Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

The Vape Thread

Search this Thread

Old 7/17/15, 06:54 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 605 Likes on 436 Posts
Holy crap this thing hits like a freight train! @ 50 watts I can fog the whole dang office up with 3 pulls.
Old 7/17/15, 09:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Ordered the Sigelei 150 watt, 5 pack of Atlantis 2.0 coils in .3 ohm and 2 LG HE4 2500mAh 35A batteries. Got all of it for just over $90, couldn't pass it up at that price.

That was a really good price.

If you think that Atlantis hits like a beast you should see my Freemax Starre. Freaking insane how much vapor that thing puts out.

Unfortunately all of that vapor comes at a price. I can empty the 5ml tank in less than 2 hours.
Old 7/17/15, 10:52 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Moustang
That was a really good price.

If you think that Atlantis hits like a beast you should see my Freemax Starre. Freaking insane how much vapor that thing puts out.

Unfortunately all of that vapor comes at a price. I can empty the 5ml tank in less than 2 hours.
Yeah, they came down on the 150 in the last few weeks. There's a new 150 coming out that has TC, so I guess they're getting ready for it to come in. They had the Snow Wolf for $99, but wasn't sure about getting it. Figured I'd wait til it had been out a bit longer and see how it was holding up and if it had many problems. Is that a good price on it?

I bet. I'll probably start looking for another tank along those lines now that I have this. I like that one you got, and I like the Arctic too but the coils are pretty high for it. How much are coils for the one you got?

Yeah, I've noticed that already. Emptied my 2 ml pretty dang quick.
Old 7/18/15, 03:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

I've been able to get Starre coils for $15 for a 5 pack. The coils last a LONG time. I've had mine nearly a month and I'm still using the original coil that was in it.

According to Freemax their coils should last for 60-80 tank refills. At 5ml per tank that's 300-400ml of juice per coil. Pretty darned good IMO.

I paid $109 for my SnowWolf so yeah, I would say $99 is a good price. I've been loving mine so far. Works great in temperature control mode, so well that I've pretty much stopped using kanthal in everything.
Old 7/19/15, 08:49 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Man this stuff comes out so fast you can't keep up. Just saw that they already have an upgraded version of that Freemax tank you just bought John.

http://vapenw.com/sub-ohm-tank/starr...ank-by-freemax
Old 7/19/15, 10:47 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
I'm glad that these things work for you folks and you have been able to give up cigarettes, but I wish you had been able to do what I did.

I smoked a carton a week back in the days when you could still smoke in the office. I knew they were bad for me and had tried quitting, including using the gum. That stuff made me so high I felt I was at risk walking around in a potentially hazardous facility. One day I took out a cigarette in the office and before I lit up I thought this thing is going to taste like crap and they have all tasted like crap lately. I still had a few pack left at home and decided (being a good Scot) that I would smoke them all and if I still felt the same way that would be the end of it. I did smoke them all and did feel the same way and I just quit. I have no idea why it was so easy but I just walked away from them.

I wish you all the best and hope that some day you will be able to just walk away.
Old 8/1/15, 11:02 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Hey John, need some advice. Need a new mod. Sigelei 150 temp control, or Snow wolf 200? Same price, but I'm familiar with Sigelei quality and build. Any imput on your Snow Wolf?

http://vapenw.com/box-mod-20w/sigele...rature-control

http://vapenw.com/box-mod-20w/snowwo...rol-by-asmodus

Any opinion on this? I'm not sure about using the nickel coils.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 8/1/15 at 11:03 PM.
Old 8/2/15, 10:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

The SnowWolf is actually made by Laisimo, which is a division of Sigelei. It's pretty obvious when you compare their products and logos.

That said, right now I would probably recommend the Sigelei 150W TC over the SnowWolf for one reason only. The Sigelei supports both nickel and titanium wire. The SnowWolf only supports nickel wire.

The SnowWolf will work with titanium wire, but the temperature will be way off and you'll have to run the mod at a much lower temperature setting for titanium wire than you would for nickel wire. It requires doing some math to get it to work right where you can simply select the titanium mode on the Sigelei and set your temperature.

Also there are a couple of little quirks with the SnowWolf. First, if you leave it alone for 30 seconds it goes into Sleep Mode, and then if you leave it in Sleep Mode it Autolocks. That means that if you haven't used it for 30 minutes you have to press the fire button once to wake it up and then press the fire button 5 times in 3 seconds to unlock it before you can use it. Second, it does little battery tests while it's in Sleep Mode and that uses up some of the battery charge, so if you were to go to sleep with the batteries at half charge you may find them with only 1/3rd charge when you wake up and go to use it. And finally, if you're using kanthal coils and it's in Power Mode rather than Temperature Control mode, it goes through a resistance check before it fires when it has been in Sleep Mode long enough to Autolock. So, if you've got a kanthal coil and wake up in the morning, go through your routine to unlock the mod, when you go to take a puff you'll press the fire button and have to hold it down for 2-3 seconds before it starts firing. After that it will fire right away as long as you don't let it go to sleep long enough to Autolock.

There is a Special Edition SnowWolf that has changed these things. It has a newer firmware than the original version which is a big improvement. It doesn't have the Autolock feature so it doesn't have the hassle of unlocking it, it doesn't chew up the battery charge quite as fast, and it doesn't have the delay when firing a kanthal coil after being left unused for a while. The Special Edition SnowWolf costs about $20 more, but if I had it all to do over again I would have spent the extra $20 and got it rather than the regular one. Unfortunately, it wasn't available when I bought mine.

