Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

The disease has started....

Search this Thread

Old 5/23/14, 05:06 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
The disease has started....

I made my deal on Monday, and that afternoon I ordered a white cue ball style shift ****, GT logo floor and trunk mats, and a car cover from American Muscle. All arrived yesterday. In between rain showers I washed it and detailed the rims and tires.

And all week long I've been reconfiguring my garage, cleaning, tossing junk, all to make room for the Mustang. The garage was a disaster...never put a car in there in 18 years. It's small, so there was a lot of "stealing inches" and devising solutions for space and storage. But the Mustang fits.

Hell, I've been so busy I haven't even figured out all the cool stuff on the car yet.

Tom
Old 5/23/14, 07:49 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats on your new Mustang! What year and color is it? You should post up a few pictures when you get a chance.

Also, I'd like to hear about your future plans for the car!

Shane
Old 5/23/14, 09:36 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Shane

Thanks for asking....

2014 GT Premium Convertible
Black w/401A Charcoal Black and Cashmere
6 speed stick

I'm a techno-moron. I don't have an i-Phone/camera. That's why I didn't opt for the electronics package. I'd never use it.

I do have some great pics that my dealer sent to me on the day I took delivery, but they're way too large to post here. I have no idea how to re-size them.

Other than a few minor costmetic interior mods it'll remain factory original. The car came with the 19" rims and I like them just fine. If it had just the standard 18" wheels, I'd have ordered a set of chrome Bullitts from AM by now.

Plans? Keeping it in the garage on days like today for starters. This isn't going to be a daily driver if weather doesn't permit. I have a '12 Fusion SEL V6 for OTS (other than sun).

I also plan on making a career out of keeping it cleaned and detailed. I've owned second cars before, but nothing at this level.

Btw, great service from AM.

Tom
Old 5/27/14, 09:46 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tom,

That sounds like a good plan. It's always nice when you don't have to DD your Mustang and much more easily keep it pristine! Which makes it all the better every time you have a chance to cruise in your GT.

So what interior mods were you thinking about? Also, I see your GT has a manual trans. I highly suggest upgrading the shifter bracket to drastically improve the smoothness of each shift. Even if you're using the stock shifter, an aftermarket shifter bracket does wonders!

Also, thanks for the kind words regarding AM too!

Shane
Old 5/29/14, 01:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
congrats n welcome