Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Make Way for Fresh Meat!

Search this Thread

Old 8/15/12, 07:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Make Way for Fresh Meat!

Good evening, fellow Pony wranglers! My friends call me Mick (or other names less flattering), and I am pacing the floor like an expectant father as I await the arrival of my 2nd Mustang. The first one came on the scene before most of you were ever gleams in your daddies' eyes, and I have missed it since the day I traded it for the first new car I ever owned. Bad mistake; shoulda just kept it forever. Anyhoo, I couldn't even wait long enough to lurk this forum before joining, so now I'm gonna go off in a corner and do my homework, 'cause you guys, wittingly or otherwise, are going to help me determine what the ultimate incarnation of Mustang #2 (as opposed to Mustang II) will be. Please excuse in advance any dumb questions I will ask; I'm as low-tech as an 8# sledgehammer, and I haven't owned an automobile as my personal vehicle since 1975. Won't this be fun?
Old 8/15/12, 07:52 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Welcome Mick
Old 8/15/12, 07:55 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Welcome to TMS
Old 8/15/12, 08:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome Mick.
Old 8/15/12, 08:23 PM
GT Member

Hey there!
Old 8/15/12, 08:31 PM
GT Member

Easy to choose, get the best Mustang ever made: Boss 302. Read the reviews, ask Ford, drive a Boss 302, easy choice.
Oops, profile says V6, thought you hadn't decided yet. With a V6, start with exhaust, and intake, get some more HP.

Last edited by Cranky Old Man; 8/15/12 at 08:40 PM.
Old 8/15/12, 08:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cranky Old Man
Easy to choose, get the best Mustang ever made: Boss 302. Read the reviews, ask Ford, drive a Boss 302, easy choice.
Oops, profile says V6, thought you hadn't decided yet. With a V6, start with exhaust, and intake, get some more HP.
Silly boss owners...trix are for kids.
Old 8/15/12, 08:47 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Silly boss owners...trix are for kids.
---
Shelby, amazing, but $60k.
Boss, outstanding, but $45k.
GT, built right, excellent performance and value, $30k-$35k.
So...if you've got the cheese, go big. If you have to count your pennies, the GT is hands-down the best bang for the buck, IMO.
Enjoy, whatever you decide!
Old 8/15/12, 08:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PJRManagement
---
Shelby, amazing, but $60k.
Boss, outstanding, but $45k.
GT, built right, excellent performance and value, $30k-$35k.
So...if you've got the cheese, go big. If you have to count your pennies, the GT is hands-down the best bang for the buck, IMO.
Enjoy, whatever you decide!
Shelby's you just about leave them alone.
Gt's are made to be modded. I've owned a half dozen GT's and modded the **** out of them and loved them. I bought a Shelby so I could pretty much leave it be and just enjoy the **** out of it and the Boss just looks clowny so that's enough said about that one.
Old 8/16/12, 01:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome
Old 8/16/12, 07:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome, BTW when it say what type of member its because of how many posts not what he really has..

Last edited by GreenCars; 8/16/12 at 07:32 AM.
Old 8/16/12, 12:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thank you all for your kind welcoming remarks. I have a base level Mustang on order, with Performance Package and back-up alarm/safety pkg. as its only options. I would have loved to have dressed it up some more, but everything I wanted was part of some package deal, along with other options I did not want, to whatever degree. My intent is to pump the $$ I didn't give Ford back into aftermarket accessories that I actually want to make the coupe my very own. Is it just me, or do others feel that FoMoCo is not being responsive to its customers' wishes in this sense? I realize that their business plan, of which this is a part, is what kept Ford from having to hit Uncle Sugar up for a loan a couple years ago... but come on! I won't be driving a Grabber Blue pony, like I'd prefer-- why? 'Cause you can't get a "stone" interior with GB. Dammit, they make GB cars, and they make stone gray interiors which fit ALL those Mustangs; why is Charcoal my only option? I don't WANT Charcoal! I live in Indiana, where the temperature and the humidity both run into the 90's. Give me a light colored interior! Rant mode off... but only temporarily.
Old 8/16/12, 02:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome!
Old 8/16/12, 02:30 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Mickstang
Thank you all for your kind welcoming remarks. I have a base level Mustang on order, with Performance Package and back-up alarm/safety pkg. as its only options. I would have loved to have dressed it up some more, but everything I wanted was part of some package deal, along with other options I did not want, to whatever degree. My intent is to pump the $$ I didn't give Ford back into aftermarket accessories that I actually want to make the coupe my very own. Is it just me, or do others feel that FoMoCo is not being responsive to its customers' wishes in this sense? I realize that their business plan, of which this is a part, is what kept Ford from having to hit Uncle Sugar up for a loan a couple years ago... but come on! I won't be driving a Grabber Blue pony, like I'd prefer-- why? 'Cause you can't get a "stone" interior with GB. Dammit, they make GB cars, and they make stone gray interiors which fit ALL those Mustangs; why is Charcoal my only option? I don't WANT Charcoal! I live in Indiana, where the temperature and the humidity both run into the 90's. Give me a light colored interior! Rant mode off... but only temporarily.
If GB is your favorite color option, I wouldn't skip it due to interior color options. I can't believe that ford wouldn't let you order one with the lighter interior though. If its just seat color, those can be changed fairly cheaply. Stone seats should still go well with charcoal trim. Also custom upholstery work is really not expensive if it's just some trimmings. Just a thought. I would go with GB or you are gonna kick yourself every time you see one. The reason I went for black instead of sonic blue was because of interior. I regret it.
Oh, and welcome to the site.
Old 8/16/12, 06:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Al, while my dealer was most sympathetic to my whining, he offered no hope that Ford would bend the rules to placate me, so... I ordered the Sterling Gray with Stone interior, you betcha, and I plan to distribute some of the wealth locally at a top-notch upholsterer's biz here in town. Since Sterling Gray with all the accompanying black tends to fade into the background, I thought to introduce a little red here and there for effect, and just to help make it MY car. Did you see the pics posted by "Myponyand me" in her recent intro thread? I loved the seats in her car! (Sweet ride, MP&M!) Anyway, I just think it's a dirty shame that we are willing to spend thousands of dollars on a vehicle knowing that we can't have it just the way we want it. And I remember back in the day when you COULD. (Before the inception of "Value Packages")
Old 8/18/12, 03:15 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to TMS!
Old 8/20/12, 01:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Glad you are with us, Welcome!