Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

tattoo

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/05, 07:18 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
When I turn 18 I plan to get a few tattoos... here are a few I'm considering now... what yall think?
Old 3/9/05, 07:44 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
:hiding: get a niners tat :hiding:
Old 3/9/05, 11:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depends on what you want to carry around for the rest of your life. Remember....this is inked to your body making a statement. Forget the Blue Light crap. May be cool now but as you get older you'll regret it. Remember......... how will it look 30, 40, 50 years from now.

Tat's are cool as long as they're done by a real artist. Don't get stinkered into some cheap deal or letting a friend do it. And PLEASE....... be confident on how clean the equipment is. Don't take getting a ta-2 lightly. I've seen some real sweet work and I've seen some real cr@p.
Old 3/10/05, 09:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Well, when I think about what I liked 10 yrs ago, I really dont want it stuck to my body. I dont think a Mega Man tattoo would look cool today. If you are going to get one, shy away from 'thug life'. that just sounds dumb.
Old 3/10/05, 10:23 AM
Bullitt Member

I got one of a tiger on my calf. My studio was very clean. I prefer a tat in color. Mine covers most of my right calf. I can it becomes addictive. I have my eye on a dragon now.

I think if this is the first for you I would put it somewhere it's not always noticible in case you don't like it.
Old 3/10/05, 03:36 PM

thank you every one for your opinions.... I'm not so sure by the others... but I definately want the 2pac tat.... I've had my eye on this for 5 years now... still feel the same 'bout it as I did then...
Travis, you say "Thug Life" sounds dumb... ok, thats ur $.02 but I'm gonna give a lil background on it so it don't sound like some trendy teen phrase..... 2pac witnessed alot of senseless crimes when he first moved to cali... The code of thug life was signed to be a law for the streets that kept innocent people from being harmed... Thug life also came to symbolize the underdog and stands for...
The
Hate
U
Gave

Lil'
Infants
F****d
Everyone

sorry if u already knew this but I feel u misunderstood the whole idea...
Old 3/11/05, 08:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Autotooner@March 10, 2005, 3:39 PM
thank you every one for your opinions.... I'm not so sure by the others... but I definately want the 2pac tat.... I've had my eye on this for 5 years now... still feel the same 'bout it as I did then...
Travis, you say "Thug Life" sounds dumb... ok, thats ur $.02 but I'm gonna give a lil background on it so it don't sound like some trendy teen phrase..... 2pac witnessed alot of senseless crimes when he first moved to cali... The code of thug life was signed to be a law for the streets that kept innocent people from being harmed... Thug life also came to symbolize the underdog and stands for...
The
Hate
U
Gave

Lil'
Infants
F****d
Everyone

sorry if u already knew this but I feel u misunderstood the whole idea...
That's a good point....and one that most people will do.

I, for one, didn't know that. My 1st impression on seeing that on someone would be a misinformed one, and I doubt I'd ask what it meant. I'd just assume, and wrongly so, that the wearer of something that said "Thug Life" was exactly that. Shows how uninformed first impressions can lead to wrong assumptions.

Saying that, if that's what you want ,and it's something you've put a lot of thought into, and it's something that you'll be comfortable with and proud to show as long as you live, then go for it. It's your life. Are there other designs for this saying, or is this like the official logo?

Something else to consider. Your profession. Where on the body will this be? If it's visible will it be accepted by others you're in contact with? Some companies that deal with the public have strict policies of no visible tattos. I've got a buddy who, even on the hottest days, has to wear a long sleeve shirt to work.

There's a lot to think about before getting ink.
Old 3/11/05, 08:20 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
how old do you have to be in your state to get a tattoo legally?
Old 3/11/05, 09:21 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I have thrown hot pink and electric green daisies on my right ankle.
Its a tattoo of a bouquet of broken flowers- the petals are flying and the stem is broke. It hurt like hades. Now that its healed, I am ready to show it off.
I had it done at the Tattoo Jungle in Pelham Al. Very Clean, very nice place!

