Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

The Vape Thread

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/15, 12:11 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
The Vape Thread

Does anyone here other than me vape? Any former smokers that have changed over to vaping? Just curious. What do you use? What mods do you have? Do you build your own coils? What e-liquid do you like? Anyone moved up to mechanical mods? Have you moved up to sub-ohm vaping? Any drippers?

And go....

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 3/1/15 at 12:13 AM.
Old 3/1/15, 01:15 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Not yet but dang you've been researching a lot about this it seems. I'm curious as to why modify your machine or even change a thing since it already seems to be doing the job? What does modifying these things improve? I really no nothing about the subject but will probably try it out soon. I just don't see what improvements would be necessary if you enjoy the taste and nicotine level.
Old 3/1/15, 01:43 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Not yet but dang you've been researching a lot about this it seems. I'm curious as to why modify your machine or even change a thing since it already seems to be doing the job? What does modifying these things improve? I really no nothing about the subject but will probably try it out soon. I just don't see what improvements would be necessary if you enjoy the taste and nicotine level.
I don't know that much about it, but I'm learning more stuff everyday. Hell, I've learned more about Ohms law and wattage in the last couple of weeks than I ever learned in school.

Why modify, well the more you look into it the more you will understand. Although, I assume you don't know the terminology yet, I didn't either. "Mod" doesn't really mean modify like we think of it in car terms. Mod is the term used for the devices that are the power source. Basically the battery unit, whether it has batteries that you take out and replace like the 18650 batts that go in my high power LED flash lights or ones that have batts built in like a cell phone. The main unit, the power source, is referred to as a "Mod". Like "Box Mod" is just basically a box shaped device that is the power source for clearomizers and tanks that screw onto them.

But its hard to explain this early on but I'm hooked. I want more "mods" more powerful "mods" and tanks that go to lower ohms (what you will see people refer to as sub-ohming) the lower ohms you go on the coils in the tanks, the higher wattage you can use, and the higher wattage you use the lower amount of nicotine juice you can use and the bigger clouds of smoke you can blow out.

At least that is what I know so far, lol. I'm learning a lot and reading a lot. But let me tell you, you can spend a **** load of money on various equipment the farther you go along. I'm just now finding that out. Hell, when you get up into the mechanical mods and tanks, you can easily spend 5-6 hundred dollars on a single unit, and you always want more units so you have one for each flavor of juice that you like.
Old 3/1/15, 01:48 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Why modify your car if it does what its supposed to do? Why bother adding parts to make it faster? Why add parts to make it more fun? Why not just buy a car and drive it? Same questions go for stuff and ecig supplies, why step up to better stuff, faster stuff, more powerful stuff? Why? Just because. You'll understand when you start vaping. It only took me about 2 weeks and I was hooked on it, new stuff, new mods, better equipment, etc. It turns into a hobby that you have to have more of, just like adding to a car.
Old 3/1/15, 01:59 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

You actually get to where you want less nicotine and more flavor from the various juices you get. It actually gets to the point to where the nicotine is second nature, you just like the vaping experience. The place where I've been getting juices has it from 24 mg per Ml. all the way down to 0 mg (no nicotine at all) and it doesn't take long to get down. The more nicotine the juice has, the less flavor it has, the nicotine affects the flavor and it also affects how big of a hit you can take off of it. The less nicotine it has, the better the flavor, the less nic it has the bigger hit you can take off of it. From what I've learned, the more nicotine it has, the harsher of a hit you get in the back of your throat (that burning senstation back there and in your mouth). I wanted the strongest I could get at first, which was 24 MG, but I quickly dropped down to 18MG and next time I get some I plan on getting 12 MG, as well as 6MG to use in the Sub Ohm tank and unit I'm going to buy next.
Old 3/1/15, 04:51 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm curious as to why modify your machine or even change a thing since it already seems to be doing the job?
Wow. You actually asked this question on a Mustang forum??

Old 3/2/15, 11:27 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Really strange getting up today for the first time and not going out for a cig. Even though I have only been smoking 1 a day for a couple weeks and had enjoyed it less and less, breaking that routine was hard for me.

Instead I got out some 24mg tobacco flavored juice that has naturally extracted tobacco nicotine in it and vaped a bit of it. It really seemed to take the edge off of not going out for that one analog cig.

