2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reflecting - 1 full year into ownership of DK II

Search this Thread

Old 1/4/06, 11:20 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well the 21st of December made a FULL year I have owned my GT, the Dark Knight II. I was down south in Sunrise spending the holiday week with my brother and his wife - and since the I lived there at that house at the time I first got my Mustang, I found myself reflecting on my feelings and impressions when I first got it - and then I thought it would be cool to try and take some pics in the same spot I did when I first got the car, and see the comparison a year later..... I tried to duplicate some of the same shots from a year ago just from memory and think I did a decent job.

I have also made some recent mods to the car and figured I would get a few pics up regarding that - as well as some decent shots taken when my brother and I attended the FORD Innovation Drive down at Homestead racetrack in Miami in November - as a member of the Ft. Lauderdale Mustang Club, we actually had the option to display our car - only three other members were able to attend with us and we were staged right on pit row and right alongside the SVT trailer and cars - so the Ford GT was maybe 20 feet away, the official Mustang Pacecar not 10 feet away, the I got to park next to the SVT display Cobra R Mustang. I actually got a few comments from people thinking my car was a new SVT model or the new Cobra.

Anyway, on to some pics!!

First - the 2004 to 2005 comparison:

So obviously, the Street Scene ducktail is finally finished and on
I really love it and as much as I found myself digging the car as a fastback, I am SO glad I put it on. Just the right size to finish off the back of the car.

Here are a few of that specifically

My brother and I removed the valve covers and painted them with high temp aluminum paint and clearcoat. Some of these pics could be a tiny bit clearer but you can get the general visual idea.

We also installed the stainless Bassani X pipe with the high flow comp cats. No pictures or soundclips but the car is DEFINITELY a lot more 'obnoxious' when you lean on the throttle

Here's a some pics from the FORD Innovation Drive:

Here's a few with my brother and his wife's stock '05 Pony

To finish up - one with our official 'mascot' (who just happens to match my car...)

And finally, a chance for a pic I could NOT pass up - just happened across this in the parking lot outside an Auction/Import place in Delray Beach.....

Looking back - I never really had the car 'bug' until I got my Stang. Now I have mods on my mind half the time. (and spent WAY too much money already)

I discovered this amazing site and seen some killer new Mustangs and met and interacted with great fellow Source members.

I have gotten more people stopping me in parking lots or on the street at lights to comment about the car and how much they like it - from a guy in a black Firebird to 3 seperate guys in BMWs who made a point of letting me know they dug the car. The thing really turns heads and gets reactions from folks - the first few months of owning it when there was nothing on the road like it, I will never forget.

So - ONE year in with my 05 Stang - and still loving it!!
Old 1/4/06, 11:44 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a great post! You have done a fantastic job with your car....it looks VERY sharp! Great pics.....you have really got me wanting to buy that hood for my car. The shot of the horse statue and your car is awesome! Congrats on doing such a nice job on your car!
Old 1/4/06, 11:53 AM
FR500 Member

Absolutely gorgeous car. I think the ducktail finishes up the rear, Dave. Glad you went with it. I like the hood pins too... don't think I saw them yet on your car. Also, what springs did you end up going with? I think the ride height looks great.

Your car is the sleekest, baddest looking black Mustang I think I've ever seen. Very nice work, inside and out.

And I like that dog. I have a reddish brown mutt that same size and he looks almost exactly like yours. My dog even has the little white spot on his chest and sits like that with his front paws facing in. I gotta show my wife that... she'll get a kick out of it.
Old 1/4/06, 11:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Great pic's Dave. Car looks fantastic. I especially like that shot of the GT350 whith those wheels. Really has me leaning toward the new shelby wheels.

Book
Old 1/4/06, 12:24 PM

Thanks for the pics, they really helped sell me on the Street Sceene Ducktail, even with the third brake light. Very nice car.

Thanks,
Old 1/4/06, 12:40 PM
Cobra Member

Love the pictures!!!
Old 1/4/06, 01:05 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't stand what you have done to your car

You know your car is on my favourite car list.
Old 1/4/06, 01:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

AMAZING PICS!!!!!

Thanks for always keeping us posted on your beautiful pony!

John
Old 1/4/06, 02:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Your mustang rocks!! It looks really mean and is probably the nicest done black stang I've seen. Nice job. I agree with you though, themustangsource is a great site but I bad influence as coming here keeps making me want to spend more money on my car!!!
Old 1/4/06, 02:56 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I love your car! It's the best black stang I have seen yet. If I ever get a black one, your car you be the inspiration behind several mods. Thanks!
Old 1/4/06, 02:58 PM
GT Member

Sweet looking car. Love it.

Looks like your neighbor upgraded their car too.
Old 1/4/06, 03:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Great pics as always!
Old 1/4/06, 03:36 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Awesome pics Dave and great post. :worship: I am loving the ducktail. Its on my want list.
Old 1/4/06, 03:48 PM
GT Member

Your car is so sweet! So many things you have done I would like to do as well. What kind of front bumper is that or is that a chin spolier? Where did you get the rear and front headlight blackout covers from? I was leaning towards the CDC ducktail but I really like how the street scene looks here. Thanks and great job.
Old 1/4/06, 03:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Awesome pics and post Dave See you in February at Waterford Lakes!
Old 1/4/06, 04:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Great-looking Mustang, Dave. I really like the hood and the rear-end with the taillight blackouts and ducktail. Sweet!
Old 1/4/06, 04:48 PM
Bullitt Member

AMAZING CAR and PICS.
I hope you dont mind but I did a quick photoshop of my favorite picture.
[attachmentid=42233]
Old 1/4/06, 05:25 PM
GT Member

You certainly have a SWEET ride there. NOt much else I can say except all of your mods are extremely tastefully done. Keep on enjoying your gorgeous car.
Old 1/4/06, 05:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by 68PonyFever@January 4, 2006, 6:51 PM
AMAZING CAR and PICS.
I hope you dont mind but I did a quick photoshop of my favorite picture.
[attachmentid=42233]
Thats awsome!
Old 1/4/06, 06:08 PM

Awesome post Dave. Lovin that spoiler .
I think we can all understand the fever ..mod fever that is
like in the SNL skit with Christopher Walkin
I have fever and the only cure is more cowbell
only in our case its more mods...LOL

Quick Reply: Reflecting - 1 full year into ownership of DK II