Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

22 Mustang GT Premium New Member Intro

Search this Thread

Old 9/21/23, 04:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
22 Mustang GT Premium New Member Intro

Hello fellow STANGers,

AJ here. I finally got my dream car this past July. This beauty was sitting in the car lot 1 of 2 left from the 2022 line.
Used to drive a 2004 Honda C-RV but when it died end of June there was only going to be 1 car for me.
SUV was very handy when kids were young, now they are both teens so they have their own stuff to do while the Mrs & I can enjoy my dream Mustang. Decision was more or less done as soon as we wanted a new motor.

Always wanted a Red(Liverpool FC is my team and hometown) Stang and I couldn't believe my luck when I saw it on the dealership website. Took the Mrs & 2 teens same week and bought it. That was 21/7 so today is 2 months exactly since it's come into our lives. A birthday gift was a proper cleaning yesterday and today.

Already decked with 401A & Apps Package. All that was missing is the racing stripes BUT that can be arranged later when I've enjoyed it a bit more in it's natural look without make up.

Here's a few pics. First one is the day we got him and we're just outside a Gelato place celebrating with some treats, my son makes an appearance.

Looking forward to meet you, chat with and learn from you all fellow experienced Stang lovers.

Cheers, AJ

The following users liked this post:
95cobraR (9/22/23)
Old 9/22/23, 01:07 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 151 Likes on 105 Posts
AJ,
That is excellent car

I'd like to swap outer plates. i'll swap two other outer dealer plates from the south for your one?

Your "liverpool F.C," would be great in our free car shows..Some band was from Liverpool?
AJ Stang 22 (9/22/23)
Old 9/22/23, 07:13 AM
The Analog Admin!

Received 2,992 Likes on 2,199 Posts
Welcome Aj,

That Mustang is Quite The Change & Upgrade From the 04 Honda! It's Brilliant you were able To Combine Your Sports Interest along With Your Mustang Passion. It's Great The Wife is Onboard with the Car Choice & I Wish You Many Happy Kilometers of Driving Fun Together. Almost Said Miles! Has the Wife Taken the Wheel & Gave The Pony a Proper Go!

Be Careful Letting that Pony Out with the Teens it's a Lot of Car! I would Surmise it was an Experience First Time Getting Her Up to a Full Gallop after Previous Car. Speaking of Which How Are The Teens Liking The Car?

So What Are Your Plans For The Car, Enjoy as Is or Personalize a Bit With Some Proper Kit? A Little Tweek Under The Bonnet? Either Way it Will Be Grand Fun! Trying To Use My English as Heard on Wheeler Dealer UK Based Tv Show in Your Honor!

Aj Just a Question, There are Lots of Mustang Websites Out There Is There any Particular Reason You Chose TMS? We Are Always Looking For Ways to Improve So a Smidge of Insight is Appreciated!

Best Regards & Cheers!

Mgb,

KC
AJ Stang 22 (9/22/23)
Old 9/22/23, 10:03 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,285 Likes on 1,704 Posts
Welcome and she is a beauty!
AJ Stang 22 (9/22/23)
Old 9/22/23, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by 95cobraR
AJ,
That is excellent car

I'd like to swap outer plates. i'll swap two orther outer dealer plates from the south for your one?

Your "liverpool F.C," would be great in our free car shows..Some band was from Liverpool?
thank you. you can get the outer plates from a place called anfieldshop.com they are in Seattle.
Would have loved to swap one but that was the first treat I bought for the new Stang and am not parting with one.
what can I say best band ever from Liverpool and best football(soccer) team as well. for me anyways.
05stangkc (9/22/23)
Old 9/22/23, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Welcome Aj,

That Mustang is Quite The Change & Upgrade From the 04 Honda! It's Brilliant you were able To Combine Your Sports Interest along With Your Mustang Passion. It's Great The Wife is Onboard with the Car Choice & I Wish You Many Happy Kilometers of Driving Fun Together. Almost Said Miles! Has the Wife Taken the Wheel & Gave The Pony a Proper Go!

Be Careful Letting that Pony Out with the Teens it's a Lot of Car! I would Surmise it was an Experience First Time Getting Her Up to a Full Gallop after Previous Car. Speaking of Which How Are The Teens Liking The Car?

