Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Dennis - Short introduction from Germany

Search this Thread

Old 3/30/11, 02:55 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dennis - Short introduction from Germany

Hi out there,

just want to intruduce myself as a new member from overseas.

My Name is Dennis and i´m a 36 years old (hobby) road racing enthusiast.

I "felt in love" with american muscle cars, when i was kid, ´cause of the us army based nearby. So i grow up with the sound of V8s.

After several stays in the US since 1995 i drove every kind of rental car from Trailblazer to Chrysler Sebring, but the last years stay played a decisive role in thoughts for a new car.
We rent a 2011 mustang convertible and enjoyed it for two weeks. From that moment it was clear....we need a Mustang at we need it now but not a convertible and not a V6... just something you can use everyday and on track.

So we ordered a 2011 GT with the Brembo Package last october from a local importeur here in Germany.

My german friends called me crazy when i told them to buy a Ford Mustang for the next season. Most comments were...." a Mustang is nothing for road racing" ... " stay with BMW" ... "a live axle is something from the sixties"... and all that "blablabla".....

The "stang" was built in december and arrived here 10 weeks ago.... together with all my orders from several shops. My wife called me .

After another two weeks everthing was installed and ready to hit the track Roll-out was at the Formula 1 Track in Hockenheim. That day was amazing.... for me ......and the others.

Hehe and now after some Trackdays all that european and asian car guys i know are asking for a place at the passengers seat.... that speaks for itself

I hope my introduction was short enough and not difficult to understand.

Cheers Dennis

Last edited by Dennis-2011-GT; 3/30/11 at 02:59 AM.
Old 3/30/11, 03:51 AM

Hi Dennis,

I joined this site shortly before u did, but I am not fully entitled yet, still waiting to become a black w/brembos gt 2012 proud owner.

I couldn't help but smile when I read your message, I did visit the states recently and also rented a v6 converible while we stayed there, but we had already ordered our gt, and fully had the same feeling, if this is fun, wait til we get the real one. At the moment I'm a bmw owner, and this will be my first american car.

Have you ever been to any Mustang club events in Germany or Nederlands or other european countries?

I live in Spain and I plan to drive it around Europe during the summer.

Welcome!
Old 3/30/11, 08:06 AM

willkommen im club

mfg
Old 3/30/11, 05:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by weirdmeister
willkommen im club

mfg

yup, welcome ....greets also from Germany... BW HN
Old 3/30/11, 06:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
welcome to all you Gents glad to have you aboard Nice shot. How about all you guys posting some pictures from your home towns..... please! I would love to see them.

Becks beer Rules!
Old 3/30/11, 07:41 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Welcome!! I love stories like yours, I've got a friend on another forum from Germany that I really enjoy hearing from when he posts up his track and other stories.
Old 5/4/11, 03:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome. I wanna go to a Formula 1 race.