Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Toyota won't help U.S. rivals

Search this Thread

Old 4/27/05, 01:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Red Star+April 27, 2005, 4:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Red Star @ April 27, 2005, 4:00 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@April 27, 2005, 1:49 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Red Star
@April 27, 2005, 2:50 PM
And there is a reason Corrolla is 2nd best selling car in the world of all times (1st is VW Beetle). I'm gonna ask you again, when was the last time you heard that Toyota didn't make profit? Each year they are stronger and stronger. I even read a story few years ago that Toyota makes twice bigger profit than Ford and GM together (and those were times when GM and Ford weren't losing money, like they are doing it now). Weather we like it or not, Toyota have best quality cars in the world. They did more in the last 20 years than Ford did in the past 100 years. Which car do you think is better, Focus or Corrolla? Camry or Taurus? Truth ain't pretty, my friend.

Number One. You obviously aren't grasping what I'm saying. Toyota may make a profit but they are slipping! DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT? Or do you need me to do this in sign language too? My point is that they are becoming more unreliable and more unsafe year after year.

Number Two. And let me get this straight, you would rather buy a vehicle that isn't as safe simply because of the badge on the front? That choice is completely up to you, but I wouldn't!

Number Three. If many experts are saying (and don't even BS me that you're more of an expert than Consumer Reports because you're not) that Fords are safer why do you insist on the opposite And why are Toyota profits dropping, huh? And why has Subaru overtaken Toyota as the most reliable auto manufacturer (and this is also according to Consumer Reports yet again)?

You know what, why don't you just go and tell all the workers at CR that they are wrong and you're right and see what happens. I bet you get laughed at as you are right now by many people.

Just read GhostTX's response above. He speaks the truth. You are being blinded by what you have heard many years ago! I don't claim that Ford's reliability is above Subaru because it's not (hopefully it will be in the coming years), but it has certainly risen above Toyota.

Even look at my Laurie 35th Black GT's answer. She's an import fan and she still sees past what you cannot.

If there is a lesson to be learned from any of this it is to gather knowledge before placing an opinion. Also not all sources are correct either, the Tacoma was top rated until it failed the roll test miserably
Number 1: Even if Toyota's profit is slipping, TOYOTA STILL MAKES PROFIT, which is more than I can say about GM and Ford. Toyota is not losing money, they're still making profit.
Number 2: I wanna car that average person can afford and to have engine that can last for a long time. I don't care about name of the car.
Number 3: Even if Subaru does have better quality than Toyota, this isn't about Subaru vs Toyota. Do you really think Ford is more reliabe than Toyota? Do you really think Focus is more reliable than Corrolla or Taurus is more reliable than Camry? Why is Ford losing money if they build such reliable cars?
[/b][/quote]

Yes I really do think Ford is more reliable. I have never had one problem with any of them and I have owned 4 already. If you're that into the foreign cars, sell your Stang to someone who will appreciate it and get off the site! It seems that ignorance is bliss for you, which I cannot control.
Old 4/27/05, 02:05 PM
I'm people, and I like.

The 2004 Ford Mustang was the most reliable car made by a U.S. manufacturer, with five problems per 100 vehicles

Small cars
These models earned ratings Most and Least reliable in Consumer Reports' 2004 reliability survey.
Most reliable
Toyota Corolla
Scion xB
Honda Civic
Mazda3
Subaru Impreza
Toyota Echo
Mitsubishi Lancer (except Evo)

Least reliable
Volkswagen Golf (turbo)
Volkswagen Jetta (turbo)
Volkswagen New Beetle

Sedans
These models earned ratings Most and Least reliable in Consumer Reports' 2004 reliability survey.

Most reliable
Lexus IS300
Acura RL (previous version)
Toyota Camry (4-cyl.)
Toyota Avalon
Lexus LS430
Lexus GS300/GS430
Buick Regal (discontinued)
Pontiac Grand Prix
Hyundai Sonata
Infiniti G35 (AWD)
BMW 5 Series

Least reliable
Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Jaguar S-Type
BMW 7 Series
Jaguar X-Type
Mercedes-Benz E-Class
Mercedes-Benz C-Class (V6)
Volvo S60 (AWD)
Saab 9-3
Pontiac Grand Prix (supercharged)
Volkswagen Passat (AWD)

couldnt find reliability results for other types of vehicles
Old 4/27/05, 02:07 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT+April 27, 2005, 2:02 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1999 Black 35th GT @ April 27, 2005, 2:02 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Red Star@April 27, 2005, 4:00 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Red Star
And there is a reason Corrolla is 2nd best selling car in the world of all times (1st is VW Beetle). I'm gonna ask you again, when was the last time you heard that Toyota didn't make profit? Each year they are stronger and stronger. I even read a story few years ago that Toyota makes twice bigger profit than Ford and GM together (and those were times when GM and Ford weren't losing money, like they are doing it now). Weather we like it or not, Toyota have best quality cars in the world. They did more in the last 20 years than Ford did in the past 100 years. Which car do you think is better, Focus or Corrolla? Camry or Taurus? Truth ain't pretty, my friend.

