Tms Members Photo Threads Misc. Years Tms Members Photo Threads Misc. Years

Members Random Picture Gallery Non Mustang Shots of Interest!

Search this Thread

Old 12/25/13, 02:57 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Moustang
My daughter's first cell phone...
Cool.

What kind?
Old 12/25/13, 06:40 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
My daughter's first cell phone...
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Priceless! Mine were 10 when they got theirs!
You may mot have seen this yesterday on the Random Pictures thread

Name:  image-3282517568.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  151.8 KB

Not condemning kids with cell phones, just thought it was humorous that the ages match
Old 12/25/13, 07:36 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Originally Posted by phiggs54
You may mot have seen this yesterday on the Random Pictures thread Not condemning kids with cell phones, just thought it was humorous that the ages match
Yeah mine just have basic phones!!
Old 12/25/13, 09:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Cool.

What kind?
Samsung Galaxy S3

We got it for free when we added a phone to our plan. Both my wife and I were long overdue for upgrades so we both now have Galaxy S4s.

My wife's employer provide the 2-way radio and GPS systems for Verizon's fleet vehicles. We get some good deals with them because of it.

Originally Posted by phiggs54
You may mot have seen this yesterday on the Random Pictures thread

Not condemning kids with cell phones, just thought it was humorous that the ages match
Saw it. Laughed about it too.

I remember when I was 10 and I had to beg and plead and conspire with my brother so we could get an Atari 2600 to share. My daughter got an iPad Touch at the age of 9, got an iPad 3 last year, and now has a Galaxy S3.

She's spoiled, but she's the only one I have.

Last edited by Moustang; 12/25/13 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12/25/13, 09:13 PM

Samsung Galaxy S3

We got it for free when we added a phone to our plan. Both my wife and I were long overdue for upgrades so we both now have Galaxy S4s.

My wife's employer provide the 2-way radio and GPS systems for Verizon's fleet vehicles. We get some good deals with them because of it.

Cool! Android FTW.
Old 12/25/13, 09:21 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

She's spoiled, but she's the only one I have.

I love the picture of her opening the phone
Old 12/25/13, 09:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool! Android FTW.

Got both in the house.

My daughter has an iPod Touch and an iPad 3. My wife has an iPhone 4S that she got through her work.

My wife had a Samsung Galaxy S and I had an older LG Tegra 2. Older phones for sure, but they were both Android.

Having access to both and plenty of time to get familiar with both platforms, getting the S4 was a no brainer. The iPhones are a lot easier to use, but are much more limited on what you can do with them.

Plus The iPhone camera sucks, and that's sort of important to me.
Old 12/25/13, 09:52 PM

Got both in the house.

My daughter has an iPod Touch and an iPad 3. My wife has an iPhone 4S that she got through her work.

My wife had a Samsung Galaxy S and I had an older LG Tegra 2. Older phones for sure, but they were both Android.

Having access to both and plenty of time to get familiar with both platforms, getting the S4 was a no brainer. The iPhones are a lot easier to use, but are much more limited on what you can do with them.

Plus The iPhone camera sucks, and that's sort of important to me.
I honestly find android way easier to use than iOS. There being no "back button" really throws me off. Nothing against apple. I do have a mac and an ipod nano which I love. Just have no interest in an iphone.
Old 12/25/13, 11:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I honestly find android way easier to use than iOS. There being no "back button" really throws me off. Nothing against apple. I do have a mac and an ipod nano which I love. Just have no interest in an iphone.
There IS a back button in almost every menu - the top left button on the screen, with an arrow pointing left. Just because there isn't a button at the bottom of the phone that's always there, doesn't mean there isn't a way to go back while navigating - and android being easier to use than iOS? LOL...come on now, have some better points than that!

And the iPhones camera sucking? Not hardly. Up until this year, the iPhone's picture quality was untouchable in the mobile market, with especially Samsung's cameras being crap. I will admit the standard camera app *does* suck in regards to features and options, but if you know what you're doing, you can take some great pics on an iPhone...
Old 12/25/13, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by laserred38
There IS a back button in almost every menu - the top left button on the screen, with an arrow pointing left. Just because there isn't a button at the bottom of the phone that's always there, doesn't mean there isn't a way to go back while navigating - and android being easier to use than iOS? LOL...come on now, have some better points than that!

And the iPhones camera sucking? Not hardly. Up until this year, the iPhone's picture quality was untouchable in the mobile market, with especially Samsung's cameras being crap. I will admit the standard camera app *does* suck in regards to features and options, but if you know what you're doing, you can take some great pics on an iPhone...
Oh boy...
Old 12/25/13, 11:29 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts

Sounds like a true Apple fanboi, don't let Steve Jobs' nuts bounce off of your face too hard.

These Apple people are some hardcore *****, will defend anything Apple to the death, hell, punch you in the face if you say anything disparaging about Apple stuff.

Its a bit freaky to be honest with you. Never seen a group of people so devoted to a product before.

And I don't even have a dog in the fight, I don't even use a cell phone very often, don't have any kind of ipod/music device. I just see the Apple nuts being some of the most whacked out people I've ever heard from. Like Obabma devotees.

