Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Now this is scarry!

Search this Thread

Old 9/13/04, 12:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosinsider/0.../a01-271661.htm

I blame it on tv and computers. I love both but at the same time, they are the extreme evils of the world! People need to quit being lazzy slobs and learn to drive! Learning to drive stick makes you a far better driver! I know it did for me!

I bet in fifty years, we'll live in a world where people will be come too lazzy to tie their own shoes! Everyone will have these automattically adjust shoes where you press a button for tight, and you press it again to make it loose to take off. I blame thoose damned left wings for all of this most of all
Old 9/13/04, 04:51 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Whats even worse is those sellout slapstick manual autos with the silly little slapsticks.
I think Everyone should know how to drive a manual- I am already working on teaching my kids. The clutch will come later.

I think auto sports cars are redundant. You want an auto- get a family car.
Old 9/13/04, 06:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't mind being the different one driving a stick.

Maybe insurance companies will offer discounts because having a stick shift will be a theft deterant.
Old 9/13/04, 07:02 AM
Cobra Member

After 35+ years of driving a stick I went with an auto in my Mustang because of traffic in Southern California. Sometimes I miss shifting, but not enough to go back. I love those slapstick manumatics and I'd love to have one in a Mustang.
Old 9/13/04, 10:01 AM
I'm people, and I like.

here in california, its murder to drive stick. i really only see the usefulness of stick in a sports car, and a few other cars. i agree that everyone should learn how to use stick, just in case, but i'm not surprised that so few cars will stay as a stick shift. as cities become bigger, and there is more traffic, more and more people will switch to stick. even if those "damned left wings" go right, there is no stoping the growth of cities
Old 9/13/04, 01:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@September 13, 2004, 4:54 AM
Whats even worse is those sellout slapstick manual autos with the silly little slapsticks.
I think Everyone should know how to drive a manual- I am already working on teaching my kids. The clutch will come later.

My father started teaching me how to drive one last week.
Old 9/13/04, 02:01 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by MustangMan311+September 13, 2004, 1:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MustangMan311 @ September 13, 2004, 1:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine@September 13, 2004, 4:54 AM

My father started teaching me how to drive one last week. [/b][/quote]
sweet

P.S.
funny signature that i agree with
Old 9/13/04, 03:32 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by MustangMan311+September 13, 2004, 3:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MustangMan311 @ September 13, 2004, 3:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine@September 13, 2004, 4:54 AM

My father started teaching me how to drive one last week. [/b][/quote]
A real one or a fake one?

Rule #1- if you can't find em Grind em...
Old 9/13/04, 03:36 PM
Banned

Originally posted by StevenJ@September 13, 2004, 2:38 AM

I blame it on tv and computers. I love both but at the same time, they are the extreme evils of the world! People need to quit being lazzy slobs and learn to drive! Learning to drive stick makes you a far better driver! I know it did for me!

I bet in fifty years, we'll live in a world where people will be come too lazzy to tie their own shoes! Everyone will have these automattically adjust shoes where you press a button for tight, and you press it again to make it loose to take off. I blame thoose damned left wings for all of this most of all
Please tell me you were being sarcastic ...
Old 9/14/04, 07:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale+September 13, 2004, 9:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grantsdale @ September 13, 2004, 9:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-StevenJ@September 13, 2004, 2:38 AM

Please tell me you were being sarcastic ... [/b][/quote]
Very... It was a joke and I'm annoyed about elections. Yeah my bad, I posted this on BON too and someone got pissed over that. It's a joke people!