Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Got my car in today! *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 3/8/05, 09:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey mark

u should update ur profile where it says "Car: None, sold it"
Old 3/8/05, 09:32 PM
GT Member

well the g35 is nice, but ive never been a fancy car or expensive car person, at least ur happy, but ur missing out on an american legend well have fun with ur new car
Old 3/8/05, 09:32 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by 94tbird@March 8, 2005, 10:31 PM

no u picked a mustang and settled for a infinity. you chose the mustang first got pissed off and settled for that
Argggg... Nevermind.
Old 3/8/05, 09:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

found u a good forum for your car

http://g35driver.com/forums/
Old 3/8/05, 09:34 PM
FR500 Member

We know the story Mark, and you knew exactly what kind of response you'd get with this. How DUMB do you think we are.

:nono:
Old 3/8/05, 09:34 PM
Cobra Member

While I prefer the Mustang GT personally, that is a super nice car. Congrats on the purchase.

On another note, come on guys, this is funny. My first reaction when I saw the pics, remembering the last thread with Mark, was to giggle, not get mad. Everyone needs to stop taking stuff so seriously...geez. His like of the G35 in no way precludes us from liking mustangs. Stop treating it like a zero-sum game.

Mark - good play man. You gave me my laugh for the night.
Old 3/8/05, 09:38 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by KansasCityTim@March 8, 2005, 10:37 PM
While I prefer the Mustang GT personally, that is a super nice car. Congrats on the purchase.

On another note, come on guys, this is funny. My first reaction when I saw the pics, remembering the last thread with Mark, was to giggle, not get mad. Everyone needs to stop taking stuff so seriously...geez. His like of the G35 in no way precludes us from liking mustangs. Stop treating it like a zero-sum game.

Mark - good play man. You gave me my laugh for the night.
Ah, thank you! : :worship: :worship: :worship:
Old 3/8/05, 09:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

For what the G35 is, it looks like a nice car. I can't knock you for buying it! I just know I would never, ever choose that car (or any car) over a Mustang. A Mustang is some thing people dream about. The loud rumble, the burnouts and . . . its just in your blood! To many people on here a Mustang is like part of thier soul. I know losing my Mustang was very heart breaking. For you to lose your chance at an 05 had to be a horrible experience. I just hope that the G35 is some thing you can enjoy.

A G35, however, is just a car. A Mustang is a way of life.

Enjoy your new ride!
Old 3/8/05, 10:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Ballz@March 8, 2005, 11:56 PM
For what the G35 is, it looks like a nice car. I can't knock you for buying it! I just know I would never, ever choose that car (or any car) over a Mustang. A Mustang is some thing people dream about. The loud rumble, the burnouts and . . . its just in your blood! To many people on here a Mustang is like part of thier soul. I know losing my Mustang was very heart breaking. For you to lose your chance at an 05 had to be a horrible experience. I just hope that the G35 is some thing you can enjoy.

A G35, however, is just a car. A Mustang is a way of life.

Enjoy your new ride!
well said
Old 3/8/05, 10:14 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Moving this.... not closing it yet, lets keep the flames down folks. We dont kick people out because they decided to buy a different car than a Mustang. We also dont kick people out because they admit to liking other vehicles.

Just dont talk trash on the Stang,

I personally like the G35. Would I buy one of those instead of the Stang? Not on your life. I also like the 350Z, but both of these cars are just way too small in the cockpit for my tastes.

You guys all proved you can take a thread going south, and bring it back to something productive, lets see if we can ressurect this, shall we?

Enjoy your car Mark, and yes, you are welcome to hang out and discuss Mustangs here. However, lets ease up on the baiting, k? You had to know some of the diehards would see red with this thread.
Old 3/8/05, 10:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

"A Kinder, gentler TMS."
Old 3/8/05, 10:35 PM

Really don't know what the point of this post is? Not sure on "Clemens9" background/story of why he didn't get his first pick and settled for 2nds and then feels the need to "share."

