Search this Thread

Old 3/12/05, 11:08 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 3/13/05, 03:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by houtex@March 8, 2005, 12:16 AM
man, that's what I need to power my Rep up. A ZPM. And then, I could make more of them, ship 'em to Atlantis, and get me a Jumper in exchange. Cool!

But then, those dang Cylons will want one.

/Galactica Roxors. OOHH. A VIPER. The original one. Heck yeah, I want me one of THOSE. (off to program the Rep.)
Screw the Viper, get me the Defiant!

Edit: Apparently the other image was taken down. So, here is a replacement.
Old 3/14/05, 09:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just remembered why I don't go to sci fi conventions anymore.

That said, I'll second the notion about the Defiant, though the Mark II Vipers I've seen on the BSG set here in Vancouver are pretty cool.

Nanoo, nanoo.
Old 3/15/05, 12:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by houtex@March 12, 2005, 11:33 PM
Well, you got me all curious, so I wen't spelunking, and lo and behold, upon yonder website:

http://www.nerfherder.net/

There is a song named Mr. Spock.

Well done sir. Well done!

/the "learning something new" thing happened!
//"I did not know that." - Johnny
///"YES!" - Ed
I met a nerf-herder once. I was picking hairs out of my teeth for a week afterwards. Then there was the peculiar desire I developed for Gagh shortly after that.
Old 3/15/05, 06:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

This is the dorkiest thing I have ever read.

But seriously, I'd have to go with a Romulan Warbird:
Pic removed
Old 3/15/05, 06:49 PM
Post *****

[starwarsgeek]
im sorry none of you stand a chance against the almighty Executor
BWAHAHAHA!

feel my wrath!!!!
Old 3/15/05, 07:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by future9er24@March 15, 2005, 7:52 PM
[starwarsgeek]
BWAHAHAHA!

feel my wrath!!!!
Sorry, but the "almighty" Executor is Bantha poodoo if it encounters a Borg cube.

"Resistance is futile."

Old 3/15/05, 07:36 PM
Post *****

Talking

Originally posted by Robert+March 15, 2005, 8:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Robert @ March 15, 2005, 8:09 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-future9er24@March 15, 2005, 7:52 PM
[starwarsgeek]
BWAHAHAHA!

feel my wrath!!!!
Sorry, but the "almighty" Executor is Bantha poodoo if it encounters a Borg cube.

"Resistance is futile."

[/b][/quote]

you know, that was almost funny
dont park your rubix cube just yet
dont mess
Old 3/15/05, 10:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Ok, now someone needs to show the two times the Death Star is destroyed by two torpedoes from "tiny" ships.

I'm bettin' the Borg take over the Death Star before Tarkin/Palpatine says "Fire." I mean, if Artoo can figure out those computers in seconds, SURELY the Borg can kick it pimp style on the techno side.

They also have more than one cube and/or sphere. So it's only inevitable. After the first shot, they'll adapt and the Empire will fall. And the Rebellion with it. All the galaxy belong to Borg...

BTW Janeway would kick both their butts.
Old 3/15/05, 10:56 PM
Post *****

ahhh... dont think so. if these "tiny ships" can wreak havoc on the death stars, think of what theylr do to your building blocks hehehe...

and dont get me started on Yuuzhan Vong

btw, any farther on your replicaator?
Old 3/15/05, 11:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Old 3/15/05, 11:09 PM
Post *****

Old 3/15/05, 11:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Death Star has no chance against the Borg. So the cube takes a few hits? So what?

It learns...adapts its shields...goes off and makes repairs, then comes back and starts carving chunks out of the Death Star. And that's assuming it doesn't call in re-enforcements! Plus, to my knowledge, there are no transporters in the Star Wars universe, and the Borg are capable of beaming through shields (unless the harmonics are rapidly rotated).

So what happens when a few dozen drones beam aboard the Death Star and begin assimilating the inhabitants like vampires in search of prey? Blasters from Stormtroopers would be useless against Borg personal shields. Pretty soon more and more Death Star inhabitants are exponentially turned into drones until the Death Star's computer core is assimilated by the Collective - then you have one, giant, 80 mile diameter Borg vessel.