I'll wait for the backlash/reaction from that. I'm sure they will go wild. Although I wont give a **** because I have none of the products that they freak out over, lol.
Old 12/25/13, 11:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Sounds like a true Apple fanboi, don't let Steve Jobs' nuts bounce off of your face too hard. These Apple people are some hardcore *****, will defend anything Apple to the death, hell, punch you in the face if you say anything disparaging about Apple stuff. Its a bit freaky to be honest with you. Never seen a group of people so devoted to a product before. And I don't even have a dog in the fight, I don't even use a cell phone very often, don't have any kind of ipod/music device. I just see the Apple nuts being some of the most whacked out people I've ever heard from. Like Obabma devotees. I'll wait for the backlash/reaction from that. I'm sure they will go wild. Although I wont give a **** because I have none of the products that they freak out over, lol.
Lol there ARE people like that. I'm not one of them, especially after working for the company. But blind android fanboy statements are no better or worse than blind Apple fanboy statements.
Old 12/25/13, 11:50 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
Lol there ARE people like that. I'm not one of them, especially after working for the company. But blind android fanboy statements are no better or worse than blind Apple fanboy statements.
And there it is, lol. Didn't take long. LOL

I know people that actually went into a state of mourning when Steve Jobs died, friend's kids "retweeted" all the stuff he said, they freaked out, and then wanted their parents to buy them more Apple stuff because none of them have "jobs", LOL. I found that ironic, lol.
Old 12/26/13, 07:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
And there it is, lol. Didn't take long. LOL I know people that actually went into a state of mourning when Steve Jobs died, friend's kids "retweeted" all the stuff he said, they freaked out, and then wanted their parents to buy them more Apple stuff because none of them have "jobs", LOL. I found that ironic, lol.
The day he died, I was actually working a "talent selection workshop" to find new hires for our market (included the store I worked at, and the 3 others). It was very awkward to continue, since everyone's phones were going off with the news. Honestly, you can't deny that he was a very influential person - even the stories of him being an ******* boss...if I ever start a company that becomes that successful, I would be an ******* to dumbsh*t employees too! That being said, Apple has completely lost their way. They sold out to the investors around 2008, when the success of the iPhone completely shocked the mobile phone market. After that, it went all downhill. The innovation, the customer service, etc, all became second fiddle to PROFIT. They started suing every competitor to try to make them disappear. It's sad. A fricken electronics company should not have more cash on hand than our own govt!
Old 12/26/13, 10:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry, but..........

When it comes to digital cameras only two things are really important. Lens quality and the image processor.

You "CAN" take great pictures using almost any crap phone if you know how to work around it's limitations, but the two greatest limitations are the lens and image processor because those will control the clarity and quality of the image capture. There are a tiny few low light situations where the iPhone 5S would take a brighter picture than the Galaxy S4, but neither would be good pictures.

The camera in the S4 has a better lens and a better image processor. That means it is less limited in the photographers hands. Given a chance to properly setup and frame my shot I'm sure I could produce outstanding pictures with either camera all of the time. However, I view cell phones as nothing more than snapshot cameras, so reducing camera limitations is important to me to really capture those quick, unplanned moments.

If I'm trying to produce art I'll be using my DSLR and shooting in RAW format.

Last edited by Moustang; 12/26/13 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12/26/13, 11:30 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Sorry, but.......... When it comes to digital cameras only two things are really important. Lens quality and the image processor. You "CAN" take great pictures using almost any crap phone if you know how to work around it's limitations, but the two greatest limitations are the lens and image processor because those will control the clarity and quality of the image capture. There are a tiny few low light situations where the iPhone 5S would take a brighter picture than the Galaxy S4, but neither would be good pictures. The camera in the S4 has a better lens and a better image processor. That means it is less limited in the photographers hands. Given a chance to properly setup and frame my shot I'm sure I could produce outstanding pictures with either camera all of the time. However, I view cell phones as nothing more than snapshot cameras, so reducing camera limitations is important to me to really capture those quick, unplanned moments. If I'm trying to produce art I'll be using my DSLR and shooting in RAW format.
I said up until this year, which is when the S4 came out...also, consider the size of the S4 to the current iPhone. It's gigantic. I have no desire to have something that big in my pocket...

The S4 has some cool features. It also has a bunch of gimmicks that no one uses. But as a camera, you're right, both are just snapshot producers, nothing more.
Old 12/26/13, 01:44 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Sorry, but..........

When it comes to digital cameras only two things are really important. Lens quality and the image processor.

You "CAN" take great pictures using almost any crap phone if you know how to work around it's limitations, but the two greatest limitations are the lens and image processor because those will control the clarity and quality of the image capture. There are a tiny few low light situations where the iPhone 5S would take a brighter picture than the Galaxy S4, but neither would be good pictures.

The camera in the S4 has a better lens and a better image processor. That means it is less limited in the photographers hands. Given a chance to properly setup and frame my shot I'm sure I could produce outstanding pictures with either camera all of the time. However, I view cell phones as nothing more than snapshot cameras, so reducing camera limitations is important to me to really capture those quick, unplanned moments.

If I'm trying to produce art I'll be using my DSLR and shooting in RAW format.

You'll have RAW in Android soon too.
Old 12/26/13, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by denlem

You'll have RAW in Android soon too.
That just totally unnecessary. Gonna need massive storage.
Old 12/26/13, 03:58 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
That just totally unnecessary. Gonna need massive storage.
A little more room. My 40D pics run about 12-13 meg in raw (.CR2). Phone pics should be smaller.
Old 12/26/13, 05:10 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
You people getting worked up over phones...

Quick Reply: Members Random Picture Gallery Non Mustang Shots of Interest!