I know of some guy who bought a new Honda but don't think they have to post on a stang forum, and the G35 is a glorified piece of rice, in MHO of course.
Old 3/8/05, 10:35 PM
3rd Times A Charm

G35...well, I personally think it's a pretty clean car. I never saw the interior and I've got to say, I do not like it. It seems to dull. And they added some chrome, but not enough IMO. I don't know the specs on your car, but I'm positive it couldn't come close to the GT Mustang. As for your question about choices between the Ford GT and the Mustang GT, what if you could have the G35 or an authentic Skyline. I already know that answer. Why go with a Neon when you can have the Viper seems to be your logic. Bottom line, you came on here like most people wanting info about the 05 because you were going to get it. You say you changed your mind because of your increase in income. This sounds like This seems like there is a woman pushing you to stay away from the fast, muscle car and go with a more practical car. You probably came to a comprimise on the G35. That in no way says "car of my dreams". Either way, have fun in the new ride. I wonder what will go through your head when a GT pulls up next to your G35. Only you will know. But since you opened your mouth about your purchase, we all probably have an idea of what you'll be thinking. :cry: :bang: :cry:

Next time you get the smart idea to boast about your "dream car" you can just take a hike
Old 3/8/05, 10:37 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

Hey I think its a nice car - no doubt - and you should be pleased with it because it will probably prove to be very reliable and comfortable.

Dont take it personally , its just not a Mustang and your talkin to hard core mustang lovers ...

Even though its a nice car I think it will blend in with all the other Japanese cars out there and will be unremarkable, in my opinion.

Enjoy the drive!
Old 3/8/05, 10:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Congratulations Mark, on your decision.

That's why Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors. To each his own. It's not for everyone, and neither is the Mustang.

But I applaud your decisiveness.
Old 3/8/05, 10:54 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Well here are specs for an 04
'04 Infiniti G35 6MT
0-60 MPH: 5.9 sec.
1/4 Mile: 14.2 sec.
Top Speed: 146 MPH
Braking 70-0 MPH: 153 FT.
Skidpad: .87 g
EPA City, MPG: 20

Lower than a Mustang, but I'm sure you can still have plenty fun.
Old 3/8/05, 10:58 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Originally posted by ManEHawke@March 8, 2005, 10:57 PM
Well here are specs for an 04
'04 Infiniti G35 6MT
0-60 MPH: 5.9 sec.
1/4 Mile: 14.2 sec.
Top Speed: 146 MPH
Braking 70-0 MPH: 153 FT.
Skidpad: .87 g
EPA City, MPG: 20

Lower than a Mustang, but I'm sure you can still have plenty fun.
And this is with a 3.5L V6???
If so, these are great #'s.
Old 3/8/05, 11:08 PM
V6 Member

Wierd that I didn't catch these pics. I was looking at cars to replace my Mustang order if I can't get mine by August (lease on 2nd car is up by then). I think this would be the car I'd choose as well. I need a back seat for kids, and there aren't many coupe's these days that have them. I really hope I don't have to change my plans. I think it was a great "2nd choice" after the Mustang.
Old 3/8/05, 11:08 PM

Originally posted by 05GT-BABY@March 8, 2005, 11:01 PM
And this is with a 3.5L V6???
If so, these are great #'s.
Umm yeah REALLY good numbers, for how much again . . . .
Old 3/9/05, 03:06 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Clemens9@March 8, 2005, 10:10 PM
Well, this thread started just as an update of what happened to me, and that I was happy with my car and my decision, but the Mustang police walked in and decided that they know me better than I do and buying any other car is a sin....
I'm glad you are happy with your choice.

Regarding your "Mustang police" comment--what did you really expect by posting here? This forum is by and for the Mustang faithful. I'm sure I would get flamed on a Nissan or Infinity board if I posted that I bought a 'Stang instead of an Infinity and said I was happy about my decision.

Is it polite? No. But you really had to expect it.

Quick Reply: Got my car in today! *pics*