Number One. You obviously aren't grasping what I'm saying. Toyota may make a profit but they are slipping! DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT? Or do you need me to do this in sign language too? My point is that they are becoming more unreliable and more unsafe year after year.

Number Two. And let me get this straight, you would rather buy a vehicle that isn't as safe simply because of the badge on the front? That choice is completely up to you, but I wouldn't!

Number Three. If many experts are saying (and don't even BS me that you're more of an expert than Consumer Reports because you're not) that Fords are safer why do you insist on the opposite And why are Toyota profits dropping, huh? And why has Subaru overtaken Toyota as the most reliable auto manufacturer (and this is also according to Consumer Reports yet again)?

You know what, why don't you just go and tell all the workers at CR that they are wrong and you're right and see what happens. I bet you get laughed at as you are right now by many people.

Just read GhostTX's response above. He speaks the truth. You are being blinded by what you have heard many years ago! I don't claim that Ford's reliability is above Subaru because it's not (hopefully it will be in the coming years), but it has certainly risen above Toyota.

Even look at my Laurie 35th Black GT's answer. She's an import fan and she still sees past what you cannot.

If there is a lesson to be learned from any of this it is to gather knowledge before placing an opinion. Also not all sources are correct either, the Tacoma was top rated until it failed the roll test miserably

Number 1: Even if Toyota's profit is slipping, TOYOTA STILL MAKES PROFIT, which is more than I can say about GM and Ford. Toyota is not losing money, they're still making profit.
Number 2: I wanna car that average person can afford and to have engine that can last for a long time. I don't care about name of the car.
Number 3: Even if Subaru does have better quality than Toyota, this isn't about Subaru vs Toyota. Do you really think Ford is more reliabe than Toyota? Do you really think Focus is more reliable than Corrolla or Taurus is more reliable than Camry? Why is Ford losing money if they build such reliable cars?

Yes I really do think Ford is more reliable. I have never had one problem with any of them and I have owned 4 already. If you're that into the foreign cars, sell your Stang to someone who will appreciate it and get off the site! It seems that ignorance is bliss for you, which I cannot control.
[/b][/quote]

Answer my questions. Why is Ford losing money if they build such reliable cars? Why is Toyota NOT losing money if they build cars that are not reliable?
What I'm gonna drive its my own thing. I'll buy what I want, not what you tell me. For the part "get off the site" you're not owner of this site so you don't have any more rights that I do. You've been here less than a month and you're already telling other people to get off? I've been here since forum was originally created and I've been a member before big crash when forum was down for a while.
Old 4/27/05, 02:10 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Ford is losing money i believe because the market for SUV's and trucks is falling
Old 4/27/05, 02:13 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by thezeppelin8@April 27, 2005, 2:13 PM
Ford is losing money i believe because the market for SUV's and trucks is falling
Well Lalo, Toyota also have SUV and Truck market, don't they?

For your list of most reliable cars, I'm glad you left that because Toyota's products are #1 on both lists.
Old 4/27/05, 02:16 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by Red Star+April 27, 2005, 1:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Red Star @ April 27, 2005, 1:16 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-thezeppelin8@April 27, 2005, 2:13 PM
[/b][/quote]
Yea, but i dont think SUV's and pick-ups are Toyota's bread and butter like the Explorer and F-150 is for Ford.
Old 4/27/05, 02:20 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by thezeppelin8+April 27, 2005, 2:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(thezeppelin8 @ April 27, 2005, 2:19 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Red Star@April 27, 2005, 1:16 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-thezeppelin8
@April 27, 2005, 2:13 PM

Yea, but i dont think SUV's and pick-ups are Toyota's bread and butter like the Explorer and F-150 is for Ford.
[/b][/quote]

