Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

There was this guy...

Search this Thread

Old 8/22/04 | 11:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

... and he was chased down and eaten/absorbed/consumed by audio tape.

No, really!

Actually, it was a short film. I remember seeing it once. It was creepy, but somehow also cool the way it was done.

The guy was in a "home office" type deal (where they make a home into an office) and I guess he was editing the tapes or something. Anyway, I guess they didn't like being cut and spliced because they started to chase him around the house, blocking his way, and eventually just rolled over him like the Blob. He struggled, and then was no more. The tapes rolled themselves back up. And that was it.

It reminds one of "405" or "Godzilla vs. Bambi" or even "The Way Things Go". That last one I need to get one day...

Anybody know what the name of the thing is? Or even know what I'm talking about?
Old 8/23/04 | 12:27 AM
Bullitt Member

...............................-watches as the nice men run up, put houtex in the straight coat, and toss him into the van, says nothing, scratches self, walks off, pisses off the $%&#ing language filter while he wastes his time...poo poo poo poo poo female dog female dog female dog female dog heck heck heck heck darn darn darn dman-
Old 8/23/04 | 02:02 AM
GTR Member

Originally posted by 05Mustangfan@August 23, 2004, 2:30 AM

...............................-watches as the nice men run up, put houtex in the straight coat, and toss him into the van, says nothing, scratches self, walks off, pisses off the $%&#ing language filter while he wastes his time...poo poo poo poo poo female dog female dog female dog female dog heck heck heck heck darn darn darn dman-
... and he was chased down and eaten/absorbed/consumed by audio tape.

No, really!

Actually, it was a short film. I remember seeing it once. It was creepy, but somehow also cool the way it was done.

The guy was in a "home office" type deal (where they make a home into an office) and I guess he was editing the tapes or something. Anyway, I guess they didn't like being cut and spliced because they started to chase him around the house, blocking his way, and eventually just rolled over him like the Blob. He struggled, and then was no more. The tapes rolled themselves back up. And that was it.

It reminds one of "405" or "Godzilla vs. Bambi" or even "The Way Things Go". That last one I need to get one day...

Anybody know what the name of the thing is? Or even know what I'm talking about?
I wonder if there is space for 2 in that van..........
Old 8/23/04 | 12:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Houtex I remember it. It was back in the day when MTV used to show these shorts between videos. Yes, for you youngsters, MTV used to show videos

The only one I can remember the name of is Joe's Apartment. Remember the apartment being overtaken by cockroaches? They actually made a full length feature film of that one.

Wish I could help you further.
Old 8/23/04 | 08:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Glad someone else besides me knows about it. I remember the weird audio effects as the tape ran around and when the guy got eaten.

I've been Googlin' it but can't seem to find it. The MTV thing might help... But then, Google doesn't seem to know much about "Dog Police."

Man, now THAT was a cool video...

So there, 05Mustangfan. I'm not the only crazy one here. :P
Old 8/24/04 | 06:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I'll fess up and say I remember it too. But as far as a name, you got me.
Old 8/25/04 | 12:07 AM
Cobra Member

There is a fine line between insanity and immaturity.
Old 8/25/04 | 07:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Yah, well, I'm 17. I'll be celebrating the 20th anniversary of that this year though...

It's all in your mind, after all. And the body will only complain anyway, so ignore that...
Old 8/27/04 | 09:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

top number 1