Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Hope to buy a new Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 8/8/13, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Hope to buy a new Mustang

In 1966, I bought my first new car - a red Mustang with black interior - for all of $2,200 ~ and now 47 years later, after driving family sedans, I'd hoped to return to owning a new Mustang. I test drove 3 and loved driving them, but ran into a problem with the shoulder belt riding up on my neck which was really irritating after awhile & decided to think it over. The salesmen at the dealership said no one else had complained & didn't have any solution.

I came here looking for a solution & found one thread posted in 2007 by an owner (n8rfastback) who devised a solution. He created a metal retainer that held the belt right at the headrest, and had quite a host of Mustang owners wanting to buy them. They were willing to sign a disclaimer of liability, so he made & sold quite a few until suddenly declining to sell any more since he wasn't financially able to test it to maintain safety warranties. Those lucky few owners posted their satisfaction that it solved the problem by retaining the belt on their shoulders.

So, now I know I'm not the only one who has this problem. I also know that a padded fleece sleeve isn't the solution. I will be starting a thread to see if anyone has any better solution or knows whether Ford is planning to fix this problem in the 2015 model. Hope to see other owners' posts!
Old 8/9/13, 10:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
don't let the seat belt thing stop you from buying a stang. I use a clip right up by the loop the belt comes out of. When I remove my seat belt I just lay it along side the seat. Its more convenient that way than trying to reach around for it every time I get in the car
Old 8/11/13, 07:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi, welcome. hope that seat belt issue do not keep you from buying a great car.