Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Hi from Philly Suburbs

Search this Thread

Old 3/23/14, 06:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi from Philly Suburbs

Hey all. New Mustang owner here. I found this forum while searching for tips on keeping my car running and looking its best.

Two weeks ago I picked up a bone stock 2009 GT/CS with 63k miles on it. The previous owner (who was the only owner) took pretty good care of her, but she definitely got saw some use. My goal is to restore her as best I can, then perform some mods - both performance and appearance - to personalize her to my driving style.

Anyway, looking forward to learning a lot and contributing what I can. Thanks!

Last edited by mightypudge; 3/23/14 at 06:28 AM.
Old 3/23/14, 12:03 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Welcome to the forum Andrew. American Muscle is a great company to start looking for mods. BTW, if you ride past Geno's pick me up a "Steak, wit".
Old 3/23/14, 12:16 PM
GT Member

Welcome
Old 3/25/14, 04:04 AM

Thanks guys. Yeah, I've already put a few bucks into American Muscle's pocket this past week. Nothing extravagant, just a shorty antenna and a license plate frame. But I have a lot in my build list.
Old 3/25/14, 06:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats and welcome.
Old 3/25/14, 09:36 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
welcome n congrats... i know u r waiting for all mods to go in for posting a pic..
Old 3/25/14, 02:18 PM

Here she is, two weeks ago, while still on the lot.

Hi from Philly Suburbs-5fe7379922784d9dbea41ec0b4308248.jpg
Old 3/26/14, 12:42 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mightypudge
Hey all. New Mustang owner here. I found this forum while searching for tips on keeping my car running and looking its best.

Two weeks ago I picked up a bone stock 2009 GT/CS with 63k miles on it. The previous owner (who was the only owner) took pretty good care of her, but she definitely got saw some use. My goal is to restore her as best I can, then perform some mods - both performance and appearance - to personalize her to my driving style.

Anyway, looking forward to learning a lot and contributing what I can. Thanks!

Hey,

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on you recent purchase, you will love it! Be sure to post a picture when you get a chance.

I noticed you were in the Philadelphia area and wanted to let you know that we are in the local area as well. I saw that you already placed orders with us, but in the future, you are welcome to come to our office and warehouse and place and pick your orders up here. Also, this August we will be holding a car show and we would love to see you there.

Good luck with your new ride, and if you have any questions along the way, feel free to get in touch.

-Dan
Old 3/26/14, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
Hey,

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on you recent purchase, you will love it! Be sure to post a picture when you get a chance.

I noticed you were in the Philadelphia area and wanted to let you know that we are in the local area as well. I saw that you already placed orders with us, but in the future, you are welcome to come to our office and warehouse and place and pick your orders up here. Also, this August we will be holding a car show and we would love to see you there.

Good luck with your new ride, and if you have any questions along the way, feel free to get in touch.

-Dan
Sweet Dan, thanks. I've actually been there and got to meet Brian and had a great talk with him. The office has a great vibe and the warehouse was really cool. I can definitely see myself visiting again...several times.

I'll definitely make plans to be at the August show.

I'll tell you what I really could use. Some hands-on experience with mods. Do you happen to know anyone else in the area that could show me the ropes once the weather warms up?
Old 3/27/14, 04:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to TMS!
Old 3/27/14, 08:07 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by mightypudge
Sweet Dan, thanks. I've actually been there and got to meet Brian and had a great talk with him. The office has a great vibe and the warehouse was really cool. I can definitely see myself visiting again...several times.

I'll definitely make plans to be at the August show.

I'll tell you what I really could use. Some hands-on experience with mods. Do you happen to know anyone else in the area that could show me the ropes once the weather warms up?

Hey,

Best way to learn is to try it out for yourself. We try and provide videos and guides for helping you to learn and work on the mods. However, everyone is on different levels.

For some of the really complex engine work I have had done to my cars, I have taken it to Swarr auto in Collegeville. He seems to have a pretty good operation going on there and really knows Mustangs inside and out. He would be my reference to anyone outside AM.

You would be surprised, our experts can really walk you through anything you might want or need for these cars. If you ever have a question or need advice I would give them a call first.

I hope this helps, and if you do need anything you can feel free to get back in touch as well.

-Dan