Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Eleanor is home

Search this Thread

Old 12/20/04 | 08:24 PM
Cobra R Member

LOL! I can't believe it actually happened.

Congrats!
Old 12/20/04 | 08:30 PM
V6 Member

YAY! finally! hehe, congratz!

on a side note, i 'stumbled' upon a ford dealership today

but really, it was an accident. I saw 4 V6s too! no GTs, but a really nice looking black V6. And Redifre is gorgeous in person!
Old 12/20/04 | 08:31 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Did I tell you the salesman forgot to tell me about the shaker?

I pulled into the chevron for my $22.68 worth of gas I financed... Turn her off, the radio stays on.
I look at him- WHAT THE I had this thing five minutes and its BROKE already?

Then he tells me it stays on until a door opens........ D'oh!

Also- HOW do I get the airbag to register me? I got in and the light came on- pass airbag off.....

I was just sitting in her inhaling her perfume.......Holy MAMA!
Old 12/20/04 | 08:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Congratulations, April! All the worries and rants have finally paid off! Way to hang in there. I bet you never ever thought a wreck could bring such a thing about, eh? Bonus points for nobody getting hurt either. And now, Christmas is just a tad sweeter, isn't it?

I am *way* jealous. One day...
Old 12/20/04 | 08:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats April ! You deserve it . Really nice color. Love the stripes. Wife wants to know how your making out with your puppy? Now make sure you get a good coat of Wax on her!
Old 12/20/04 | 09:01 PM
FR500 Member

Great looking car, enjoy it, nice Xmas present!
Old 12/20/04 | 09:02 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Merlot@December 20, 2004, 11:01 PM
Congrats April ! You deserve it . Really nice color. Love the stripes. Wife wants to know how your making out with your puppy? Now make sure you get a good coat of Wax on her!
I love Eddie, Eddie loves me.
Eddie pees in my husbands shoes

I need wax suggestions.

I was told to go get Megiuars.........Anything better?
Old 12/20/04 | 09:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

There is always Zaino but i think you have yo buy that stuff online. I've not seen much of it out in town.
Old 12/20/04 | 09:08 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

HOW will I ever sleep tonight?
Old 12/20/04 | 09:10 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Maverick128@December 20, 2004, 5:44 PM
Congrats. Now, you are going to take off that dealer sticker on the back of her right?
Need to know how please........
Old 12/20/04 | 09:12 PM
I Have Admin Envy

I never though you would get it,

after picking every single color you settled on screaming yellow!!

congratualtions
Old 12/20/04 | 09:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nothing better! Wife says the more Maguires you put on, the better the color looks, and dust hardly sticks to your car! She also says, you got your car, now you can buy Hubbie a new pair of shoes... thanks to Eddie ! Merry Xmas April, and wife would also like to see a pic. of Eddie, you and the Tang all together!
Old 12/20/04 | 09:15 PM
Bullitt Member

April,
You should sleep just fine, knowing that your Mustang is safely tucked away inside your garage. You can, and probably will, go out and sit in her numerous times, and admire what a thing of beauty she is. It is finally all yours, and that is the reality of it. Enjoy every moment you spend with her, as do all the rest of us who have taken delivery of ours.
Jaxxon
Old 12/20/04 | 09:16 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by tom_vilsack@December 20, 2004, 6:21 PM
Congrads April:

Can you maybe post some interior shots sometime? Also a nice review (after you had the car for a while) of how the V6 drives etc would be great.
Ok-
She has 118 miles on her.

She had 12 when I drove off.

I can feel every pebble in the asphalt.Ride is great. Acceleration is great, brakes you barely have to touch, The rumble of the engine is spectacular. I am fool stoned in love with it. I can NOT get my husband near it, although he is telling all his friends its pretty mean looking.

I drove her on a 105 mile round trip tonight to show my dad- Drove her through the country roads cruised at 60, shes a interstate virgin. Have not used cruise yet.