So What Are Your Plans For The Car, Enjoy as Is or Personalize a Bit With Some Proper Kit? A Little Tweek Under The Bonnet? Either Way it Will Be Grand Fun! Trying To Use My English as Heard on Wheeler Dealer UK Based Tv Show in Your Honor!

Aj Just a Question, There are Lots of Mustang Websites Out There Is There any Particular Reason You Chose TMS? We Are Always Looking For Ways to Improve So a Smidge of Insight is Appreciated!

Best Regards & Cheers!

Mgb,

KC
Hi Kc, thank you for the reply.

Teens love it especially my 18 yr old son. My 16 yr old girl still a bit scared when the Pony really goes, if ya know what I mean.

I pushed it to 175km one weekend on a remote highway and it flew. My lass sitting in the back covered her eyes, she got scared haha.

My wife(being Italian) loves sports cars so it was a no brainer for her. On the test drive I sat in the back with the salesman in the front beside her, she pushed it to about 120km and the guy said "holy **** you really love to drive". She grew up sitting in a 70's Cougar that her old man owned in Montreal and she parallel parked that beast at the age of 16.

I am planning on getting some low side stripes under each door and maybe racing stripes from the boot to the bonnet but it's a tough sell as the Mrs loves the Pony they way it is. Slowly I will break her down and dress it up.
Under the bonnet, am not too sure. I'm not gonna drag race it or anything. HP & Torque as you know is powerful as it is on them GTs. If I was in my 20's then yes but not now.

To be honest I found the website from a google search as I was looking for answers for my gas tank capacity issues and such.
Took a look around the TMS board and saw the pictures of fellow Stang owners and how happy and proud they are of their car and I felt right at home because that's exactly how I feel about mine. The amount of knowledge some members have is mind boggling.

I know my cars since a young age be it British, American(BBC showed plenty of shows back in the 70's & 80's) or Japanese but not every mechanical detail as some on here have.

This is coming from a lad who used to sit in a 69 Red convertible MGB that my uncle used to drive in England.

That was another reason why I joined, so I can interact, learn and appreciate the well versed ones and their experiences.

Already got some good tips on detailing and products to use although I have already spent like $300 on products but still need more. Looking forward to chatting with many other Stangers in the future.

Last edited by AJ Stang 22; 9/22/23 at 11:52 AM.
Old 9/22/23, 12:18 PM
The Analog Admin!

Thanks So Much For the Reply,

It's Crazy out in the World So we Try & Keep the Grief in the Politics & Religion Section We All Gotta Vent Sometimes! In the Main Forums Here Especially Recently We are Cultivating a Small Community of Like Minded Gear Heads who Love & Appreciate All Mustangs and are Eager to Share & Help Others! I Love Cars in General if They Are Interesting! Mgb's Are Cool! No Doubt. Had Cougars Back in the Day! Uh Mercury that is!

It's Great The Wife Appreciates the Car & Can Drive it! My Wife is a Nascar Nut & Had a Fat Foot Back in The Day! We Got a 02 Harley F-150 Supercharged New Back in 02 And She Went Through Tires Like Nobodies Business For Years! These Days We are Slowed Down By Health Issues But Continue To Drive Our High Performance Machines. Mine of Note is a 34K Low Miles 07 Gt-500. That is Among Lots of Other Projects Which Need To Move On.

These Days I Enjoy Helping Others Locate Hard to Find Parts & Some Tech Advice I got from 30+ Years at Ford Dealerships as a Parts Manager & Parts Counterman Until I Retired.

Love The Uk English Verbage & I Tend To Parrot Stuff I Hear with Accent Kind of Automatic and Sometimes I Just Can't Stop it Even if I want Too! Just a Knack In Have with Voices. Fascinated with Other Languages. I Cam Mimic Them Very Well Even if I Don't Know What I am Saying!

My Kids Grew up with Fast Cars & Mom Got Them over Shall I Say Spirited Driving. My Late Son Andrew Who Passed at 21 after a Second Bout with Leukemia also Went By AJ at Times. So Your Screen Name Really Caught My Eye. He was a Very Knowledgeable Gear Head. There is a Whole Thread on Him in my Oem Parts Section & The Support Our Family Got During Those Trying Times. Some Great People Those Mustang Members!

Glad To Hear Your Son Loves The Car These Days Some Just Want to Be Gamers Etc. Take the Time To Share All You Can With The Family as They Grow up All too Soon! The Daughter As Well! My Youngest Had a Big Block Fairlane as a First Car & Could Really Drive it. Got a Harley Streetbob Out of The Blue! Big Surprise!

