Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mikeship911

Bash
That's truth too, sorry if truth hurts bro
Old 5/7/13, 08:48 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

It's 98% weightless worthless junk. Why else do you think the USPS will be no more within the next 10 years? Email and online bill pay is your destroyer...sorry man the USPS doesn't have much time left. Come over to UPS
Bash
Old 5/7/13, 08:49 PM
GT Member

Bash

That's truth
I wouldn't call it all junk mail. I'm pretty sure they give me my mail from my bank and stuff....though never really paid attention to what mail trucks come by my house but when I do I only ever see UPS. I need to start looking at who delivers my mail more closely. >_>
Old 5/7/13, 08:54 PM
Banned

Bash
That's truth also. I haven't received anything of value from the USPS in years. I get coupons and furniture mailers. My bank accounts are green as well as all my bills. Sorry man
Old 5/7/13, 08:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lexi2013

I wouldn't call it all junk mail. I'm pretty sure they give me my mail from my bank and stuff....though never really paid attention to what mail trucks come by my house but when I do I only ever see UPS. I need to start looking at who delivers my mail more closely. >_>
Why haven't you gone green yet? Online bank statements...get on that!!
Old 5/7/13, 10:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Troll is trolling, methinks.

Still...

I don't care how it gets here. I kinda care how long it takes, but if it was important enough, that stuff gets upped to 2day or overnight, and insurance if I feel it would need it, but excepting those particular things, not caring. Ditto for when I send it. I'll just pick the cheapest, and pack the hell out of it if it needs it, and send it. Trackable if possible. I'll ship it however you want me to, I ain't picky. If you make me take it out of my pay, though, USPS wins hands down. See it in a week, dude.

Overall, I can say this with certainty:
UPS has lost stuff. UPS has manged stuff.
FedEx has lost stuff. FedEx has mangled stuff.
USPS has lost stuff. USPS has mangled stuff.

So it doesn't matter. Except when it's time to pay the insurance for when the shipping company screws up. Unless the shipper didn't pack it right. Then it might matter, because none of them will wanna pay out anyway.

And you can be guaranteed if I order something, and I see they didn't ship it with decent packing, that seller will get the most negative review I can give. Even if it survived the trip. I will warn people off of them because even if I get it and it's ok, it could have been damaged by their bad packing skills.

It's all about proper packing and labeling. If you can't be bothered to do those right, you have NO business doing business and shipping anything anywhere. After that... it's the shipping company, and they pretty much understand damaging things means less business, so they don't.

Typically. Humans still work there.

And that's all I got to say about that. Funtimes. Was I even coherent? I can't tell...
Old 5/7/13, 10:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by houtex
Troll is trolling, methinks.

Still...

I don't care how it gets here. I kinda care how long it takes, but if it was important enough, that stuff gets upped to 2day or overnight, and insurance if I feel it would need it, but excepting those particular things, not caring. Ditto for when I send it. I'll just pick the cheapest, and pack the hell out of it if it needs it, and send it. Trackable if possible. I'll ship it however you want me to, I ain't picky. If you make me take it out of my pay, though, USPS wins hands down. See it in a week, dude.

Overall, I can say this with certainty:
UPS has lost stuff. UPS has manged stuff.
FedEx has lost stuff. FedEx has mangled stuff.
USPS has lost stuff. USPS has mangled stuff.

So it doesn't matter. Except when it's time to pay the insurance for when the shipping company screws up. Unless the shipper didn't pack it right. Then it might matter, because none of them will wanna pay out anyway.

And you can be guaranteed if I order something, and I see they didn't ship it with decent packing, that seller will get the most negative review I can give. Even if it survived the trip. I will warn people off of them because even if I get it and it's ok, it could have been damaged by their bad packing skills.

It's all about proper packing and labeling. If you can't be bothered to do those right, you have NO business doing business and shipping anything anywhere. After that... it's the shipping company, and they pretty much understand damaging things means less business, so they don't.

Typically. Humans still work there.

And that's all I got to say about that. Funtimes. Was I even coherent? I can't tell...
At least UPS didn't mangle stuff like FedEx and USPS, I guess we just manged stuff.
Old 5/8/13, 12:14 AM
Post *****

Dude, it's a .32 cent letter...come on man, really?
You moronski - they smoke you in stops and you know it.
Old 5/8/13, 12:17 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cdynaco

You moronski - they smoke you in stops and you know it.
No, they don't...they walk up 5 streets and deliver trash can fodder. Their whole work day consists of delivering 20/30lbs of mail, I do that in one stop.

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 5/8/13 at 12:19 AM.
Old 5/8/13, 12:18 AM
Post *****

No, Ups has a Saturday only service. Only reds get delivered on Saturday
If you pay a fortune.