Gets up quick, handles quick, slows quick. Turns on a dime, I did one hard accelerate and the back end seemed to get away a little as I was on a gravel road, On a dead stop on a straightaway she gets up to 80 in no time........Made my Dad pee himself.

Shaker- Kicks it, I broke with pink floyd, a little steely dan and Franz Ferdinand. It sounds spectacular.

Seats- Love em, first car ever the headrest works. Kids love the backseat.

Passenger side airbag does not register me. Gotta figure that out.

The looks of other drivers- Bonus, Getting chased out of the restraunt so they could ask about her- priceless.

I am in loveeeeeee. Told him if I was dreaming, do NOT wake me up.
Old 12/20/04 | 09:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine+December 20, 2004, 10:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EleanorsMine @ December 20, 2004, 10:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Maverick128@December 20, 2004, 5:44 PM
Congrats. Now, you are going to take off that dealer sticker on the back of her right?
Need to know how please........ [/b][/quote]
April, take it back to the dealer's bodyshop; they will remove it with a little bit of solution. Wife had her's done. Took about 2 min.
Old 12/20/04 | 09:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

So, you said that the accelerator stuck in the Bronco, and it was just worked on, so are they footin' some of the bill or what? Inquiring noses want to be nosy and die. I'm a Cat named Pinocchio, so do tell.

Congrats again! And what's wrong with your hubby? Is he the anti-Mustang or something?
Old 12/20/04 | 09:27 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Congratulations April, I know the wait has been long and you've been through quite a bit. I'm very happy to see you get this car! Now's the best part.....enjoying it!

Savour that new car smell, its addictive. Mine's starting to slowly fade away.

She looks great.

Glad to see her home,
Dan
Old 12/20/04 | 09:27 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by houtex@December 20, 2004, 11:25 PM
So, you said that the accelerator stuck in the Bronco, and it was just worked on, so are they footin' some of the bill or what? Inquiring noses want to be nosy and die. I'm a Cat named Pinocchio, so do tell.

Congrats again! And what's wrong with your hubby? Is he the anti-Mustang or something?
Right.
That mechanic can stick it- he has been replaced. Thats what I get for using a David Allan Coe Mechanic. We sold the bronco for scrap. took out the XM. It had JUST had a new engine and transmission stuck in this year. Mechanic did it, I know he did. Same way he forgot to add transmission fluid to my Dads CJ when he did that and same way he didn't fix my coolant system & brakes the first or second or third time.

I used my Eleanor fund to buy her. Hubbys income got us approved.

He will not drive it, but he loves it- says its my car. He doesn't wanna drive it. I have been begging him to get in her and go for a spin. Go figure. I will keep working on him.

Question- Do I take her down to the country Christmas eve? Its at my Aunts house- 1 solid mile down a red clay pothole ridden muddy crappy hilly driveway........Or leave her here and hide her?
Old 12/20/04 | 09:28 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Dan@December 20, 2004, 11:30 PM
Congratulations April, I know the wait has been long and you've been through quite a bit. I'm very happy to see you get this car! Now's the best part.....enjoying it!

Savour that new car smell, its addictive. Mine's starting to slowly fade away.

She looks great.

Glad to see her home,
Dan
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Thats the best part!!
Old 12/20/04 | 09:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

I was told to go get Megiuars.........Anything better?
April, first thing I'll do is join everyone else and congratulate you on your new baby. What a great story!

Can't go wrong with Meguiar's. There may be more expensive stuff that some claim is better, but plenty of dealers and tons of satisfied normal folk use Meguiar's with great results - and most importantly, it won't hurt your car if you use it right.

I never ever considered yellow before reading about the yellow '05s in this forum, but it sure seems if you want people to notice you on the road, there is no better color than Screaming Yellow. And I always thought red cars were the attention-grabbers...

What do you think? Is yellow the best? B)

Quick Reply: Eleanor is home