True, but last year for example, Ford's sales of Explorer and F-Series were really good, but Toyota still made better profit (I'm not sure Ford made profit at all - I might be wrong, Ford had its ups and downs last year).
Old 4/27/05, 02:21 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by Red Star+April 27, 2005, 1:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Red Star @ April 27, 2005, 1:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by thezeppelin8@April 27, 2005, 2:19 PM
Originally posted by Red Star@April 27, 2005, 1:16 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-thezeppelin8
@April 27, 2005, 2:13 PM

True, but last year for example, Ford's sales of Explorer and F-Series were really good, but Toyota still made better profit (I'm not sure Ford made profit at all - I might be wrong, Ford had its ups and downs last year).
[/b][/quote]
Ford maybe did pretty good, but not like before
Old 4/27/05, 02:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Red Star+April 27, 2005, 4:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Red Star @ April 27, 2005, 4:10 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@April 27, 2005, 2:02 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Red Star

Answer my questions. Why is Ford losing money if they build such reliable cars? Why is Toyota NOT losing money if they build cars that are not reliable?
What I'm gonna drive its my own thing. I'll buy what I want, not what you tell me. For the part "get off the site" you're not owner of this site so you don't have any more rights that I do. You've been here less than a month and you're already telling other people to get off? I've been here since forum was originally created and I've been a member before big crash when forum was down for a while.
[/b][/quote]

I answered your questions. You asked me why Ford is losing money. My answer, because people are too blind to see that imports aren't all they are cracked up to be. You asked me if I would choose Ford over toyota and I said yes.

You're right I am not the owner of the site, but by bashing Ford on a Mustang site what kind of response did you suppose you will get. And why haven't you read anything I've typed except for what you want to see.

As far as I'm concerned you could be member number 2 and I don't think it would matter. When you make a bold statement, expect flack from people who know what they are talking about. I have been a Mustang owner for 5 years and a Ford lover for at least 18 when my mother got me into Mustangs.

Now as far as this post goes, I am sick of wasting my breath and time. I never told you what to drive but you assumed that. I simply stated that if you are going to insult Ford then maybe you shouldn't drive one.

As far as I'm concerned this conversation is over and I stand by my opinion. You do what you want but I'm not wasting anymore time with this topic. I do not harbor any hard feelings towards anyone and will see everyone around!
Old 4/27/05, 02:33 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT+April 27, 2005, 2:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(1999 Black 35th GT @ April 27, 2005, 2:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Red Star@April 27, 2005, 4:10 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Red Star

I answered your questions. You asked me why Ford is losing money. My answer, because people are too blind to see that imports aren't all they are cracked up to be. You asked me if I would choose Ford over toyota and I said yes.

You're right I am not the owner of the site, but by bashing Ford on a Mustang site what kind of response did you suppose you will get. And why haven't you read anything I've typed except for what you want to see.

As far as I'm concerned you could be member number 2 and I don't think it would matter. When you make a bold statement, expect flack from people who know what they are talking about. I have been a Mustang owner for 5 years and a Ford lover for at least 18 when my mother got me into Mustangs.

Now as far as this post goes, I am sick of wasting my breath and time. I never told you what to drive but you assumed that. I simply stated that if you are going to insult Ford then maybe you shouldn't drive one.

As far as I'm concerned this conversation is over and I stand by my opinion. You do what you want but I'm not wasting anymore time with you.
[/b][/quote]

So all those people who bought imports are dumb? Get real man. I have Toyota in the family and I know how good it is. We are not regretting we bought a Mustang, but we're regretting we bought Intrepid because 120,000 miles $5,000 13-year-old Toyota was better than 30,000 miles $12,000 3-year-old Dodge. I like Ford, but that doesn't mean I'm always take Ford's side because I'm really dissapointed with Fords moves in the past year (killing Taurus, not building concept Mustang ...). Take care, no hard feelings about this. You have your opinion, I have mine.
Old 4/27/05, 02:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Red Star+April 27, 2005, 4:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Red Star @ April 27, 2005, 4:36 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@April 27, 2005, 2:25 PM
Originally posted by Red Star@April 27, 2005, 4:10 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Red Star

As far as I'm concerned this conversation is over and I stand by my opinion. You do what you want but I'm not wasting anymore time with you.
So all those people who bought imports are dumb? Get real man. I have Toyota in the family and I know how good it is. We are not regretting we bought a Mustang, but we're regretting we bought Intrepid because 120,000 miles $5,000 13-year-old Toyota was better than 30,000 miles $12,000 3-year-old Dodge. I like Ford, but that doesn't mean I'm always take Ford's side because I'm really dissapointed with Fords moves in the past year (killing Taurus, not building concept Mustang ...). Take care, no hard feelings about this. You have your opinion, I have mine.
[/b][/quote]

