Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Toyota won't help U.S. rivals

Search this Thread

Old 4/28/05, 03:43 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
And I am just as guilty as the next person and I apologize.
it takes guts to say that
Old 4/28/05, 07:49 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Fordracing200+April 28, 2005, 3:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fordracing200 @ April 28, 2005, 3:43 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Red Star@April 28, 2005, 3:41 PM
Doug,
Yeah, you know a lot about cars ... Please, you didn't even know the difference between regular Hatchback II, Cobra II and King Cobra.
For the part where you said that Ford and Dodge are reliable cars ... Yeah, Ford Mustang Cobra and Dodge Viper, yeah, they are reliable cars. What about Focus and Neon? Are they reliable too? I have both Ford and Dodge (and Toyota). Mustang have only 28,000 miles, so its too soon for a Mustang to have problems (although I did had problem with theft system and few minor problems). Intrepid is a piece of junk. Its almost paid off, so after the summer Intrepid is going on sale. Me and my dad want SUV or Truck. I wanna Navigator, but I'm not sure if I should get one (heard bad stories about 1st generation), my dad wanna Silverado and we'll probably go with Silverado.
dont bash me, i made a mistake about the IIs, i dont no much about the IIs because not much is published about them and they arent very popular. The navigator is a very good high qaulity vehicle to buy, i have heard many bad stories about GMs cold idle banging problems with their motors. Ford is very reliable, I havent ever heard of neon problems, my uncle NEVER had aproblem with 4 or 5 status's out of the 6 or so he owned, and this is with milage in the high triple digits. Now, the bashing was immature, lets get back to topic asnd if u dont like me or have something to say, pm me about it.
[/b][/quote]

THis is Mustang site and you don't know how to recognize 2 cars that are very different. And then you said that you know a lot about cars, but you don't even know the history of Mustang (that's a least what you should know). I've only been in the USA for 6 years. Before I moved here I never even saw any American Ford in person. Now I know most of domestic cars that were builded after World War II.
By the way, 1999 Lincoln Navigator (the one I wanna buy) got 2/5 rating for Mechanical Reliability, 2/5 rating Body & Interior Reliability and 2/5 rating Feature & Accessory Reliability. That is really bad rating for a $45,000 SUV.
Click Here
Silverado got better rating and brand new Silverado 1500 back in 1999 costed twice less than brand new Navigator.
Old 4/28/05, 09:56 PM
Bullitt Member

I honestly don't know how you can bash Neons and Intrepids and label all Dodge's junk. As far as I'm concerned, Neons and Intrepids are junk.... because they are rebagged Mittsubishis. Engines, transmissions, the whole freakin car. Neon's just a Lancer in disguise and the Intrepid is a Galant in hiding. The newer Dodge trucks aren't too bad I hear and neither are the LX cars.
Old 4/28/05, 10:31 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by StevenJ@April 28, 2005, 9:59 PM
I honestly don't know how you can bash Neons and Intrepids and label all Dodge's junk. As far as I'm concerned, Neons and Intrepids are junk.... because they are rebagged Mittsubishis. Engines, transmissions, the whole freakin car. Neon's just a Lancer in disguise and the Intrepid is a Galant in hiding. The newer Dodge trucks aren't too bad I hear and neither are the LX cars.
In 1997, Intrepid had 2 engine choices - 2.7L V6 and 3.5L V6. Galant, on the other side, only had 1 engine and that was 2.4L I4. Diamante had same size engine like Intrepid (3.5L), but horsepower number was not same (Diamante 210 hp, Intrepid 214 hp)
Old 4/29/05, 07:01 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by future9er24@April 28, 2005, 5:46 PM
And I am just as guilty as the next person and I apologize.
it takes guts to say that

Thanks Arin. I appreciate that

Really I just realized what I had started and I feel bad about it. We're all part of a site dealing with the car the we all agree on and love and I started bashing people for their opinions on other things and that is wrong. At the risk of sounding like a dork I think we need to just see past our differences and talk about the cars and not the individual for their views. I don't like toyota and thats just my opinion, but I am not going to think of anyone less because theirs differs from mine.

