Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Sad Day Today.

Search this Thread

Old 6/2/05, 10:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Well, today wasn't so great. It was just a "meh" day overall. Work wasn't so pleasant (I just LOVE wiring houses. Not.) And I got into arguments with the boss (who loves to argue anyway, so he wasn't put out. I was livid.)

And then, I found out when I got home, the bestest smartest dog we'd ever known personally had to up and pass away on us today.

My poor brother was dog sitting Daisy and Buddy, my parents' dogs, 'cause they had gone on a day trip somewhere. Daisy and my brother were having a good day, but somewhere about 4pm she and his dog Freckles decided to lay down on the blanket in the kitchen together and nap for a while. And poor Daisy never woke up.

My bro used to work at a vet so he knew the drill, and treated her nice, but still, family dog and all, so it was hard on him. I had to go over to his place and wait for the parents to come back to break the news because he had to go to work, and we didn't want to tell them until they got there because they were having a good day. Mom didn't take it really good at first, but was accepting it pretty well overall. She was more shocked than anything else, but Daisy was having minor issues breathing sometimes. So apparently it wasn't totally unexpected. Dad took it well, but he's usually the rock of the family.

Daisy, who was a dachsund(sp?)/hound dog mix, had a good life I think, and was honestly THE smartest dog we'd ever known. Her understanding of human commands without training or gestures was amazing. And she knew so many things so quickly. Extremely trainable, loving, and just a great great dog. I taught her all the tricks, roll over, sit up, etc, you know, the classics. And to think early on she almost had to be put down before she was a year old (heartworms), and she got past that "cure" to live to 13+. Good job Daisy.

I'll miss her, but she will be more missed by Mom, as they slept together every night. Buddy will take her space, but not her place, that's for sure. Oh, he's ok, but he's not Daisy. Then again, no dog will be Daisy. She was special. I'm glad to have known her, and sorry to see her go. I won't get to rub her back, which she loved so much, anymore, and that really makes me sad. That was my favorite part of my visits with her. She really liked my back rubs for her...

Thanks for taking the time to read. I had to write a little something about her for myself, and here seemed the best place. So long, Daisy. Good girl. Miss you already.
Old 6/2/05, 10:35 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to hear that. I am sorry sorry!
Old 6/2/05, 11:52 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
sorry to hear about that buddy

but at least she's in a better place now, all dogs go to heaven after all
Old 6/3/05, 03:24 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I feel for you mate , my dogs are my life.
Old 6/3/05, 05:08 AM
GT Member

I know how you feel. My dog Sonnie has been gone for four years. I still miss him. I had him cremated and have his ashes. I couldn't bare the thought of putting him in the ground. I had him fifteen years. He was blind, deaf, and had diverticulosis ( Chronic diarrhea) for the last year before he passed. But I loved him anyway. I miss him at night the most. He would lay on my feet while I would watch TV and keep them warm and slept on them in bed too. I never want to have another dog. I love dogs but it hurt so bad when he passed and I can't go through that again. I told my family when I pass, I want to be cremated and set free in the ocean and have Sonnie go with me. My heart goes out to you and your family.
Old 6/3/05, 06:40 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts

13 years is a long time, a gift.

Old 6/3/05, 07:06 AM
Bullitt Member

This is too sad, I'm so terribly sorry to hear about Daisy. That was very good of you to be there for your parents and must be tough for everybody. Dogs become such a part of the family, and their personalities are as different as people's are. There's no better representation of unconditional love as that you get from a good pup. She'll always be remembered and never be replaced. Keep her memory close to your heart always.
Old 6/3/05, 07:29 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Originally posted by jgsmuzzy@June 3, 2005, 5:27 AM
I feel for you mate , my dogs are my life.

Not for much longer.

Sorry about your dog houtex.
Old 6/3/05, 08:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

so, sorry for ya'll loss. Here is a quote we have on our website:

"Dogs are not our whole life,
but they make our lives whole."
- Roger Caras
Old 6/3/05, 08:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Sorry to hear the bad news. They become a member of the family and it's amazing how much you can love them.
Old 6/3/05, 09:33 AM
FR500 Member

i'm sorry dude, I feel your pain...when I was just a little kid, our house was destroyed by a tornado, and we had to send our dog away to a farm when we moved into a temporary apartment cuz he was a big dog and they woudn't allow him to live there....never sam him again
Old 6/3/05, 09:45 AM
Cobra Member

Sorry for your loss.
Old 6/3/05, 09:51 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ya...dogs are truly man's best friend. My condolences.
Old 6/3/05, 10:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

Sorry to hear about your dog...