Bye-bye Empire!
Old 3/15/05, 11:32 PM
Post *****

what will they do when faced with the biological(you dont get it unless you've read the novels) weaponry of the Yuuzhan Vong eh?

and surely you cannot possible beleive that these "borgs" are immune to the Force. sorry.

its not just limited to choking, when properly trained a jedi can dissassmble the molecules of an object (enter Vergere)

and what of Zonama Sekot? the living planet from which the Yuuzhan Vong were originally spawned? you cant stop this juggernaut of power.

you stand no chance
Old 3/16/05, 05:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

They will add Vader's biological and technological distintiveness to their own. He will adapt to service them. Resistance is futile. After realizing that they couldn't get near Vader due to his Schwartz powers, they would just destroy the ship and move on.
Old 3/16/05, 05:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Living Planet you say? Sounds like the perfect target for assimillation.
Old 3/16/05, 06:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Here's something you never want to see in your rearview.
Old 3/16/05, 07:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

"Zonama Sekot is irrelevant, the Force is irrelevant, death is irrelevant. They will be assimilated. We will add the Yuuzhan Vong's biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Their life - as it has been - is over. From this time forward their culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."

The Borg are R-E-L-E-N-T-L-E-S-S. And once anyone (Jedi, Sith Lord, whoever) is injected with Borg nanoprobes, well, they're pretty much fracked.

Old 3/16/05, 10:45 PM
Post *****

the jedi can eat their meals without lifting their utensils. you cant top that my friend :P

im sorry, but the Borg would have no way of detecting the biological creations of the Yuuzhan Vong, they all appear to be asteroids and eat any type of weaponry used against them they also learn how to react against different targets. your so called nanoprobes would be stinked into the black-hole-esque defense syetems on the Yuuzhan Vong ships. they would have no effect they are alive after all. everything, including the weapons, armor and even utensils are alive. cant touch this.

and the Yuuzhan Vong arent your only problem, the rest of the New Republic is fully capable of going into battle with the Borg and handing their ***** back to them. literally speaking

go ahead, play with you puny building blocks, for they are insignificant. and dont get me started on the other superweapons in the galaxy. there are things trillions of times more powerful than the Death Stars. they could wipe out an entire fleet (or should i say, tower) of your insignificant rubix cubes. Centerpoint Station anyone? your cubes are like grains of sugar being dissolved in some hot tea. the cubes wouldnt even know they are being attacked. Centerpoint Station can be used against a target from the other side of the galaxy and still have deadly accuracy.

now take into account that after the most destructive war in the hisotry of the galaxy, the New Republic, the New Jedi Order and the Yuuzhan Vong have alled with one another. there is no way any force could stang against the Yuuzhan Vong, the New Republic Navy and the Force together. its like taking the greatest player in the real NFL and putting them in a full contact game with the greatest Madden NFL (video game) players. the Star Wars galaxy is the NFL, Borg is the wimpy kid who obsesses over being the best at a video game.

resistance is futile my ****
Old 3/16/05, 11:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by future9er24@March 16, 2005, 11:48 PM
the jedi can eat their meals without lifting their utensils. you cant top that my friend :P

im sorry, but the Borg would have no way of detecting the biological creations of the Yuuzhan Vong, they all appear to be asteroids and eat any type of weaponry used against them they also learn how to react against different targets. your so called nanoprobes would be stinked into the black-hole-esque defense syetems on the Yuuzhan Vong ships. they would have no effect they are alive after all. everything, including the weapons, armor and even utensils are alive. cant touch this.

and the Yuuzhan Vong arent your only problem, the rest of the New Republic is fully capable of going into battle with the Borg and handing their ***** back to them. literally speaking

go ahead, play with you puny building blocks, for they are insignificant. and dont get me started on the other superweapons in the galaxy. there are things trillions of times more powerful than the Death Stars. they could wipe out an entire fleet (or should i say, tower) of your insignificant rubix cubes. Centerpoint Station anyone? your cubes are like grains of sugar being dissolved in some hot tea. the cubes wouldnt even know they are being attacked. Centerpoint Station can be used against a target from the other side of the galaxy and still have deadly accuracy.

now take into account that after the most destructive war in the hisotry of the galaxy, the New Republic, the New Jedi Order and the Yuuzhan Vong have alled with one another. there is no way any force could stang against the Yuuzhan Vong, the New Republic Navy and the Force together. its like taking the greatest player in the real NFL and putting them in a full contact game with the greatest Madden NFL (video game) players. the Star Wars galaxy is the NFL, Borg is the wimpy kid who obsesses over being the best at a video game.

resistance is futile my ****
"Non-sequitur. Your diatribe is irrelevant. You will be assimilated."

