Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Just joined and need help!!!

Old 6/6/19, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just joined and need help!!!

I’m hoping that I can find people to help me with the 2008 Mustang I just bought. It’s in overall great condition other then a few issues like the alarm goes off on its own randomly for no reason. Any idea why?? I also would like advice for different upgrades and things I want to do to it but let’s start with the alarm issue. Thanks ahead of time and I’m excited to be a member!!

Brad
Old 6/7/19, 10:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 114 Likes on 88 Posts
I can see it being once of two things, the smart junction box or the key fob has gone mad. Try taking the battery out of the fob for a while and see if it still happens. I had one go bad
Old 6/9/19, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I tried taking the battery out but no luck. Where is the smart junction box located?
Originally Posted by Cavero
I can see it being once of two things, the smart junction box or the key fob has gone mad. Try taking the battery out of the fob for a while and see if it still happens. I had one go bad
Old 6/9/19, 06:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 114 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by Bbonis11
I tried taking the battery out but no luck. Where is the smart junction box located?
The SJB is the fuse box in the passenger footwell. It's more than just a fuse box, hence the "smart" part of it. It also has the circuitry in it to control your turn signals, brake lights, alarm system, interior lights, etc. Water can tend to leak down onto it from the windshield cowl area and corrode it. They're actually not too hard to remove and inspect but they are $$$ and have to be programmed to match the features of your car. I think I spent $500 having mine replaced. If you can't get the battery out of your remote, try wrapping it in aluminum foil to block the signal