See you guys around!
Old 4/29/05, 01:08 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by Red Star+April 28, 2005, 8:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Red Star @ April 28, 2005, 8:52 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Fordracing200@April 28, 2005, 3:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Red Star
@April 28, 2005, 3:41 PM
Doug,
Yeah, you know a lot about cars ... Please, you didn't even know the difference between regular Hatchback II, Cobra II and King Cobra.
For the part where you said that Ford and Dodge are reliable cars ... Yeah, Ford Mustang Cobra and Dodge Viper, yeah, they are reliable cars. What about Focus and Neon? Are they reliable too? I have both Ford and Dodge (and Toyota). Mustang have only 28,000 miles, so its too soon for a Mustang to have problems (although I did had problem with theft system and few minor problems). Intrepid is a piece of junk. Its almost paid off, so after the summer Intrepid is going on sale. Me and my dad want SUV or Truck. I wanna Navigator, but I'm not sure if I should get one (heard bad stories about 1st generation), my dad wanna Silverado and we'll probably go with Silverado.

dont bash me, i made a mistake about the IIs, i dont no much about the IIs because not much is published about them and they arent very popular. The navigator is a very good high qaulity vehicle to buy, i have heard many bad stories about GMs cold idle banging problems with their motors. Ford is very reliable, I havent ever heard of neon problems, my uncle NEVER had aproblem with 4 or 5 status's out of the 6 or so he owned, and this is with milage in the high triple digits. Now, the bashing was immature, lets get back to topic asnd if u dont like me or have something to say, pm me about it.
THis is Mustang site and you don't know how to recognize 2 cars that are very different. And then you said that you know a lot about cars, but you don't even know the history of Mustang (that's a least what you should know). I've only been in the USA for 6 years. Before I moved here I never even saw any American Ford in person. Now I know most of domestic cars that were builded after World War II.
By the way, 1999 Lincoln Navigator (the one I wanna buy) got 2/5 rating for Mechanical Reliability, 2/5 rating Body & Interior Reliability and 2/5 rating Feature & Accessory Reliability. That is really bad rating for a $45,000 SUV.
Click Here
Silverado got better rating and brand new Silverado 1500 back in 1999 costed twice less than brand new Navigator.
[/b][/quote]

I DO know how to recognize cars, ask me about blowers, turbos, mod motors, i can answer a ton on 86-present cars. i am sick of u dragging this out. if u hate me dont talk to me and that goes for everyone who doesnt like me or wont stop insulting me. AND 99-present GM trucks have a problem with knocking when cold. i have heard it from owners, enthusiasts and mechanics. Nvaigator motor is very strong, very close to 00 R motor.
Old 4/29/05, 01:34 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by Fordracing200+April 29, 2005, 1:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fordracing200 @ April 29, 2005, 1:11 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Red Star@April 28, 2005, 8:52 PM
Originally posted by Fordracing200@April 28, 2005, 3:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Red Star
@April 28, 2005, 3:41 PM
Doug,

Click Here
I DO know how to recognize cars, ask me about blowers, turbos, mod motors, i can answer a ton on 86-present cars. i am sick of u dragging this out. if u hate me dont talk to me and that goes for everyone who doesnt like me or wont stop insulting me. AND 99-present GM trucks have a problem with knocking when cold. i have heard it from owners, enthusiasts and mechanics. Nvaigator motor is very strong, very close to 00 R motor.
[/b][/quote]

I don't hate you, I have nothing against you. Me and Andy had nice discussion and then you showed up and started World War III. I left you a proof of how "good" Navigator is. Proof from J. D. Power Ratings. You, on the other hand, keep saying "I heard this" and "I heard that." Don't believe everything you hear. You keep telling me how Toyota stinks, again, from "I heard it." Well, hear something from me, owner of a 13-years-old Camry - THEY DON' stink.
Old 4/29/05, 01:41 PM
GTR Member

drive a new stratus and drive a new camry and u tell me the difference without being blind, i didnt come along and start anything i wanted my thoughts to be heard.
Old 4/29/05, 01:42 PM
GTR Member

oh i am sorry, Toyota doesnt stink, My favorite car in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD IS THE Echo right next to the camry of course
Old 4/29/05, 02:53 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by Fordracing200@April 29, 2005, 1:44 PM
drive a new stratus and drive a new camry and u tell me the difference without being blind, i didnt come along and start anything i wanted my thoughts to be heard.
I don't need to drive Stratus, I have Intrepid which is a lot better car than Stratus. Yeah, I have no problem to admit that Intrepid is more fun to drive, its more powerfull, its more comfortable, its better looking. But Intrepid's engine is also junk, it have 88,000 miles and its ready for junk yard. Camry, on the other hand, have 120,000 miles and we had 0 (ZERO) mechanical problems with it. It was even in accident last year ($5,000 damage) but it still runs a lot better than Intrepid.
Maybe new Stratus is more fun to drive than Camry, but in 5 years that Stratus will be for junk yard and Camry will still be running like brand new.
Since you believe everything you hear, hear something from me - TOYOTA RULE. Personal experience from Toyota owner.
But I guess you know more about Toyota because you heard it from other people. Me? I'm just Toyota owner, what do I know about that car. Its important what other people tell you, not what you know from personal experience.
Old 4/29/05, 03:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Fordracing200@April 29, 2005, 3:45 PM
oh i am sorry, Toyota doesnt stink, My favorite car in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD IS THE Echo right next to the camry of course
My friend has an echo. He nicknamed it the"pregnant roller skate"

