Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Looking for advice

Search this Thread

Old 1/14/18, 09:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looking for advice

Hello All,

Looking to finally get a 15 mustang. Its a deep impact blue Premium Performance pack with leather recaros. I've done all the negotiations with the dealer and am planning on going out there next saturday to go pick it up. I am very excited for this car as it is optioned as to how I want. However, the car has white racing stripes that I'm not too big of a fan of. It is unknown how long they have been on there, but do you guys think that I will see a big difference in the fading if they were to be taken off?
Old 1/15/18, 08:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 114 Likes on 88 Posts
Do you know if the last owner kept it in a garage or had a parking garage at work? Keeping it out of the sun would definitely help. Any scratches or swirlmarks on the paint where you would notice the difference between what'd been covered up?

Still... after 3 years with modern clear coats I don't think it would be too noticeable. But I know there are a lot of threads about this subject. Maybe one of them has a similar situation.
Old 1/15/18, 08:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Not likely to have a problem with fading. I'd be more worried about the paint lifting.

You could ask the dealer to remove them as a condition of the sale, that way if they wreck the paint they have to fix it.

Swirl marks around the area are easy enough to handle with and orbital polisher.

And finally, if there is fading, you could always replace the stripes with a more subdued color.
Old 1/15/18, 08:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys, thanks for the response. I told the dealership that I want them off before I buy the car. They keep coming back with saying they'll remove it but after I buy it. I think its more of a hassle that I really shouldn't have to deal with when buying the car and not something I necessarily wanna take a gamble on. So, it looks like I'll be back on my search. Thanks for the responses!