Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Your Occupation

Search this Thread

Old 1/29/06, 12:04 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kluski, scottie1113, mr-mstng,
yet again it seems we live in a small, small workl.
Old 1/29/06, 09:39 PM

service mngr at a honda dealership :bang:
Old 2/1/06, 05:22 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Here's a question:
how many of you are doing what you were trained or went to school for?

I am not.

I went to college and training to be an orthodontic assistant. I haven't stepped foot in an ortho office since 1995. I did that for 6 years. Wish I was still doing it now that my kids need braces.

Then I did nothing for 4 years..
Now: I do Accounts Receivables and set up customer accounts for a telecom company. Nepotism- I got the job because my hubby is one of the bosses.
Old 2/1/06, 10:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I went to shcool for civil and environmental engineering. I ended up as an engineer for construction, then changed to a Project Manager. So it is close. But recently I became a PM for a flight simulation company. So I have learned Civil eng in school, Mech engineering in the filed, and electrical and computer engineering in the field.
Old 2/1/06, 10:52 AM
GTR Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Retired Coart Guard Officer (INTEL/LE), before that a policer officer.

Now I'm a stay-at-home Dad, who makes a little extra money drawin' "preddy" pictures.

I've got a B.S in Industrial Security (crazy major, most of the instructors were former CIA/DOD intel) with
a minor in Fire Science. (Learned cool ways to burn things.)
Grad hours in Crim Just, but never finished the masters program, got hired as a police officer first.
Old 2/1/06, 11:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 126 Likes on 91 Posts
Went to school for music. Made a (small) living for a few years, but realized how shaky it would be for a lifetime career. Did a stint in radio for about five years, then moved over to TV. Been here ever since.

Still play, though. Sax and keyboards. The forum name references my sax, the Selmer Paris MkVI.
Old 2/3/06, 09:53 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Engineer for a semiconductor company in the Phoenix area.
Old 2/3/06, 11:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Retired United States Air Force Master Sergeant. Now I just hang around the house fixing things, cleaning my GT, reading the forums, pampering my GT... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
Old 2/3/06, 08:09 PM
FR500 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blip @ February 1, 2006, 11:55 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Now I'm a stay-at-home Dad, who makes a little extra money drawin' "preddy" pictures.

[/b][/quote]

I can attest to the quality of work you do in your second job. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

As far as me, I'm an Architect for a small firm that specializes in high-end residential. High-end in our case means nothing under three million dollars. We have even had a couple of pretty famous clients. I went to school for it, obviously... and love my job. I get to work in a turn-of-the-century three story mansion on an acre of land with huge oak trees. That definitely makes it a lot easier to go to work in the morning.
Old 2/3/06, 09:37 PM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

I went to school, trade school for auto mechanics, first time. Then went back for emt level1, then went to law Enforcement academy, Jeff state & Uof A Recnetly been to ATI and Honda training.
Have been a civil service employee - !975 - 1988 ( fleet mechanic, sheriffs deputy, fleet manager for sheriffs dept.) Left to take a job at honda Repair center, went from tech to service manager to part owner.
Now work part time (retired) as a salesman for Redline Oil distributor.

Have a seceret of sucess. Start to work at a young age, do something you like, don't worry about 401k, IRA's, etc. I closed mine and starting investing in objects I could see, feel and touch. CARS. Buy and sell, it's more fun than the stock market, and makes more money faster. I seem to think so.
Old 2/4/06, 07:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
22 years with Ford as service advisor, shop foreman, asst. service manager and service manager. Now assistant service manager at A Greater Cleveland Ford Dealer.
Old 2/4/06, 12:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Going to school for Civil Engineering (want to design & build rollercoasters)... Working at a movie theatre as a crew lead. Both full time, yet I'm still bored most of the time. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 2/4/06, 06:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EleanorsMine @ February 1, 2006, 7:25 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Here's a question:
how many of you are doing what you were trained or went to school for?

I am not.

I went to college and training to be an orthodontic assistant. I haven't stepped foot in an ortho office since 1995. I did that for 6 years. Wish I was still doing it now that my kids need braces.

Then I did nothing for 4 years..
Now: I do Accounts Receivables and set up customer accounts for a telecom company. Nepotism- I got the job because my hubby is one of the bosses.
[/b][/quote]

Well I have a degree in International Relations with a minor in Spanish and German. I work for the Air Force as an Intelligence officer. I actually did the degree to get to the job I always wanted. I love my job and they will probably have to kick me out, at this rate, unless my CINCHOUSE tells me I have to get out.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 2/5/06, 03:20 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm a Radio Operator for LeSEA Brodcasting, operating 5 shortwave stations around the world as well as our two (2) local FM sations, PulseFM and HarvestFM. Check us out in South Bend, Indiana. GO Irish! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

www.lesea.com
www.pulsefm.com
Old 2/6/06, 07:05 PM
GT Member

I also work in the dwindling manufacturing sector [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img] I am a Production Engineer; I design/develop tooling/equipment and process such as, Jigs/Fixtures including manufacturing equipment/machinery for manufacturing.
Old 2/6/06, 09:51 PM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I also have a International Relations Degree. Don't need one to do my job, but it makes me sound smarter when I advising Mr. Rumsfeld, and Ms Rice.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 2/6/06, 10:13 PM
GT Member

salesman puente hills ford i`ll get you a good deal no markup close to in voice call me at 1-800705-2216 city of industry calif ask for dennis no one else.
Old 2/10/06, 12:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Got my degree in Telecommunications a long time ago, and went to work installing PBX's 3 days after graduating. Nearly 3 years later, took a desk job for the old WilTel in St. Louis. Been behind a desk ever since. Now, nearly 20 years after I graduated college, I'm back out in the field installing CPE equipment for our VoIP product. Do I like it? It's a paycheck - nothing more.
Old 2/10/06, 08:35 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
If you ever need a job.................

I work with a buncha jack [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/censored.gif[/img] es and a couple of chimpanzees.
Old 2/11/06, 09:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I sell Real Estate [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Your Occupation