Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Pics of Costa Rica from Honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old 5/22/05, 04:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We were there for a week which wasn't long enough as it was so beautiful. We were in northwest Costa Rica where 5 months out of the year, it hardly rains at all. May is when their rainy season starts which wasn't as bad as I thought. It's kinda like Florida where it'll be sunny during the morning and early afternoon then storm in the late afternoon for a couple hours. It's a very very poor part of the country but that didn't seem to diminish the people's spirit. Most seemed very happy to live such a simple life. The resort was amazing as it was all inclusive plus offered many tours that you could purchase.

Our first tour was something called "mega tour". We first rode a couple hours way up into the mountains on some pretty scary roads where we reached Buena Vista lodge. We did some canopy rides where you ride a zip line through the rain forest. They also had a water slide that went down the mountain but we decided against that since we are used to much better slides with all the water parks here in Florida. We then set out on horseback through the mountains which was really fun. Then came the hot springs which we again skipped b/c we were already hot enough. Then came the rains which were torrential in nature. I mean it really poured like I've never seen.

We spent a couple days lounging at the pool and frequenting the swim up bar. We were so close to the equator, the sun was very high and we sunburned very easily even when we're both native floridians where we should be used to it.

There were all types of animals roaming around the resort. Tons and tone of iguanas(sp?) all over the place. There were also skunks and things call coati which are related to the raccoon.

We also went on a 2 hour atv where we saw all kinds of beautiful landscape and beaches. I thought this was the best part of the trip.

http://www.stangfriik.com/pics.htm
Old 5/22/05, 06:01 PM
I'm people, and I like.

That's awesome Jeremy
Old 5/23/05, 09:37 AM
Cobra Member

Very cool. That one tree looks like it's melting.
Old 5/23/05, 10:05 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
gorgeous pictures jeremy. Congrats on the wedding
Old 5/23/05, 12:52 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Didn't Costa Rica just get hit by a hurricane over the weekend?
Old 5/23/05, 02:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by holderca1@May 23, 2005, 12:55 PM
Didn't Costa Rica just get hit by a hurricane over the weekend?

Luckily it went north of us. It made landfall somewhere in El Salvador and Nicaraugua. When it was coming right at us, my wife and I said that we can't escape the stupid hurricanes even if we're in a different country ie: living in Florida and experiencing 3 of the 4 canes that hit here last year
Old 5/23/05, 02:37 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Stangfriik@May 23, 2005, 2:03 PM
Luckily it went north of us. It made landfall somewhere in El Salvador and Nicaraugua. When it was coming right at us, my wife and I said that we can't escape the stupid hurricanes even if we're in a different country ie: living in Florida and experiencing 3 of the 4 canes that hit here last year

Nice pics. My son was down there last year and had a ball.

Congrats on the wedding. This year will be #24 for us.
Old 5/23/05, 08:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

My wife and I went there for our honeymoon as well. We stayed on the Pacific coast, too. Beautiful country. Nice snorkeling and scuba. Horseriding on the beach. Also, going into the rain forests and zip-lining between trees was fun.

And yes...Coasta Rican chickens everywhere (iguanas).
Old 5/24/05, 08:30 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally posted by Stangfriik@May 23, 2005, 2:03 PM
No kidding, I got the one you missed.