No not dumb, moronic.... Just kidding. My family hasn't had the luck with toyota and we choose not to buy them. I do agree that Dodge is not really that high of quality and am glad to hear that you have taken no hard feelings. Sometimes a debate is good for the mind and as they say hiney-holes and opinions... everyone has them. You take care also.
Old 4/27/05, 02:51 PM
I'm people, and I like.

these are some of the longest quotes i have ever seen
Old 4/27/05, 02:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

I'm sure we can make'em longer
Old 4/27/05, 02:59 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Old 4/27/05, 03:32 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
:hiding: just my .02 but I think the top 3 automakers within the next 10 years will be as follows...
Toyota
Ford
D/C

and seriously, I dunno much about economics but I see GM either gone, barely here, or merged with some1...
Old 4/27/05, 04:07 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Ford's share prognosis raises concerns; company says its domestic brands will lose ground in 2005
AMY WILSON | Automotive News
Posted Date: 4/27/05
DETROIT - Six months after CEO Bill Ford said U.S. market share would rebound this spring, Ford Motor Co. is throwing in the towel on any share gain in 2005.

Ford Motor executives last week acknowledged that they expect U.S. share for its domestic brands to drop for the 10th straight year. Plunging SUV sales are hurting the company's share more than expected. Ford's domestic-brand share already is at its lowest level since 1928.

Last November, Bill Ford told Automotive News that products such as the 2005 Ford Five Hundred sedan and Freestyle sport wagon and the redesigned Ford Mustang would help boost market share within six months. But though they are helping the company's car share, the Five Hundred and Mustang have failed to turn around the drop in overall share. And that won't change any time soon.

"We now expect full-year market share in the United States to be down compared with a year ago," Ford CFO Don Leclair said during the company's Wednesday, April 20, earnings announcement.

Ford Motor's domestic-brand share continued to slide during the first quarter of 2005, finishing at 18.2 percent. The automaker had a 19.1 percent share in the year-ago period. The Ford and Lincoln brands were down, but Mercury share rose on the strength of new products.

Ford Motor continued to lose retail share in the first quarter, said George Pipas, Ford's top sales analyst. The automaker doesn't break out specific numbers for the retail side, which excludes sales to fleet buyers.

Bill Ford in November said that improving retail share is more important than strengthening total share. But he had expected both to rise.

Lowest since 1928

The Ford, Lincoln and Mercury brands finished 2004 with 18.3 percent of the market. To find a lower annual share figure, you must go back to 1928, when Ford switched production from the Model T to the Model A and ended the year with 15.8 percent of the market.

Ford Motor executives now are looking to the launch of the 2006 Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln Zephyr mid-sized sedans this fall.

"The biggest opportunity for share is going to come when the Fusion and its sister products hit the road," Bill Ford said.

Those vehicles will put the automaker firmly back into a large segment of the market where it hasn't been competitive in recent years, he said.

Ford Motor still sells the Taurus in the mid-sized sedan segment. But that car long ago ceased to be a relevant retail entry and is scheduled to depart next year. More than 80 percent of Taurus sales now are to fleet buyers.

Pipas said he's optimistic that Ford Motor could at least recover car share in 2005.

The automaker's domestic-brand car share rose to 13.2 percent in the first quarter, up from 12.8 percent a year earlier.

Though North America is struggling with share, Bill Ford said the company's market share is increasing in most other regions.

Seasonal shifts

He also said that U.S. share increased sequentially from the third quarter of 2004 to the fourth quarter of 2004 and again to the first quarter of 2005. But such seasonal shifts are common; share performances in all those quarters were lower than in the year-earlier periods.

Meanwhile, Ford already has closed or taken shifts out of several assembly plants to match manufacturing capacity to its lower sales.

Another plant in Lorain, Ohio, will close this year as negotiated in Ford Motor's 2003 UAW contract.

Further cutbacks may be necessary, though Ford won't talk specifics. Says Leclair: "It's safe to say we have more capacity in North America than we need."
Old 4/27/05, 04:23 PM
I'm people, and I like.

I told you Zoran, Ford is falling because of the drop of SUV and Pick up sales.
"Plunging SUV sales are hurting the company's share more than expected."

