Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Hello from Scotland

Search this Thread

Old 9/4/11, 03:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello from Scotland

Hey guys

I just joined the forum a couple of nights ago. I've had my '07 GT since new, having imported it over to Scotland some 4yrs back from Sun State Ford, Florida.

Stangs are not a common sight over here and are pretty exclusive - I get a lot of great comments about my car - I am just about to head out on Sunday run with some other enthusiasts.

I found this forum when researching for some suspension mods. I want to drop my car, but I don't really dig the slammed look if you follow me. Quite like the standard 18" bullitts that came with mine. Anyway, I found a pic of a car on your forum with a subtle looking drop - looks what I am looking for. Here's a pic of my car and one of the car I found on this forum so you get what I mean;

My car;

and here's the one with the set up I like, as found on your forum - I have pm'd the owner for some info;

Old 9/4/11, 05:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the forum from Dayton, OH! Where in Scotland are you? I got to tour the Highlands back in 2000 and loved it!
Old 9/4/11, 06:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Welcome!
Old 9/4/11, 11:35 AM

Thanks for the welcome guys. I come from Glasgow - west of Scotland, central area. The highlands are about an hours drive away - we were up in that region today for a blast with some other enthusiasts - here's some pics;

Old 9/4/11, 12:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great pics! Who let that Challenger in there? Haha

I'd love to rent a car and tour more of Scotland. I enjoyed the "single track with passing zone" roads, but I'm sure I'd cause a huge pile-up when I hit the first roundabout in town!
Old 9/4/11, 01:00 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Awesome! Welcome!!!
Old 9/4/11, 01:30 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Hey frisco..........fancy seeing you here

Welcome to TMS.........this is THE best Mustang forum. Plenty of great information and lots of banter.

Good to see you Scottish fellas getting together. I recognise quite a few of those cars......but who's is the Eleanor'd 2011? Was that supplied by Atlantic Sports Cars? I've seen them advertise one, but didn't know they'd sold it.
Old 9/4/11, 02:34 PM

Wow - thanks for the welcome !

Ronin - the scenery is amazing at any time of the year. You could always rent a classic if you decide to come over. These guys will sort you out;

http://www.caledonianclassics.co.uk/index.htm

TT - Small world !! Yes - found this when doing a random search on suspension set ups. Think I've cracked it now - Think I'll be going with Steeda Ultralights as the drop is more subtle than other set ups.

The Cervini was indeed the one for sale at Atlantic Sports Cars - very carefully driven over the gravel road for the pictures !! There was also a Blue Supersnake vert, which I think I recognised from Bill Sheppard a while back.

The Challenger was brought along by it's new owner - think he'd only just got it from Alexander Autos.

Have to say, you guys have some awesome cars. Can't imagine ever trading my Stang back for some Eurobox
Old 9/4/11, 05:06 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice pics! I'm sure you will love the Steeda Ultralights or Sports.
Welcome to TMS.
Old 9/4/11, 07:22 PM
Cobra Member

A hearty welcome to you, Frisco! I would absolutely love to cruise the Scottish countryside in a Mustang. Very envious here!
Old 9/5/11, 11:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member Eu Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Welcome from someone just over the channel