Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

C&L cold air intake question

Search this Thread

Old 6/23/15, 04:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C&L cold air intake question

I recently bought a 07 gt with a C&L intake installed. I took the car to the dealer to be checked out they reflashed the computer back to stock-to make a long story short. I am looking for the "no tune required calibration insert" any idea where I can find one?
Old 7/2/15, 06:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear the dealership wiped out your tune needed for your CAI. And like you said before, "working out mysteries". You may have gears installed and who knows what else that were built into the tune.
It can all be worked out. Best of luck to you and enjoy the ride.....
Old 7/3/15, 09:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
one way that *MIGHT* (and I say this with extreme hesitation) work would be to contact the previous owner if the info is available (where I live state law requires the dealer to furnish all available data on the previous owner(s) of a used car if able) and call them/contact them and explain that you are wanting to know what the car has built in it (mods) so you can properly tune it, and if they can tell you write it all down then go to out to our Bamma friends over at American Muscle (hey what do you know two shameless plugs for two companies that are great at what they do) and have the Bamma guys and gals write a new tune for your stang and get it sorted out that way, yes you might have to drop a tiny bit of $$$ on the programmer but its plug and play and press a button or two read the screen and done type thing.

closest thing you will get to a calibration insert.

in the mean time best I can say is pull the battery negitive terminal and let the car sit say 20 minutes and clear the ECU (resets it) and then hook it up and take it for a decent drive (say 30 min to 60 min) so it can relearn what it needs.

Last edited by Jim74656; 7/3/15 at 09:54 PM.