Hopefully they can regain some of those losses with the strength of Mustang sales and their other vehicles
Old 4/27/05, 04:34 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by 1999 Black 35th GT,April 27, 2005, 9:24 AM
Okay we all know that my stance on toyota. They're already a rip-off at the prices they are. My wife looked at a celica a few years back and all the standard features on american cars. toyota stinks :notnice: hopefully they go down on the scale soon
yah, exactly

Originally Posted by Red Star,April 27, 2005, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by 1999 Black 35th GT,April 27, 2005, 11:00 AM
Uh, Redstar you obviously haven't heard about the quality issues of the steel they were using for their trucks, or how all 3 models of the tacoma failed miserably in the rollover test, or how about the "sludge" problem the camry's had about 2 years ago and charging the owner with the bill to replace the entire engine in some cases, or the issue with them not recalling vehicles and getting away with voluntary recalls where the consumer had to pay for the fix (it happened to my father so I know first hand), or how about the best one of all.....

Our fire dept. recieved a manual on how to extricate victims from the hybrid vehicle from Honda (the Insight). The reason we needed this info is to know where to cut do to the powerful electrical lines in the car. So we then asked toyota for the info on the prius and what did they tell us.... "No those are trade secrets and we are not disclosing them to anyone, not even emergency services."

Our chief then had to have a special meeting with us discussing how if we were to arrive on an accident with entrapment involving a prius we would not be able to cut due to the danger to us and the victim. Thus he said if worse came to worse we would have to let the victim go.

Now that's how toyota claims to be a safe and reliable company???? I don't think so.

Keep that in mind next time you consider toyota a decent company. :notnice:
No, I don't consider Toyota as a decent company.
good, neither do i
Originally Posted by 1999 Black 35th GT,April 27, 2005, 1:28 PM
Originally Posted by Red Star,April 27, 2005, 1:28 PM
Originally Posted by 1999 Black 35th GT,April 27, 2005, 11:00 AM
Uh, Redstar you obviously haven't heard about the quality issues of the steel they were using for their trucks, or how all 3 models of the tacoma failed miserably in the rollover test, or how about the "sludge" problem the camry's had about 2 years ago and charging the owner with the bill to replace the entire engine in some cases, or the issue with them not recalling vehicles and getting away with voluntary recalls where the consumer had to pay for the fix (it happened to my father so I know first hand), or how about the best one of all.....

Our fire dept. recieved a manual on how to extricate victims from the hybrid vehicle from Honda (the Insight). The reason we needed this info is to know where to cut do to the powerful electrical lines in the car. So we then asked toyota for the info on the prius and what did they tell us.... "No those are trade secrets and we are not disclosing them to anyone, not even emergency services."

Our chief then had to have a special meeting with us discussing how if we were to arrive on an accident with entrapment involving a prius we would not be able to cut due to the danger to us and the victim. Thus he said if worse came to worse we would have to let the victim go.

Now that's how toyota claims to be a safe and reliable company???? I don't think so.

Keep that in mind next time you consider toyota a decent company. :notnice:
No, I don't consider Toyota as a decent company. Decent companies are Ford, Chevrolet and Dodge. I consider Toyota as a lot more than decent comapny. If Toyota have all those problems you mentioned, how come they still have #1 selling car, how come they passed Chrylser for 3rd place in USA and pretty soon they're gonna pass Ford too, how come they never lose money (compared to GM and Ford)? Explaing that to me, because I really don't get it. How come they never lose money if their cars (and trucks) have that many problems?
Thats the thing toyota IS losing ground. Hyundai and Subaru surpassed them in reliablility this year and so did Ford for the sports car, the Mustang. Also toyota wanted to get into hyundai's plant which hyundai didn't allow. Also you are far behind on the times my friend Ford did get passed last year which may have been a blessing in disguise. It has fueled them to build better vehicles which they have been!

Experts have been finding declines in toyota's reliability lately too, ask my father in law who has a tundra. He'll tell you about the cheapness of the vehicle.

Also Ford and Subaru have ranked higher than toyota on safety too!

Zoran you need to read before placing an opinion on something that you may not know about!

They are not decent cars. People have it set in their mind that just because the badge is on the car that makes it reliable which is farthest from the truth!

