Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Loving life with a Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 8/8/14, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Loving life with a Mustang

Hi everyone, my name is Christian, I live in San Diego, CA where I own a small IT consulting business. I'm 33 years old and I recently purchased my first new car ever which is also my first Mustang ever and I'm loving it. It is a 2014 V6 Premium Coupe with a Manual Transmission, MCA Package, Electronics Package, Comfort Package and Performance Package in Gotta Have It Green.

I've had as much fun learning about this car as I've had driving it and after 3 months of ownership and almost 5000 miles I'm about to get my hands dirty for the first time ever (on any car) to do my first oil change, tire rotation and a few beginner mods. I am quite the nerd in many subjects but I've never learned much about cars until a few months ago when I began my research to select a new car for myself. I've never done any sort of work on cars but that's about to change. This is the beginning of a new era for me. I want to learn about engines, transmissions, suspensions, exhaust, aerodynamics and everything in between and specifically study the S197 in depth so I can get to know it inside and out and do as much work on it myself as possible.

I'm happy to be a part of the community and I'm looking forward to many years of fun mods, maintenance and fixes with the good counsel of all the pros around here.

Truly yours,

SlowAndFurious
Attached Images  
Old 8/8/14, 11:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

welcome! hope to maybe see you and your car on a cruise or at a meet one day
Old 8/8/14, 11:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by 20115.0
welcome! hope to maybe see you and your car on a cruise or at a meet one day
Welcome OP!

And Daniel!!! We haven't seen you on TMS in forever!! Are you back in a Mustang??
Old 8/8/14, 11:54 AM

Nice to meet you, Daniel. Hey I'm kinda' new to having fun with cars so I'm not familiar with any events or tracks in So Cal. Any cool places you would recommend in LA?

San Diego has a couple of drag strips and I think they have a new Autocross program at the Qualcomm which should keep me busy for a while as a newbie with an entry-level car, but I definitely want to get better at both modding and driving my car so any racing/drifting schools, mechanics workshops or car events you may know about would be cool.

Last edited by SlowAndFurious; 8/8/14 at 11:57 AM.
Old 8/8/14, 11:56 AM

Hi Patrick, nice to meet you.
Old 8/8/14, 12:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by SlowAndFurious
Hi Patrick, nice to meet you.
Hey buddy, I'm from NorCal but there's a SoCal thread floating sound here somewhere where a lot of the SoCal guys try to set up get togethers. I've met a few guys on the forum and it's a fun time. Do a quick search for SoCal and it should come up!

Also, nice setup you got there. GHIG looks good with those wheels!
Old 8/8/14, 12:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SlowAndFurious
Nice to meet you, Daniel. Hey I'm kinda' new to having fun with cars so I'm not familiar with any events or tracks in So Cal. Any cool places you would recommend in LA?

San Diego has a couple of drag strips and I think they have a new Autocross program at the Qualcomm which should keep me busy for a while as a newbie with an entry-level car, but I definitely want to get better at both modding and driving my car so any racing/drifting schools, mechanics workshops or car events you may know about would be cool.
Ya my buddy is actually taking his SN95 cobra to the qualcomm (racelegal) drags tonight. Might head down there too, still havent decided yet. Other than that I usually just do autox events with the porsche guys in orange county. But ya as laserred says, check the CA regional section towards the bottom of the main forum screen and you should find meets every once in a while.
Old 8/8/14, 01:30 PM

Thanks guys, I'll call my bro to see if he wants to hit Qualcomm tonight. Wanna get warmed up already. I'll check the SoCal group. Thanks for the guidance.
Old 8/9/14, 08:41 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,253 Likes on 1,679 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your first Mustang!
Old 8/9/14, 09:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
The mustang looks great! Congrats.
Old 8/19/14, 10:18 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
beautiful ride!!! congrats