Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

08 CS in Missouri City, TX

Old 1/11/09, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 CS in Missouri City, TX

Hello all!

My name is Duane Parks and I live in Missouri City, TX. I love vehicles with character and soul, and have owned many. This is my second Mustang, my first being a 4 cylinder '89 LX convertible. I bought it in the spring of '91 and drove it for 3 years until I had to get something more kid-friendly.

This time around I went with the CS. Found her on a Ford lot on my way home about 6 weeks ago and took her for a test drive. 4 weeks later I went by the same dealership and the car was still there, so I took it for another drive. 1 week later I went back and bought it...that was December 30.

So, this weekend the wife and I took the car for its first trip with us. We struck out originally for Brenham but ended up in Marble Falls, Kingsland, visiting Buchanan Dam, and points in between.

Here is the car in Highland Haven with Lake LBJ in the background:

Pics are from my cell phone as our regular camera's battery was DOA when we headed out.

I look forward to learning from and with everyone!

Rowdyram aka Duane
Old 1/11/09, 05:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool "Nice Vert"

"RR": Nice looking Vert! Good color choice too! Welcome aboard the TMS Express! Your going to love this ride! Enjoy Bro!!!
What cell phone are you using that puts out a sharp picture that nice? Excuse me while I throw mine in the trash now.. CalStang
Old 1/11/09, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by CalStang'07
Enjoy Bro!!!
What cell phone are you using that puts out a sharp picture that nice? Excuse me while I throw mine in the trash now.. CalStang
Thank ya! This CS absolutely rocks. There are a few things I wish it had, but I can add them later.

The phone is a Sony Ericsson W580. Pointed it at the car and pushed the button. Honestly I didn't expect them to turn out so well.
Old 1/11/09, 11:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Hola! I gotta friend/client down there, maybe I'll see ya runnin' around down there.
Old 1/11/09, 11:38 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Welcome to TMS! Stang looks awesome!
Old 1/12/09, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by houtex
Hola! I gotta friend/client down there, maybe I'll see ya runnin' around down there.
Cool! Like you, I went the "unpopular" route with a 5 speed. I've had two other manual vehicles and never once had a problem in traffic in Houston or other cities. I prefer the "bond" between car and driver that a manual transmission helps provide.

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Welcome to TMS! Stang looks awesome!
Thanks BN! I've already started modding her...I put the 6" stubby antenna I had on my previous truck on it, and as soon as I get around to it I'm ordering the lower grille insert from SHR. The fins "down there" are starting to look a bit rough with only 10K on the odo. Small additions, to be sure...more will come in the next year or so.