My husband has a viking, an eagle- one on each upper shoulder
and a skeleton on his chest- soon to have a fender blackie in its hands.
Old 3/11/05, 09:25 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Took 2 hours
Old 3/11/05, 09:27 AM
Cobra Member

I gotta agree with these guys. Make sure it is something that you firmly believe in and will like forever. If it is then get whatever you want, it's your body. I've got a half sleeve and my calf done, and i'm looking to get the other arm done. After you get one it gets addicting. Don't listen to April it doesn't hurt a bit, just think of a cat scratch.
Old 3/11/05, 09:34 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

The color is great.
The frigging outline is agonizing.
I had to twist sideways to get mine, that was uncomfy. :notnice:
Old 3/11/05, 09:42 AM
Cobra Member

Fine a bunch of cat scratches. Actually, the only time it really hurt is when he was shading on my shoulder. There's no fat there so it was directly on bone. I felt that in my teeth.
Old 3/11/05, 09:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Autotooner@March 10, 2005, 4:39 PM
The
Hate
U
Gave

Lil'
Infants
F****d
Everyone
EDIT: I looked back, sorta get it now. Still wouldnt want that anywhere on my body, but thats your decision. Id still like to know why people look up to Two Pack though. Guns, and drugs aren't usually in my vision of a model person.
Old 3/11/05, 02:12 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

I have four tats... The smallest one is a shooting star on my ankle. That one was NOTHING. LOL, no pics. The one that hurt the worst was my mermaid. She is 8 inches tall, goes from the tribal on my tailbone up my spine. She is directly centered on my spine, and I gotta say that mother hurt,but bad! In fact, all I could handle was the ouline, which took 3 hours. I cried. That was years ago, and I havent screwed up the nerve to get it finished.

I have a fairy on my left shoulder blade, she is about 3x4". I had to get it recolored. The first inking was painless, however the recolor was defintely painful.

I was using the same guy, at the same shop for my work. Then he moved to Vegas, (grrr). I got my shooting star in MA, with some very very dear friends. We all got matching ones. Since the guy who started my mermaid is gone now, I am looking for someone just as good to finish it.
Old 3/11/05, 02:50 PM
Cobra Member

Jessica, I've got a real good guy in a real good shop if you are interested. Only problem is it's hard to book with him, cause he's so busy. He has done me, my wife, my brother, my sister-in-law, and brother-in-law. I recomend him to everyone, very professional and a real artist. Let me know.
Old 3/11/05, 03:03 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by PearBear@March 10, 2005, 8:09 AM
Well, when I think about what I liked 10 yrs ago, I really dont want it stuck to my body. I dont think a Mega Man tattoo would look cool today. If you are going to get one, shy away from 'thug life'. that just sounds dumb.
aww man... whats wrong with MegaMan?!? he's the greatest! (right next to Luigi). But yea, it wouldnt make a good tatoo lol... an 80 year old man with mega man on his bicep would be kinda weird
Gonna name my future dog Rush though :P

Here are a couple of brave souls that have Megaman power the small one actually looks pretty cool. the big one looks very bad :notnice:

Old 3/11/05, 03:19 PM

:bang: :bang:
Where on the body will this be? If it's visible will it be accepted by others you're in contact with?
It'll be on my upper arm

Are there other designs for this saying, or is this like the official logo?
It's the only tattoo example I could find.... I dont think there is an official one

how old do you have to be in your state to get a tattoo legally?
I'm not sure I've seen 16 y.o. with tats....

I think I gave the wrong idea again... :bang: I aint getting this tat for 'THUG LIFE'
I am getting it for the pic of pac and the 'only God can judge me ' like I mentioned... this is the only thing I can find that is close to my idea...
Old 3/11/05, 04:40 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

Jason, a good artist will be able to take the pictures you have, and pull the image out of your head. My mermaid was exactly that, a couple pics that I had, and then an idea, and he drew it free hand, then inked it. I made into his book with that one, and its not even done.

However, a reputable shop will not ink underage. When I was getting my fairy re-inked, a 17yo came in with his mom. He wanted a cetic cross on his left pec. His mom whips out the pic, and a pen, and says, "I will sign whatever waiver you want, here is proof I am his mom and I give permission." The owner of the shop looked at her and said, "I dont care if you are the Pope. This shop does not ink underage. Dude, come back when you turn 18." Later, after they left, I asked why they turned him away if he has his mom with him. They responded that because of the way the law works, and waivers, the mom and even the kid can still sue for doing it. This is the kind of shop that wont ink you if you have been drinking, or even on certain meds. Everything is wrapped in fresh celophane for each client, tools come out of the autocalver in front of you. The owners mentor died from hepatitis, and the guy is super strict about his shops cleaniness because of that.

Dave, I just might take you up on it. There are a couple leads I have got right now, havent settled on one yet... I still havent gotten the nerve to finish the 'maid!!!
Old 3/11/05, 04:43 PM
She's Back and Strapped!

I also found it interesting that my shop will NOT be the first to ink in unhidable places, i.e. Face, hands, etc. If you already have ink there, then its fine. But, otherwise, it takes some work to get them to do it. They dont want to ever be the reason that you dont get a job, or disowned, etc. They dont agree with the stigma, but they also understand it.

Quick Reply: tattoo