Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Where did everyone go?

Search this Thread

Old 6/22/05, 12:37 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@June 22, 2005, 8:25 AM
Nothing much to talk about......
No new adventures or mods to speak of.....

I posted alot prior to getting my 2005 Mustang in November of 2004. I am busy enjoying my car.
Old 6/22/05, 09:46 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Altoid@June 22, 2005, 10:38 AM
Combination of a lot of work lately, and not much going on in the community.

Half the posts are just reposts, or people who to lazy to search, and most of the things are placed in the wrong sub forum.

Sorry for the rant, it is nice to know someone actually cares why we aren't around.

quit yer WHINING!!! Its seems like thats all you ever offer is "Search first"
hey some people are new to the forum world, so what if some are reposts and look at me posts! just because they are new to the site doesnt mean they are any less excited about their Stangs then you were when you got yours!!!

Its actually been kind of nice without you flaming newer members and making them feel unwanted!!!
Old 6/22/05, 10:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't post for a while but have watched the GT 500 section at work. Work and School have been killing me this year. Thank God it's summer break.

Anyway, a local dealer has a Torch Red GT on the lot tonight and it made me think I should just give up and buy one already.
Old 6/22/05, 11:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by Amy V6@June 22, 2005, 9:08 AM
That and job hunting.. which is coming up short. Anyone hiring?
Cedar Point is always hiring at least until the end of summer... Full time jobs are harder to come by though.
Old 6/23/05, 03:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Amy V6@June 22, 2005, 11:08 AM
I'm still around I feel out of place Haha I don't have a new Mustang to brag about :P

Just not too much to post about. I ordered an 06 LL GT vert last week.... but it was for my friend Sarah that got screwed by her dealership in DE.

Haven't really been out mule hunting either. I know there's a new one to hunt and no one has a pic of it yet, but I'm too lazy to wake up at the butt crack of dawn.. drive to where it's at and hopefully atleast get $25 for the pic haha

That and job hunting.. which is coming up short. Anyone hiring?
I was wondering as well where all you guys/gals were. Specially you Amy. I was/am looking forward to those mule pics of the '06.

I feel your pain about the job.

I had my GT for 2 weeks and a day and found out that our plant is shutting down.
I was dismissed immediately. 5 weeks and 300 reumes later I have had 2 interviews.
Old 6/23/05, 04:11 AM
Bullitt Member

It's just that now, we can drive the car and not just talk about it!
But I must say, This is still the main source!
Happy Trails !!!
Old 6/23/05, 07:52 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Amy-
Learn telephone systems and you have a job with us... We are always hiring.
PS- anyone know how to train on a symposium system?

I don't come up here much anymore cause I spent all my Mod money on house buying(fingers crossed) and jewelry. Eleanor is just kinda there nowadays, so I have nothing amusing to report about her.
Old 6/23/05, 08:08 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Enfynet@June 23, 2005, 1:30 AM

Cedar Point is always hiring at least until the end of summer... Full time jobs are harder to come by though.
Do they offer insurance benefits and it has to be full time to be worth it. Plus it would stink living in those dorm things for the workers with a bunch of kiddies :notnice: And I hate roller coasters :shock:

ponyboy66 -- Yea.. the job market really stinks right now. I've been considering going back to college and looks like I'll need to do that and learn some other trades. I've been filling out apps at different frameshops, retail stores, bars.. and just coming up with :notnice: I still work doing custom framing.. but the hours aren't very good. One week I work 10 hours, the next I could work 30.. can't really budget myself when it's like that.

And no more freebies for mule pics. They all go to my lead for Spy Pics... so I can possibly get paid for them.. woot. So far.. the ones I've sent have either been garbage.. or someone had already posted them online. Like that GT500 red vert.

Good luck on your interviews Something good is bound to happen.

April -- Telephone systems? Is that like dispatching? Hook a sista up haha I've just been sending my resume to everywhere.. might as well.. ha

And I kinda feel the same way as Altoid.. just the same stuff over and over again.
Old 6/23/05, 08:16 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

No Amy-
Its like these:
http://www.nortel.com/

http://www.natcomm.net/

Great fun! I love doing it on the rare occasion I get sent out. Plus we get comped Universal Studios Tickets cause they are one of our customers.
Old 6/23/05, 09:08 AM
Cobra Member

I've just been lurking around, mostly in the car care section (because I love cleaning my car). I, along with altoid and others, find all the normal topics to trite. There is nothing exciting like there used to be.