Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

My new car just got it's first dent last night!

Search this Thread

Old 5/30/05, 10:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Mustang Ricky@May 30, 2005, 7:02 PM
Yaouch! That is just major bad karma for the jerk who did that. Sorry for you - must feel a bit violated and frustrating...

I gotta draw a line here; as great a vehicle as she is, she can be good as new. A child getting seriously hurt, now that would be a real tragedy.
Sorry about the car. but it can and will be fixed soon.
I have to agree with you that the damage to a car is NOTHING like dealing with a seriously ill or injured child...I've seen it enough over the years on the job (ambulance)
Old 5/31/05, 04:52 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Nolimdien@May 30, 2005, 7:36 PM
Woke up this morning to a hole in the back of my car. It's in my friend's neighborhood, and it's a really nice one, just a few bad ones it seems.

that`s just crazy
Old 5/31/05, 08:03 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by 97svtgoin05gt@May 30, 2005, 9:38 PM
Makes me furious to see this stuff. People are still pretty surprised when I tell them how much time my car spends in the garage. My theory is the more it's out, the more often it's on the road or in parking lots, the more likely you'll find a moron (who'll run into it) or an a_sshole (that will vandelize it). The car at this point basically only goes out if I'm going to be with it majority of the time or if it'll be in a controlled place such as my office parking lot.

I agree! People are surpirsed I don't take mine out to shopping malls, movies, etc. If I can't see her for an extended period of time - she's home in the garage! Trying to keep that new car feel for as long as possible.

I feel for all of you with the dings and scratches. Amazing how people just don't care about others property.
Old 5/31/05, 08:06 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Holy schnikes!!!

Were they trying to steal the car or just something in it?
I guess you didn't have the active anti-theft package?
Old 5/31/05, 08:32 AM
Bullitt Member

That stinks!!!!!

But it can be fixed up as good as new.

Good Luck in the future
Old 5/31/05, 10:23 AM
Cobra Member

Awful... just awful... I'm sorry man

But I say, enjoy your life and don't let morons like this ruin it for you. That's exactly what they want... that's why they do stupid crap like this so others have as miserable a life as they do.

Personally I wish they would all find a nice bullet to swallow at about 500mph. I mean if your life stinks so bad that you have to damage someone else's property to make yourself feel better... just do the logical thing and end it right now.

I dated a girl who wanted to buy a Corvette... this was in Lakeland, Fl... not really a big city. She never bought the car because she was afraid it would get damaged etc etc.

I now live in Los Angeles and there's more traffic here than I've ever seen in my life! BUT when I buy my new Mustang you can bet I'll be driving that baby EVERYWHERE... Heck I'll probably find excuses to drive it hehe
Old 5/31/05, 11:26 AM

They weren't trying to steal it, I do have the anti theft system, but apparently it only works if they try to open a door or something without the key. There's nothing to steal in the car, it's 3 weeks old, bone stock.
Old 5/31/05, 11:33 AM
Bullitt Member

WTF :scratch: Some dumb SOB high school kid who can't get one or wishes he had one. Man what can I say ??? I hope he gets his payback. It'll get better bro
Old 5/31/05, 03:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Justin so sorry to see someone messed up your ride. Just goes to show us all that there are a lot of sickos out there. I have the alarm system and it would go off if someone did my car like that. You might want to ask the dealer to reset your alarm.
Old 5/31/05, 03:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

what a !!
Old 5/31/05, 04:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry to see that! Some people are such stupid priks!
That is exactly why I have spent the last 3 weekends totally renovating my garage. I have some appartments real close to my neighborhood, I can see them from my house, and on more than one occasion, we (neighbors or police) have caught some little twerps from the apts. doing just that kind of crap :notnice: One neighbor caught one of them trying to pry the emblem off his wifes Escalade! That punk nearly required an ambulance, rather than a squad car!
Hope you get it fixed soon.
jeff
Old 5/31/05, 05:04 PM
Cobra Member

So just to be clear... since I'm about to order one of these babies... the anti-theft system doesn't have a motion sensor... or vibration sensor??

If not then I'll go aftermarket on that one.
Old 5/31/05, 05:15 PM
GT Member

Words fail me.

If I caught a punk doing that to someones baby, I would beat some respect into them. As a parent, if I ever catch my son doing that all I will say is God help him.

There is a motion sensor inside the car for those who order the active anti-theft systems.
Old 5/31/05, 06:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Look closer - is the hole a clue? Looks like a GTO doing a smokey burnout before taking-off to the right! j/k

I hate seeing this stuff. What's the deal these days? Hope the damage is minimal (glass, no big paint/dent work). I'd park it there again, once it's all fixed up, and friggin camp-out, just waiting for the punk to try it again.

"911, which service...?"

"Yeah, operator? Can you have an ambulance sent over to [...]? It looks like someone threw a brick at an 05 Mustang, then beaned some kid with a 5-iron. Can you also send a squad-car? Someone stole my 5-iron!"
Old 5/31/05, 06:51 PM

It's a darn shame! Someone should hit that guy in the head with his own crowbar.
Old 5/31/05, 08:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, Some people just don't deserve to breathe. I had a moron squish half a lemon on windshield today at the mall which really hacked me off but, I can't imagine the harm that would befall the idiot I catch doing something like this to my car. Sorry about your car and I hope it's easily fixed.