UPS and FedEx have their place. But so does USPS. Without USPS the Country would fall apart and be left at the hands of cut-throat mercinaries.

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/10/13 at 04:28 PM.
Old 5/8/13, 12:20 AM
Banned

If you pay a fortune.

UPS and FedEx have their place. But so does USPS. Without USPS the Country would fall apart and be left at the hands of cut-throat mercinaries.
Get ready for it, it's coming.
Old 5/8/13, 12:20 AM
Post *****

No, they don't...they walk up 5 streets and deliver trash can fodder.
Stops matter. Every stop eats time regardless of the amount of pieces at each stop. Regardless, they make each house to house stop since virtually everyone receives mail.

You claim you're a route guy but then you mutter stupidity.
Old 5/8/13, 12:21 AM
Post *****

Get ready for it, it's coming.
Nope. You've already seen Congressional action over closing rural post offices and Saturday delivery.
If UPS had to 100% prefund their pensions UPS stock would crater. Sooner or later Congress will ease the funding rule for USPS to allow more time like other unions.
The public wants its Constitutional mail service.

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/8/13 at 12:24 AM.
Old 5/8/13, 12:23 AM
Banned

Stops matter. Every stop eats time regardless of the amount of pieces at each stop. Regardless, they make each house to house stop since virtually everyone receives mail.

You claim you're a route guy but then you mutter stupidity.
A mailman's deliveries don't compare to Ups deliveries. I literally see 25+ mailmen on my route. The only thing a mailman delivers to my house is LANDFILL and I've asked them to stop, but they won't.

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 5/8/13 at 12:34 AM.
Old 5/8/13, 12:41 AM
Post *****

A mailman's deliveries don't compare to Ups deliveries. I literally see 25+ mailmen on my route.
Right douchewad. Because they have to stop at virtually every house like I previously stated. You don't.

You always turn stupid with this discussion.
Old 5/8/13, 01:07 AM
Banned

Right douchewad. Because they have to stop at virtually every house like I previously stated. You don't.

You always turn stupid with this discussion.
It's laughable, just like you. Mailboxes on the curb and they don't even get out of the truck. Even when they have walking streets it's laughable. Looks real rough.

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 5/8/13 at 01:14 AM.
Old 5/8/13, 01:57 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Yeah but 1 mailman doesn't cover much ground. Be glad you're getting the packages otherwise USPS would have gone under by now.
UPS only covers more ground because they don't stop at EVERY house on their route.

Please Ups guys are not asking you about misaddressed packages hahahahaha all mailman chatter up every person that's outside. Mailmen have plenty of time to talk, I think they need more work.
They have plenty of work. They even deliver uPS packages here.

Why join a conversation just to imply someone is a liar? I get paid 7 hours a day and I've worked 17 already this week. That's 3 free I've given the PO.
Because he's the unofficial TMS troll. It's hard to find a thread where he hasn't had useless stuff to say.

I've worked for UPS for 23 years and I've never known a driver to ask about a misaddressed package. What was the question? I'd love to hear it.
That's because a misaddressed package gets held back and UPS sends out a postcard via USPS to let the customer know.

Ups and FedEx deliver on Saturdays
But it costs extra. No extra charge for USPS

Ups delivers 15 million pieces a day. We have a lot more ground to cover. There's 30+ mailmen that deliver in MY area alone. Efficiently is not the answer, you guys are just cheaper labor. Ups would pay us more to deliver than you guys.
Again, USPS stops at EVERY house. You skip many.

You're just saying that to raise my blood pressure.

A mailman's deliveries don't compare to Ups deliveries. I literally see 25+ mailmen on my route. The only thing a mailman delivers to my house is LANDFILL and I've asked them to stop, but they won't.
Again, you deliver to 1 in 25 houses. A mailman stops at every house so more are needed to cover the area.

It's laughable, just like you. Mailboxes on the curb and they don't even get out of the truck. Even when they have walking streets it's laughable. Looks real rough.
At least they walk the street. Never saw a UPS driver do that. The only reason you have to get out of the truck is because mailboxes are regulated and you're not allowed to put something in it.
Old 5/8/13, 03:26 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Wow. I only posted the stuff about FedEx to get under Joe's skin. Didn't know it would go this far...
Old 5/8/13, 05:00 AM
GT Member

Why haven't you gone green yet? Online bank statements...get on that!!
Love online banking but my bank still sends me out of date information by mail. I pay everything I need to then they send a old bank statement. Kinda funny in a way.
Old 5/8/13, 09:35 AM
GT Member

Just checked the USPS site and the package didnt even move yet. UPS would have done the job better.

Quick Reply: USPS