But other than that the build quality of the SnowWolf is actually a little better than the Sigelei. It's a difference you can feel, the SnowWolf is a HEAVY mod despite it's small size. (It's significantly smaller than the Sigelei) Stainless steel chassis and Gorilla Glass side panels are strong and durable, but heavy as well. The Sigelei uses cheaper and lighter pot metal and plastic in it's chassis. It's much lighter, but also more fragile and feels cheaper. They both use the same chip, but the firmware in the Sigelei is more advanced. The SnowWolf was sort of the prototype for the chip and only has the most basic functionality.

I love my SnowWolf. It's small and works great, but if I was going to buy one today I would definitely get the Special Edition version over the regular one. However, if you're at all interested in using titanium wire coils then I would definitely say you should get the Sigelei instead.

As for nickel coils, I really like them. I get a cleaner taste from them than I do kanthal. Temperature control takes some getting used to, finding the right temperature and wattage balance so you get good vapor and flavor without having the mod cutting power off, bit once you get past that learning curve and figure out what settings work best for you it works REALLY well.
Old 8/18/15, 07:31 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Looked at the Sigelei 150 and Snowwolf in person last week. Like them both, not sure what I want to do yet. The Snowwolf had white side panels, is that the updated one you were talking about?

I love the look of this thing, but not sure about that battery pack that is in it.

http://vapenw.com/box-mod-20w/vapeci...-evolv-dna-200
Old 8/27/15, 03:36 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Hey John, ordered a new tank. If you're looking for one, this is a pretty good deal, too good to pass up for me.

The new Aspire Triton. Looks great, has upper and lower adjustable air flow, has an optional RBA deck for $9, and you can use all the various Atlantis coils, Atlantis 2.0 coils, Triton coils, eleaf Ijust2 coils, or the coils for the new Tobeco Super Tank.

vapenw has it for $29.45

http://vapenw.com/sub-ohm-tank/aspir...n-sub-ohm-tank

And I used coupon code AspireTritonCoupon (just like that, no spaces) at checkout and got $10 off, so basically $20 for a killer subohm tank that reviewers seem to love. Its $45 at the brick and mortar near me.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 8/27/15 at 03:42 PM.
Old 8/29/15, 04:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

I haven't seen a SnowWolf with white side panels. Sounds like a clone to me. The updated one looks exactly like the original. The only thing that has changed was a firmware update which removed the auto-lock so you don't have to press the fire button 5 times to unlock it after it's gone into sleep mode and added the ability to manually set it in either Wattage or Temperature Control mode rather than the mod doing it automatically. With the original it would sometimes go into sleep mode and then automatically wake up in Temperature Control mode even if you had a kanthal coil. You would have to fire it for about 2-3 seconds before it would switch over to Watt Mode.

Not really important things, but they were minor annoyances that have been fixed with the updated ones.

And apparently I was wrong about the Sigelei. It doesn't have proper support for titanium coils either. However, the new IPV3 Li, IPV4S, and IPV D2 all do.

As for new tanks, I got the Starre Pro which has top fill, upper and lower airflow adjustment, and was designed for temperature control. I don't need a lot of coil choices, I just need one that works really **** well, and the .15 ohm nickel coil on the Starre Pro works fantastic.

Last edited by Moustang; 8/29/15 at 04:55 PM.
Old 8/29/15, 04:59 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I haven't seen a SnowWolf with white side panels. Sounds like a clone to me.
I've seen quite a few places selling it in either white or black now. Looked at both the other day at the local shop. I really like the white.

http://vapenw.com/box-mod-20w/snowwo...rol-by-asmodus
Old 8/30/15, 04:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Interesting. I haven't seen that yet. Of course, I haven't really been looking either since I already have one.

I really like mine. Much easier to use than many of the other TC mods I've seen.

Name:  20150721_103117.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  46.8 KB
Old 9/4/15, 10:42 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Just got my Triton tank. Absolutely love it. It hits amazingly hard and the adjust ability is wonderful. Also got some new batteries that are really good so far. LG-HG2, 3000MaH. So far they seem to hold out longer than the LG HE2 and LG HE4 I have.

Love the Triton tank though, awesome piece, especially considering it was only $20. Best tank I've tried so far. Running it with Tobeco .2 ohm coils and it hits like a beast with the bottom airflow wide open, the top 1/3 open and running the Sigelei 150 at 60 watts. Just a short hit will fog up the room.

Old 10/1/15, 02:33 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Hah! Had to post, but no harm intended!
Attached Thumbnails The Vape Thread-fb_img_1443731563607.jpg  
Old 10/1/15, 05:58 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Hey ********

Please don't bypass the language filter

Old 10/1/15, 06:00 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Hah!! Busted . . . F'it .
Old 11/26/15, 10:53 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Had my eye on a new mod, a compact pocket size temp control one with a large display, decided to get it because of the black friday sale. Of course when I went to order it, the color combo I wanted was out of stock.

So I said **** it, I had already committed to buying some stuff, ended up getting a Snow Wolf 200 in white instead, $69 couldn't pass it up. I'll get the other one when it comes back in stock. Which with my luck will probably be this weekend, since the sale ends Monday and I already orderd.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 11/26/15 at 10:55 PM.
Old 11/28/15, 04:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Nice. The SnowWolf is all I ever use anymore. It's been months since I've used any of my other mods.
Old 11/28/15, 10:56 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Nice. The SnowWolf is all I ever use anymore. It's been months since I've used any of my other mods.
If you can, check in here more often over the next couple weeks. I may need some help and have some questions about the temp control mods. This will be my first one. Got a Triton v2 tank and Aspire ni .15 coils as well.

Quick Reply: The Vape Thread