Well Sounds Like it Was Random Chance That Brought You Here But What You Saw Got You in The Door! That is All That Matters!

I Look Forward To Seeing Around The Site! You Might Like To Check Out The Curated Section on the 2015-2023 Models For Some Good Model Specific Youtube Vids!

Well,

Cheers,

Mgb,

KC
Old 9/22/23, 02:17 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,173 Likes on 1,750 Posts
Welcome aboard and thanks for posting images of your "22" S550 GT, she's a real head turner... Meanwhile, also congrats.
Old 9/22/23, 04:01 PM
The Analog Admin!

How Funny Just As I'm Doing My Last Edit on My Post about My Daughter The Door Bell Rings and Guess Who! Had Not Seen Her For Some Time! I Will Have to Post About Her More Often!

Mgb,

KC
Old 10/5/23, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Thanks So Much For the Reply,

It's Crazy out in the World So we Try & Keep the Grief in the Politics & Religion Section We All Gotta Vent Sometimes! In the Main Forums Here Especially Recently We are Cultivating a Small Community of Like Minded Gear Heads who Love & Appreciate All Mustangs and are Eager to Share & Help Others! I Love Cars in General if They Are Interesting! Mgb's Are Cool! No Doubt. Had Cougars Back in the Day! Uh Mercury that is!

It's Great The Wife Appreciates the Car & Can Drive it! My Wife is a Nascar Nut & Had a Fat Foot Back in The Day! We Got a 02 Harley F-150 Supercharged New Back in 02 And She Went Through Tires Like Nobodies Business For Years! These Days We are Slowed Down By Health Issues But Continue To Drive Our High Performance Machines. Mine of Note is a 34K Low Miles 07 Gt-500. That is Among Lots of Other Projects Which Need To Move On.

These Days I Enjoy Helping Others Locate Hard to Find Parts & Some Tech Advice I got from 30+ Years at Ford Dealerships as a Parts Manager & Parts Counterman Until I Retired.

Love The Uk English Verbage & I Tend To Parrot Stuff I Hear with Accent Kind of Automatic and Sometimes I Just Can't Stop it Even if I want Too! Just a Knack In Have with Voices. Fascinated with Other Languages. I Cam Mimic Them Very Well Even if I Don't Know What I am Saying!

My Kids Grew up with Fast Cars & Mom Got Them over Shall I Say Spirited Driving. My Late Son Andrew Who Passed at 21 after a Second Bout with Leukemia also Went By AJ at Times. So Your Screen Name Really Caught My Eye. He was a Very Knowledgeable Gear Head. There is a Whole Thread on Him in my Oem Parts Section & The Support Our Family Got During Those Trying Times. Some Great People Those Mustang Members!

Glad To Hear Your Son Loves The Car These Days Some Just Want to Be Gamers Etc. Take the Time To Share All You Can With The Family as They Grow up All too Soon! The Daughter As Well! My Youngest Had a Big Block Fairlane as a First Car & Could Really Drive it. Got a Harley Streetbob Out of The Blue! Big Surprise!

Well Sounds Like it Was Random Chance That Brought You Here But What You Saw Got You in The Door! That is All That Matters!

I Look Forward To Seeing Around The Site! You Might Like To Check Out The Curated Section on the 2015-2023 Models For Some Good Model Specific Youtube Vids!

Well,

Cheers,

Mgb,

KC
Thanks kevin.

I try to include the teens if am cleaning it or doing something to the interior. this way they feel part of it. only thing is they are both about 5'11 - 6ft tall and sitting in the back is a pain in the **** for them. they wrap their long legs around the seats and crouch down a bit so their heads won't touch the roof. They never complained, like, they love sitting in it.
My son always wants me drive it in Track exhaust when he's with me. They love turning it on with the remote start just to hear that GROWL, haha. As you say the get grow fast. Glad you saw your daughter.

I'm sure you did the same with your kids by the sound if it or else they wouldn't have that love and passion for cars/cycles.
Also, how fantastic is it to have a woman who loves and appreciate fast motors? We are both lucky.

Am slowly getting used to the site and where to find things.

05stangkc (10/5/23)
Old 10/5/23, 06:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,547 Likes on 1,060 Posts
welcome to the forum, and nice choice!