Psst... There is a reason the F-150 has been the best selling truck for 28 years
yes, the highest of qaulity F-series, can u tow a house with a Tacoma or a F-350 Powerstroke?? exactly

Originally Posted by Laurie's 35th Black GT,April 27, 2005, 1:41 PM
Originally Posted by Red Star,April 27, 2005, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by 1999 Black 35th GT,April 27, 2005, 8:24 AM
Okay we all know that my stance on toyota. They're already a rip-off at the prices they are. My wife looked at a celica a few years back and all the standard features on american cars. toyota stinks :notnice: hopefully they go down on the scale soon
No, they are not rip-off, they are worth every penny you pay for them. Why? Because their engines can last forever. They may not be good looking, they may not be fast, but they have quality like no one else. Why do you think Toyota each year make profit? When was the last time you heard that Toyota lost $$$? Lexus, which is part of Toyota, has already beat cars like Audi, BMW and Mercedes in Europe (did anyone even heard of Lexus 15 years ago?). There is a good reason why Toyota never loses money and that is quality. When you buy a Toyota you know it will last you forever. You're not going to have many recalls (if any at all, mostly minor recalls), you know that they buyer won't came back to fix something on the car during warranty period. Sure, they don't have a car to compete against muscle cars now (although Supra TT was almost as good as Mustang Cobra in the 1990s), but try comparing Focus and Corrola or Camry and Five Hundred or Crown Victoria and Avalon. We all know the winner.

Actually, Toyota is a rip when compared to the very similar Honda. I have been a loyal import buyer for many years now. Every time I consider buying a Toyota over a Honda, I am persuaded against it b/c of Toyota charging more for standard options on a Honda. I have comparisoned shopped between Celicas vs. Civics and Rav 4 vs Element. And both times Honda won hands down b/c of price. To me, Toyota over charges for what comes standard in many other vehicles. And I have a big problem with a company who won't provide information to our emergency services dept in order to save our lives! I can't believe that they would risk lives and law suits all in an effort to not devulge "trade secrets"?! In that case, I'd rather drive an unreliable vehicle than drive won that is un-safe. I think we all need to take a look at Toyota (and any other manufacturer for that matter) and boycott their sales if they are not willing to provide such information like where to cut for extrication purposes. How would you feel if that was your loved one in the vehicle?
Laurie is one of the smartest females on here, its now official
Originally Posted by Red Star,April 27, 2005, 3:00 PM
Originally Posted by 1999 Black 35th GT,April 27, 2005, 1:49 PM
Originally Posted by Red Star,April 27, 2005, 2:50 PM

Number 3: Do you really think Ford is more reliabe than Toyota? Do you really think Focus is more reliable than Corrolla or Taurus is more reliable than Camry?
1- Toyota makes garbage, DONT EVER compare GM crap to FORD, no comparison, totally different.
2- the average person can afford a Mustang or focus or taurus (now five hundred) and Ford makes dead reliable products, askmy uncle about the reliability of his blown F-150, amazing, he has had no problems.
3- Yes I do
Old 4/27/05, 04:38 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by Fordracing200@April 27, 2005, 3:37 PM
1- Toyota makes garbage, DONT EVER compare GM crap to FORD, no comparison, totally different.
2- the average person can afford a Mustang or focus or taurus (now five hundred) and Ford makes dead reliable products, askmy uncle about the reliability of his blown F-150, amazing, he has had no problems.
3- Yes I do
Geez Kid, let it die already.
and for number 3, read up some posts and look at the stats of most reliable vehicles that I found.

Small cars
Most reliable
Toyota Corolla
Scion xB
Honda Civic
Mazda3
Subaru Impreza
Toyota Echo
Mitsubishi Lancer (except Evo)

Least reliable
Volkswagen Golf (turbo)
Volkswagen Jetta (turbo)
Volkswagen New Beetle

Sedans

Most reliable
Lexus IS300
Acura RL (previous version)
Toyota Camry (4-cyl.)
Toyota Avalon
Lexus LS430
Lexus GS300/GS430
Buick Regal (discontinued)
Pontiac Grand Prix
Hyundai Sonata
Infiniti G35 (AWD)
BMW 5 Series

Least reliable
Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Jaguar S-Type
BMW 7 Series
Jaguar X-Type
Mercedes-Benz E-Class
Mercedes-Benz C-Class (V6)
Volvo S60 (AWD)
Saab 9-3
Pontiac Grand Prix (supercharged)
Volkswagen Passat (AWD)
Old 4/27/05, 04:40 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Grow up. You don't know first things about cars. When you actually own one of the vehicles we're talking about, then maybe I'll care what you said. Please, Focus to be better than Corrolla? You don't know the basics.

Quick Reply: Toyota won't help U.S. rivals