Thats funny right there

He hates that car (not sure if he still has it or not). That thing was so cheap. Pieces of the interior kept popping off, we lost brake power on the road 3 times, (that was scary). The dealer installed a new master cylinder each time and they went kapput every three or four months. The worst thing was though that sometimes the car wouldn't shift out of second (it was an automatic) and we couldn't go anywhere faster than maybe 40 mph. He had some really bad luck with that car. The odd thing was that his dad then bought himself one and it had a lot of the same problems :scratch: Go figure huh?

I know the last time I was talking to him he was trying to sell it for a Ranger, but I haven't talked to him since.
Old 4/29/05, 09:31 PM
GTR Member

ha ha, lol, Theirs an example of toyot qaulity, and for you Red Star "toyota rule" u r mistaken, and i am sick of your rants that have poor backing.
Old 4/29/05, 09:52 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by Fordracing200@April 29, 2005, 9:34 PM
ha ha, lol, Theirs an example of toyot qaulity, and for you Red Star "toyota rule" u r mistaken, and i am sick of your rants that have poor backing.
I have poor backing? I OWN TOYOTA. What better proof would you like kid? I would like to hear your proofs other than I HEARD THIS I HEARD THAT.
Old 4/29/05, 10:01 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Doug!
Please, just SHUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Learn from your experience at the LS1 forum and dont get kicked out of this one
Old 4/29/05, 10:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by thezeppelin8@April 29, 2005, 11:04 PM
Doug!

oooh i smelll a story here...?
Old 4/29/05, 10:11 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by pilot1129+April 29, 2005, 9:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pilot1129 @ April 29, 2005, 9:10 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-thezeppelin8@April 29, 2005, 11:04 PM
Doug!

oooh i smelll a story here...?
[/b][/quote]

actually i dont know about it that much, but by reading his signature i figure he said something pretty stupid and baseless to get kicked out of a board with one post.
Old 4/30/05, 09:47 AM
GTR Member

its a long and interesting story, u wanna hear it?
Old 4/30/05, 09:48 AM
GTR Member

Originally posted by Red Star+April 29, 2005, 10:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Red Star @ April 29, 2005, 10:55 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Fordracing200@April 29, 2005, 9:34 PM
I have poor backing? I OWN TOYOTA. What better proof would you like kid? I would like to hear your proofs other than I HEARD THIS I HEARD THAT.
[/b][/quote]
show me where toyota beats the mustang like u said. and the fact u own a toyota, thats your problem
Old 4/30/05, 10:03 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by Fordracing200+April 30, 2005, 9:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fordracing200 @ April 30, 2005, 9:51 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Red Star@April 29, 2005, 10:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Fordracing200
@April 29, 2005, 9:34 PM

show me where toyota beats the mustang like u said. and the fact u own a toyota, thats your problem
[/b][/quote]

Kid, you're dumb. That's all I can say about you.
Most reliable small car is Toyota Corrola. Most reliable sedan is Lexus IS300. Show me the proof that Toyota stinks (other than I heard this I heard that).
Old 4/30/05, 10:36 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Let these stats speak for themselves and lets drop this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/08/pf/autos/c...to_reliability/
Small cars
These models earned ratings Most and Least reliable in Consumer Reports' 2004 reliability survey.
Most reliable
Toyota Corolla
Scion xB
Honda Civic
Mazda3
Subaru Impreza
Toyota Echo
Mitsubishi Lancer (except Evo)

Least reliable
Volkswagen Golf (turbo)
Volkswagen Jetta (turbo)
Volkswagen New Beetle

Sedans
These models earned ratings Most and Least reliable in Consumer Reports' 2004 reliability survey.

Most reliable
Lexus IS300
Acura RL (previous version)
Toyota Camry (4-cyl.)
Toyota Avalon
Lexus LS430
Lexus GS300/GS430
Buick Regal (discontinued)
Pontiac Grand Prix
Hyundai Sonata
Infiniti G35 (AWD)
BMW 5 Series