Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Help the new guy?

Search this Thread

Old 9/14/17, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help the new guy?

Okay. I hate to admit it but I know nothing about cars. Would anyone be willing to help me price my 1984 Ford Mustang Anniversary Edition? I'm being honest so I would like some honest help.

Last edited by rutherford; 9/18/17 at 08:51 AM.
Old 9/18/17, 06:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
Post some pictures and options
Old 9/18/17, 08:44 AM

Here you go

Originally Posted by Glenn
Post some pictures and options
5 Speed
68,000 miles

V8
All original/ no mods

Starts right up
Needs a little love
Old 9/18/17, 09:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Ok, so what do you need help with? Seems it's all in one piece, everything looks correct... ?

Pretty car!
Old 9/18/17, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by houtex
Ok, so what do you need help with? Seems it's all in one piece, everything looks correct... ?

Pretty car!
my friends keep telling me that I don't know what I have. I don't know how to price this car. I am not a car guy. I just have this car.
Old 9/18/17, 10:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
It looks to be a 1984 20th Anniversary Edition Mustang GT350. You say it's a 5.0 equipped car, I'd have to see an engine picture to be sure, and also the vin can be decoded to help things out (although I myself do not know if the GT350's status can be gleaned from that or not. Buck tag might be more informational.)

Pricing is... interesting. I've looked and it can be from about 6K up to 18K, depending on what's going on where. You might just need it appraised by three independent appraisers to be sure of the value, and be sure they 'get' the car, as a standard GT is what they'll likely use as value, which this seems to not be.

The last two, can't help ya with. You're either a car guy or you're not, you either have this car or you don't.

---

Now... the thing about the friends telling you you don't know what you have... as in they know it's a special car and you don't/can't care about that, you just like it/have it?

They'd be right. There's not all that many mint 1984 20th GT350s around. Be even more special if it were the turbo 2.3L version, but still... only 5000ish of these were made in total, so having one of those in fantastic condition as you have (with the mileage you don't have on it...?) it could be worth quite a penny. Again, though, ranges are weird, I'd really get it appraised and not want to guess.

Take care of it, go find out.
Old 9/19/17, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by houtex
It looks to be a 1984 20th Anniversary Edition Mustang GT350. You say it's a 5.0 equipped car, I'd have to see an engine picture to be sure, and also the vin can be decoded to help things out (although I myself do not know if the GT350's status can be gleaned from that or not. Buck tag might be more informational.)

Pricing is... interesting. I've looked and it can be from about 6K up to 18K, depending on what's going on where. You might just need it appraised by three independent appraisers to be sure of the value, and be sure they 'get' the car, as a standard GT is what they'll likely use as value, which this seems to not be.

The last two, can't help ya with. You're either a car guy or you're not, you either have this car or you don't.

---

Now... the thing about the friends telling you you don't know what you have... as in they know it's a special car and you don't/can't care about that, you just like it/have it?

They'd be right. There's not all that many mint 1984 20th GT350s around. Be even more special if it were the turbo 2.3L version, but still... only 5000ish of these were made in total, so having one of those in fantastic condition as you have (with the mileage you don't have on it...?) it could be worth quite a penny. Again, though, ranges are weird, I'd really get it appraised and not want to guess.

Take care of it, go find out.
thanks!
Old 9/19/17, 06:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
Looks like it is in terrible shape.... I would be willing to offer 300 for it... looks like it will be a lot of work to get it where it needs to be. J/K looks great. Don't sell it until you do really know what you have
Old 9/19/17, 06:40 AM

Nice... thanks