Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Hello from San Diego

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/15, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello from San Diego

Hello all! I just registered here after googling some information about mustang seat interchangeability, and actually found some good, recent, information. I was impressed!!

About me, I've been into Mustangs since I turned 17 and got my first car, a '68 C code hardtop with 3 speed manual. After messing around with that for 4 years, I sold it for a used '87 GT. My girlfriend at the time had a '89 5.0 LX. We eventually married, I kept the '89, and went crazy with it, replacing almost everything on the car. My dad still has that car, and is planning on returning it soon. I went a few years with no Mustang but plenty of new muscle cars of the GM variety. Eventually, finances dictated I scale back so, I sold the fun cars and bought a Honda. That just wasn't good enough however, so I went searching for another project. I found a rare (all black, black interior, first year for black) LX that someone had started parting out. It had basically a black dash, and base model seats left and that was it! I managed to source almost an entire interior from EBay(haven't replaced the seats yet, I want sports seats), and started to put the car back together when I found my only current driver, a '95 GT.

The GT is a one owner (female) car that I bought in '08 with 173k miles on it. It now has 195k miles and desperately needs some love. I've been gathering the fun parts for an engine rebuild ( Edelbrock intake, GT40x heads, crane roller rockers, comp cam and timing chain, bbk throttle body and MAF). I keep going back and forth between stroking the short block, or giving it a hi-po rebuild with stock 5.0 crank and rods. It's looking like stock/hi-po may win out. Unfortunately, it seems I also have a bit of automotive ADD, because the rebuild budget keeps getting blown as I purchase parts to re-do the interior (**** EBay!!!) The original laser red paint desperately needs a re spray as well so I wrestle with painting the car first in order to avoid rust.

As you can tell, I love mustangs and mustang projects. I'm really excited to be part of a forum that can actually help achieve my goals!
Old 2/8/15, 12:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Welcome Rob. Always good to have a Motörhead in the mix.