Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Is this a custom build factory?

Search this Thread

Old 5/4/16, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this a custom build factory?

I bought what I thought was a 5.0 2014 mustang gt. After I got home I realized I paid double of others. It was 31995 for a 2014 track pack. (dealership didn't have any paperwork on the car) 12800 miles I'm trying to see if I got something rare or I got it handed to me. After a month of looking all over the internet I found 0 that matched. It is a 5.0 gt track pack. It has the California spoiler side windows and side effects? It has all tech upgrades but not premium. It weights in at 3520 acording to title. It has racing recaro leather seats. I love this car but the dealership told me a # and after a week of driving it I finally went down to refinance the car. Its maxed out for how long I pay (was told 63 months by dealership) and the payment is also higher then told. Rushed signing paperwork after dealing with 3 screaming kids. My payments are 575 a month for 75 months... I moved to bristol Tennessee from ny and already put 4000 miles on the car from 3 31. I bought it for a daily driver on my bday and didn't look into the car or price as I just wanted a test drive (didn't think I could get the car in the first place) is a take over payment option even available . I put 5 grand down and have bumper to bumper to 75k. I still owe 32,500 ish
Old 5/4/16, 08:38 PM

Old 5/4/16, 08:43 PM

Old 5/4/16, 09:00 PM

6 speed ultra close gears (makes my old bmw rx7 camaro) are made for grandma. I love the car its amazing and in 6 different states I've been told its the nicest 5.0 they have ever saw. I've looked and looked Can't find another like it. It has sync shaker system. Back sub delete. Racing leather recaros 6 speed 5w 50 oil. This car gets it i beat a 370z in 5th gear w.o full peddle an all I heard from 370 was his turbo. Any info on the 2014 track pack with California special kit? I don't know for sure what the car is and the dealership I bought it from didn't even realize the seats are rare. It has anti corrosion after market installation. Stats on car are .79 gforce on back roads with nexten 5000 plus tires I had installed ( front tires on car didn't make the trip to Tennessee). I never launched the car over 1500 rpm don't want to hurt her she's 2 nice.
Old 5/4/16, 09:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by llMDKll
I bought what I thought was a 5.0 2014 mustang gt. After I got home I realized I paid double of others. It was 31995 for a 2014 track pack. (dealership didn't have any paperwork on the car) 12800 miles I'm trying to see if I got something rare or I got it handed to me. After a month of looking all over the internet I found 0 that matched. It is a 5.0 gt track pack. It has the California spoiler side windows and side effects? It has all tech upgrades but not premium. It weights in at 3520 acording to title. It has racing recaro leather seats. I love this car but the dealership told me a # and after a week of driving it I finally went down to refinance the car. Its maxed out for how long I pay (was told 63 months by dealership) and the payment is also higher then told. Rushed signing paperwork after dealing with 3 screaming kids. My payments are 575 a month for 75 months... I moved to bristol Tennessee from ny and already put 4000 miles on the car from 3 31. I bought it for a daily driver on my bday and didn't look into the car or price as I just wanted a test drive (didn't think I could get the car in the first place) is a take over payment option even available . I put 5 grand down and have bumper to bumper to 75k. I still owe 32,500 ish
if this is true:
$575 for 75 months thats 43125$ total, I dont see how thats right, if not then you got ripped off on a run of the mill GT, there is nothing even special about the options on it, used low mile 302 Boss go around mid 35-40G and that by itself is a much more rare and specialty car.
Old 5/4/16, 09:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
I think what you have is a GT Premium (400A) with the Recaro, Over the Top Tape Stripe, and GT Coupe Accessory Package 5 (Pedestal Spoiler, Side Scoops and Quarter Window Louvers). Also it looks like the previous owner may have Plasti-Dipped the faux gas cap.

Go to your local Ford Dealer and ask them to look up the Window Sticker for you.

The average sales price for a car like this is around $28K according to KBB so we're all a little worried that you got taken for about $4k. Did you have a trade with negative equity or something?

Also Hyperdrive, did you see he put $5k down?

Last edited by berzerk_1980; 5/5/16 at 08:09 AM.
Old 5/5/16, 12:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Sounds like you got ripped look up your vin here http://researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Numbe...cker/Ford.html you could have got a lower miles boss for a few grand more!
Old 5/5/16, 08:28 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
If he's happy with what he is paying for the car he has, he did not get ripped off. Sounds like he was surprised they would even finance the car.

So based on what he posted, I don't think he got ripped off as long as he is happy. He may have paid more than somebody else who has stellar credit but not necessarily ripped off.

Now if the dealership purposely misrepresented the vehicle as something it is not, that's a different story.
Old 5/5/16, 09:31 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by UOP Shadow
If he's happy with what he is paying for the car he has, he did not get ripped off. Sounds like he was surprised they would even finance the car.

So based on what he posted, I don't think he got ripped off as long as he is happy. He may have paid more than somebody else who has stellar credit but not necessarily ripped off.

Now if the dealership purposely misrepresented the vehicle as something it is not, that's a different story.

Note to OP....enjoy the ever loving snot out of it.
Old 5/5/16, 11:07 AM

The info from ford... head sales guy can't find out much. Service tech found alittle more.

Old 5/5/16, 11:13 AM

Engine says mod 5.0L 4v dohc sefi na. Is this a stock coyote motor? Also found a oil change is only 79.99 at ford. The oil itself would cost me more
Old 5/5/16, 11:21 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Where do you live? I can get full synthetic oil and filter for $40. Track pack should bump that up to maybe $60...
Old 5/5/16, 12:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by UOP Shadow

Please that car is worth 28-30 grand max on a dealer lot, and I'm from CT where cars specially used ones are higher priced then surrounding states. Should of done some research before hopping on and buying a car, then question if it was a good deal. I don't care for what's his credit or how he will pay for it, that car is just normal 5.0 premium with few factory options, dealer just fed this guy some BS that it's somehow special with rare and one of kind option on it.
But then again OP should state clearer what was the total price of the car without tax and warranty if any. I'm confused because it was 63 months now supposedly is 575 for 75 months which is around 43 grand total, which would be insane for a used 2014 GT premium.

Last edited by =HYPERDRIVE=; 5/5/16 at 12:09 PM.
Old 5/6/16, 12:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Anybody notice the OASIS says "Green Envy," not "Gotta Have It Green?"
Old 5/7/16, 06:03 AM
V6 Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Welcome aboard.... Nice Ride!!!