44 PM.
Old 8/25/08, 07:43 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Excellent choice, impecable taste, and intellectual decision. ENJOY!

I guess we must have a couple of things in common.

Old 8/25/08, 09:44 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Welcome! Nice looking Bullitt!
Old 8/25/08, 09:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT

It must be an epidemic.... Grats...what number is she?? Here is our number 115....

Mike and Karen

Old 8/25/08, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Got Oatz
It must be an epidemic.... Grats...what number is she?? Here is our number 115....

Mike and Karen

Wow, where did you get the new grilles from? They look great.
Old 8/25/08, 11:11 PM

Haha, thank you. It seems that we do. You aren't trying to ask me out, are you? I'm sorry, I'm sort of seeing someone...

Sorry, that's my ill attempt at humor.
Old 8/25/08, 11:35 PM

Bullitt looks great!
Old 8/26/08, 12:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by MontereyDave
Bullitt looks great!
Congrats and welcome to the Mustang club.

Oatz, your car looks terrific!
Old 8/26/08, 06:59 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally Posted by RawAutos
... You aren't trying to ask me out, are you?

That depends on your measurements, if you reside in Beverly Hills, and have a private jet.

Old 8/27/08, 09:37 AM

That depends on your measurements, if you reside in Beverly Hills, and have a private jet.

Hahaha! Sorry, I'm in NC. I have access to private jets, though...
Old 8/27/08, 06:09 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the car

PS- you'll love the Z3 M coupe if you get around to getting one. My good friend has one, and it is wonderful

Old 8/27/08, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by future9er24
Welcome and congrats on the car

PS- you'll love the Z3 M coupe if you get around to getting one. My good friend has one, and it is wonderful

That's beautiful! I take it he has an S50? My buddy's M Coupe in the picture just got traded in yesterday for an 06 Corvette with about 450hp in it... I'm upset that he traded the ///M that he and I drove down to Atlanta in the middle of the night to go pick up, but he wanted a loud American car after driving mine! Talk about funny. He and I are both German car guys.
Old 8/28/08, 02:47 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't know all the BMW designations that well, but S50 does sound like something Pete's muttered once or twice. Or rather, S54 is what he said when talking about the "not his" ///M

Let me tell you, its a great car. He says he wants me to drive it sometime, to see what it feels like, and I plan on taking him up on it. But even from just the passenger seat you can feel how rock solidley it grips the pavement. The thing is pretty light too, so even though he has a very pronounced disadvantage in the hp/tq department compared to my Bullitt, there is still a great seat-o-the-pants factor to this car.

He also just got an aluminum flywheel, dinan clutch and a dinan chip. The engine sounds a little on the tinny side from in the car, but it has a good exhaust note. He had some issues with the trans, but that was just air in the hydraulic lines. Great car My only complaint is the seats are less comfortable than my Bullitt's, especially on longer drives (no adjustable lumbar) but thats a small price to pay

I love my American Muscle, but those Germans sure do make some good stuff, especially when it comes to keeping the tires planted. Can't always get that done in my Bullitt and mine has even less hp/tq than yours
Old 9/1/08, 07:54 AM
Cobra Member

I love american muscle, except no substitutions.... But On the same note I also had a BMW E36 M3 and loved it, I will eventually, down the road be adding an E92 M3 to the garage!!!! Got to love a V8 that is lighter than the previous inline 6...