Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

First time with this

Search this Thread

Old 10/29/22, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First time with this

How do I post a question
Old 10/29/22, 11:08 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,862 Likes on 2,112 Posts
Originally Posted by Deplorable
How do I post a question
I think you Just Did!

Welcome,

Introduce yourself, tell us about your car, Post a Picture if you like & Ask Away!

KC
Old 10/29/22, 11:47 AM

Tail light problem

I have a 2006 mustang gt long tube headers, cold air intake, cat delete, 2 1/2" flowmaster exhaust, live wire tuner!
Problem is the taillights come on for 1 are 2 seconds and goes off! Replaced sequential taillights with brand new spyder sequential taillights same thing, replaced body control module, same thing, just don't know where to go from here!
any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited by Deplorable; 10/29/22 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10/29/22, 12:07 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,862 Likes on 2,112 Posts
If you Have LED Bulbs in Taillights Try Using Oem Bulbs. First thing I would Do is Do a Very Close up Visual on the Wiring Coming From the Taillights and See if they a Smashed or Pinched in Trunk Area. If Any Work Was Done Recently in Interior Where Wiring Could Have Been Damaged In Car Check That as Well! Did Lights Go Bad after Any kind of Work on the car or Just Occur Out of the Blue????

KC
Old 10/29/22, 12:17 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
First! Welcome aboard... Regarding your tail lights not staying on, if you didn't have the same issue before upgrading to your aftermarket/sequential tail light kit? Chances are there's something going wrong with either the module or chip board.. Therefore, I would highly recommend you contact the manufacturer and bring this to their attention.. If the sequential tail light kit is still within the manufactures warranty coverage period? they should honor it by sending you out a replacement.. Meanwhile, best of luck to you...
Old 10/29/22, 12:26 PM

Just a word of caution from Spyder Auto! Replacing with LED or HID bulbs voids the manufacture's warranty...

http://www.spyderauto.com/product.ph...M05V3-RBLED-BK

Also, just to clarify, you experienced the same issue with 2 sequential tail light kits malfunctioning... This leads me to suspect there is something wrong within the circuit boards or modules which also really doesn't come as any surprise, as there had been numerous complaints regarding circuit board/module failures with Raxiom/Spyder tail light kits... Anyhow, this was the main reason I never purchased any of their aftermarket/sequential tail light kits, but instead purchased the sequential tail light harness kit from Classic Design Concepts.. It's a completely all plug n play harness kit which installs into the OEM tail light housing assembly...Needless to say, I've never experienced a single issue with the CDC kit since purchasing it nearly 10 years ago.. Therefore, I would definitely recommend considering the CDC kit... Here's an attachment link below, if interested? Meanwhile, best of luck

https://classicdesignconcepts.com/mu...illights-05-09

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 10/30/22 at 01:01 PM.
Old 11/30/22, 08:14 PM

Update

Well I can't explain why, but I pulled the switch from the dashboard and the little illumination bulb in the switch was burned out so but the switch and wiring looked good so I bought a bulb off ebay (auto parts stores didn't have are couldn't get it!) Put it in and all fixed!!
. Can ANYONE explain this?
It doesn't really matter but I would love to know how a maybe 5 watt bulb could cause this kind of stupid a$$ difficulty!
Old 12/1/22, 12:50 PM

It doesn't matter why! What matters most, is you located the problem and fixed it.. Only explanation I can come up with, is that's just how the dashboard wiring system is setup