I think tomorrow I'll go outside and vape it when I get up, kind of recreate that routine of going out on the porch for a smoke when I get up.
Old 3/2/15, 12:00 PM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Was a pretty regular smoker for a while but stopped when I found out my girl was pregnant. Started baking that day never looked back. I actually like all the fruity flavors and go through a 20ml bottle every two weeks. I forget the model I have but smoke comes out heavy (perfect for smoke tricks) and I really like it.
Old 3/4/15, 08:44 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Name:  uaxPAX2.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  58.2 KB
Old 3/5/15, 05:07 AM
Post *****

Old 3/5/15, 05:35 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Vape . . .Pfff . . .

Now this dude . . . having a Camel, racing a 935, in a series sponsored by said Camel . . . . a BROWN 935!!

Old 3/5/15, 10:30 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Old 3/5/15, 11:10 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Holy crap! Hope I don't get the bug this bad!

Ok, I'm now 8 months in and still in too deep and getting in even deeper thanks to vape mail... BUT I'm loving it!!

No telling how much was spent on all of that, and in only 8 months of vaping.
Old 3/6/15, 03:14 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got nothing against vaping, but I thought this was pretty good...

http://www.douche.com/people-who-vap...ng-douchebags/
Old 3/6/15, 06:22 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Bring a girl along... Then it's "date vape."
Old 3/6/15, 06:26 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Holy crap! Hope I don't get the bug this bad!

No telling how much was spent on all of that, and in only 8 months of vaping.
The pipe looks cool. But where's the corn cob pipe?
Old 3/6/15, 07:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts
Isn't the whole idea of quitting smoking to stop consuming nicotine? If vaping is nicotine then
Don't get me wrong, Lee is doing great cutting down as much as he has.

Last edited by GrnT; 3/6/15 at 07:24 PM.
Old 3/6/15, 07:39 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by GrnT
Isn't the whole idea of quitting smoking to stop consuming nicotine? If vaping is nicotine then
For some I think its about stopping putting tar smoke into their lungs. But they still want to do legal drugs. Like coffee and nicotine and 'medicine' in certain States.
Old 3/6/15, 10:51 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by GrnT
Nicotine isn't a carcinogen, it doesn't kill you, it doesn't cause cancer. It might not be good for you but it doesn't compare to the destruction that the chemicals in cigarettes cause. Cigs have 4000 chemicals in them that have been shown to cause cancer. Vape juice has at most 4 ingredients in it, and all of them are approved by the FDA. The ingredients are used in just about every product you use, from cookies, to sodas, to toothpaste, to asthma medicines. You are not burning anything, its just vapor from heating liquid.

I'm not a scientist or a doctor, but I can tell you that after a few weeks I already feel much better without smoking. I can taste food better, I can smell things better, I feel better, I sleep better, and I can damned sure breathe better.

I breathe better than I have in 20 years. I know that doesn't make the case that the tobacco companies and the nicotine pharmaceutical companies want to present. They want to sell more cigarettes and nicotine patches and gum and pills like chantix. And they have **** loads of money to spend on lobbyist that can change laws in congress.

I have tried the patches, the gum and every other thing on the market to quit smoking. I never wanted to quit smoking really, but when I started to hear people saying that they tried vaping and they immediately lost interest in smoking cigarettes I was intrigued. I never thought it would work for me, but somehow it did. I went from 30 cigs a day to 5 cigs a day within a week, and then to 1 cig a day (and only that because I had cigs left that I was too cheap to throw away) when they were gone I didn't smoke any cigs at all, and I didn't miss them.

The cig companies and the drug companies hate that, they want you to smoke cigs and use their patches and gum, on the way back to smoking. Sorry, I'm not smoking anymore. You can stick your cigs up your ****.

I figure that you will pay lobbyist a ****load of money to reverse these laws and crack down on vaping. Have at it, I'll give it all up. But I will spend whatever it takes to make sure your **** is never elected to any office again. Have fun with that, dickstick.
Old 3/6/15, 11:20 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Went out on a limb and ordered some stuff online for the first time. Local store didn't have it(which is where I'd like to buy stuff, even if it cost more), most online stores didn't have it, all of them cited Chinese New Year as the reason, along with the dock worker strike on the West Coast as the reason they were short on inventory.

I found a place that showed what I wanted in stock. However, after I placed my order the things I ordered popped up as "out of stock". But my order showed as shipped.

Hope it worked out and I just happened to get the last ones, lol. Probably not, I figure I'll get ****ed because everyone in the vape community wants these items. They come out with new stuff every week, so you want more and better stuff. You can literally buy the top of the line MOD and 5 days later they come out with a better, more powerful one, lol.

I really need to open a Vape store and start selling this ****. Its amazing.

Quick Reply: The Vape Thread