Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Mustang GT Coupe 2005 New member

Search this Thread

Old 3/24/24, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mustang GT Coupe 2005 New member

I have a 2005 Redfire Mustang that unfortunately I am selling. The price of insurance and tabs is prohibitive in Wa. state. Not to mention the price of gasoline! This was my husbands car and before he died I got to drive it 4 times in 15 years. It was his baby. Since then I've driven it maybe a dozen times. Usually to get my granddaughter from high school. Just getting out of the parking lot used up a lot of gas because I had to rev it up many times while we idled through the parking lot. Anyway, it's too expensive for me to keep.
What I'm doing here is trying to find out the differences between the Shaker 500 & Shaker 1,000. I read one thread here but I still don't know. In the trunk is this big box looking thing bungee corded to the back of the back seats, about 37" across & 8" deep with 2 speakers. No small bracket thing on the right side of the trunk. The original car sticker says Shaker 500 but ??? I know I need to read up some more on this. I think it must be after market because who would mount it using bungee cords?

It just wants to go fast!

Shining in the sun.

This red box is about 37" x 8"
Old 3/24/24, 07:13 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,545 Likes on 1,879 Posts
Welcome!

As it Says on The Box That is an {Infinity Speaker Set Add on Box} Which is Aftermarket.

See This Thread For System Id! See My Last Post #7.

I Took Care of Your Extra Thread!

I Assume if The Deck Says Shaker 500 {Still} He Somehow Added The Box To The Stock System.

Looks Like A Very Well taken Car of Car!

Sorry For Your Loss & Your Troubles!

Mgb,

KC

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...h-door-546748/
Old 3/25/24, 10:57 AM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
I agree with my colleague KC 100% The subwoofer in the trunk is definitely aftermarket... If it were factory, you would have the Shaker 1000 unit which includes the factory dual 10" subwoofer enclosure mounted into the trunk... The Shaker 500 units do not include the factory trunk mounted dual 10" subwoofer enclosure... Meanwhile, I'm also very sorry for your loss regarding your late husband and also very sorry that you're unable to keep his 2005 Redfire Mustang GT due to financial reasons... In the meantime, I'm very glad you were able to take the time in posting those 3 pictures, as the Mustang appears to be in very excellent condition... Therefore, you shouldn't have any trouble in finding the right person to give her a new home who will truly appreciate and take really great care of this car, just as your husband had before...

Once again, thank you for sharing those amazing pics and welcome aboard...

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 3/25/24 at 10:58 AM.
The following users liked this post:
05stangkc (3/25/24)
Old 3/25/24, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T

The only reason I know it's a Shaker 500 is because it says so on the original window sticker. I guess I was hoping for a Shaker 1000 but then it wouldn't be bungee corded to the back of the back seat in the trunk. Unless there is somewhere else that might say what I've got, I'll go with the 500 and an upgraded subwoofer. As you can see, where the name would be is covered over with the upgraded dash faux wood panel.
05stangkc you say there is a thread for System ID, where do I find that - exactly? I've already spent hours looking around, reading in here, admiring the photos.
Thank you both for answering my questions. I appreciate your input in helping me figure this out. I should have paid closer attention a 15 years ago, when we first got this baby.
Old 3/25/24, 04:43 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,545 Likes on 1,879 Posts
The Link in My First Post Below

KC

The Topic Has Some Good Info But My Post Simply Shows You By Visual Which System Car Would Come With.

Here is The Exact Post. See Caption Below Each Pic.

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...8/#post7074820