Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

something for my dealer....

Search this Thread

Old 6/8/05, 07:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to do something nice for my dealer when my second 05 gets here... they have been awesome at getting it expedited, used up their last allocation for it and STILL sold it to me for below MSRP. They only got 3 GT allocations this year and i used up 2 of them.

I'm going to buy them lunch, thats a given... but what else, something for my salesman because he is a really great guy.
Old 6/8/05, 07:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

How about a gift certificate to a restaraunt or like a fine cheese tray, etc. Something along those lines. You can kind of get my drift.

Matt
Old 6/8/05, 08:12 AM
V6 Member

Gift Cert to eat so he can take his lady for some fine dining!
Old 6/8/05, 08:14 AM
Bullitt Member

A picture of you and your two GT's with a slogan of "thanks for 2 out of 3 " Then they can hang it in the show room floor as the first 2 05 GT's they sold. Or not.
Old 6/8/05, 08:17 AM
Bullitt Member

well, one of the GTs is in a salvage yard right now. it got rear ended & totalled 17 days after recieving it.
Old 6/8/05, 08:21 AM
GT Member

I handed my local dealer a Ben Franklin when I shook his hand, and told him "thanks for his efforts, and take the misses out to dinner".
He was stoked :dance:
Old 6/8/05, 08:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by chrisma@June 8, 2005, 8:24 AM
I handed my local dealer a Ben Franklin when I shook his hand, and told him "thanks for his efforts, and take the misses out to dinner".
He was stoked :dance:
i might have to do that... thanks!
Old 6/8/05, 09:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

I would write a super nice letter and give a copy to the owner of the dealer and thn a copty to your sales person.

Now as a gift, I think that a gift card would be nice from a nice restaurant would be good. Also you may want to consider a plaque for the salesperson for him to put up in his office. Something that sales Outstanding Sales Person and the with a signature that says "From Your Customer" and then your name. I would not put the name of the dealer so he can use it in the event that he goes to another dealer.

Good luck.

P.S. I really think that you should consider the letter though. I wrote a letter to my new dealer and I am now being treated like a King! I didnt by the car from them but I switched dealers and had some repairs done and wrote a letter to the owner about the great customer service and great work on the reapirs. Today I dropped of my car to get the popping noise fixed and they gave me an 05 Mustang for a rental at no cost!! I didnt even sign up for free rentals with my factory warranty.
Old 6/8/05, 10:09 AM
Cobra Member

A nice letter to the dealer principal and salesperson with a copy to the Regional Manager.

A gift card to a nice restaurant or if he is a homeowner, Lowes or Home Depot if there is one nearby.

When you pick it up take in some home made cookies or pastries, salespersons are a stinker for home made treats [ a little extra for the service department also goes a LONG way].
Old 6/8/05, 10:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

A couple ideas:

- Good marks on the customer satisfaction survey (this means a lot to the dealers and their allocation can be affected by the surveys)

- a $100 bill

- a ride

- Better yet, the opportunity to drive it

- Free advertising (tell them you'll leave the dealer plates on for a month)

- A personal favor for the dealer in the form of whatever services you provide as your job (have no idea what you do but, say you're do construction, you can offer to fix up his deck or something)

- Some sort of decoration for the dealership - a painting, print, blown-up picture of you with your mustangs, etc.
Old 6/8/05, 05:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
From what others have said, a gift card or certificate wouldn't be a bad idea to give to the GM, SM, and to the salesperson. Then I would suggest bringing in one of those big cakes from Costco or from the local supermarket. You know, the ones you order a few days in advance, and come in Vanilla, Chocolate or Marbled. The Costco ones are excellent, with the whipped buttercream icing, and I'm sure everyone at the dealership would like it. These are great as the cake is big enough to go around for most everyone there, assuming the pieces aren't cut too big, lol. Good luck when you pick it up. Be sure to post many pics .