The Borg have a singular goal, namely the consumption of technology, rather than wealth or political expansion as most species seek. Born humanoid, they are almost immediately implanted with bio-chips that link their brains to a collective consciousness via a unique subspace frequency emitted by each drone. This collective consciousness is experienced by the Borg as "thousands" of voices — they are collectively aware, but not aware of themselves as separate individuals.

The Borg ingest only energy to drive their technological system via an energy conduit port. Their bio-chips synthesize any organic nutrients needed. Among the many advantages their collective consciousness affords them, the Borg hive-mind allows for instantaneous adaptations to shield and weapons frequency modulations in combat; they are also able to regenerate and repair their massive cube ship (two miles long on each side) with the power of their collective thoughts alone. The hive-mind drones do not register as individual life-signs when scanned, only as a mass reading and then at a bare minimum. The sick and injured are not healed but "reabsorbed" by the removal of the receiver piece, which leads to self-destructive dissolve.

Their ships are showcases of technology and power. Having travelled the galaxy for tens of thousands of years, largely unchallenged, they first analyze their opponent for weaknesses by probing them. They are then able to quickly determine the fastest route to assimilation. Their ships are powerful enough to tear large chunks out of a planet - or carve out an entire city at once - and then tractor it directly into space. They use transwarp conduits to rapidly traverse the galaxy, and their lethal weapons can infiltrate any shielding system.

Let's first off establish the situation.....A single Borg ship has entered into Imperial Space near the Death Star. It sees the Death Star as an extremely attractive target to be assimilated. When the Death Star tries to communicate with the Borg ship to ask them who they are and what they are doing in Imperial Space, the response they get is "We are Borg. You will drop your shields and surrender to us. Your technological and biological distinctiveness shall be added to our own. From this moment on, you will service us. Prepare to be assimilated. Resistance is futile."

Now, the Death Star is much bigger, slower and less maneuverable than a Borg ship. The Borg could easily get away from the Death Star if so inclined. But chances are they wouldn't want to. They're trying to assimilate the Death Star after all. It just isn't in their nature to run away, either. And even with the Borg's ability to adapt their shields against an energy attack, there just wouldn't be time. The Death Star can destroy an entire planet, after all. One shot would utterly obliterate a Borg ship in a heartbeat.

But even with the Borg ship destroyed, as we saw in First Contact, the Borg can be rather sneaky. The Empire would be completely unprepared for transporter technology for one thing. A small group of them could beam aboard the Death Star quite easily. And never having faced the Borg before, the Emperor's finest would have no way of knowing what to do to stop them from slowly Borgifying everyone and assimilating the Death Star little by little from the inside out, as they tried to do to the Enterprise E in First Contact. I mean let's face it, if Han, Luke, Chewie, Ben, R2 and 3PO could sneak in and have such free reign of the place as easily as they did in Star Wars, the Borg would have a field day aboard the Death Star.

This conflict isn't so much between a planet-destroying space station against a lone Borg cube. A Borg ship is simply a collective of Borg entities. It's not the power of the ship that makes it what it is, it's the Borg themselves. Their prolific invasive and adaptive capabilities are what make them so deadly. The Death Star against the Borg is like one of us against some kind of deadly virus that slowly takes over one's entire body. It's just not a question of raw power and strength anymore in this type of situation.

The Borg collective is gigantic and overwhelming. It's like getting attacked by a swarm of killer bees. You may be able to squash quite a few of them, but all they need to do is sting you once and you're down. All things considered, in the fight between a Borg ship and the Death Star, the Borg win, hands down.

Quick Reply: Replicators