Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Nintendo REVOLUTION Controller revealed

Search this Thread

Old 9/16/05, 05:24 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
While I was a bit sceptical at first....
...the idea behind this is SOOOOOOO cool.

It has so many uses....basically like a 3D handheld mouse....in virtual space....

It may look weird, but after seeing the trailer for it and all the posibilities for it...
I am iMPRESSED!

IGN - Cube
Old 9/16/05, 06:05 PM
I Have No Life

Oh just watched Iwata's keynote...
One thing that really bugged me...is addressed.

If you look at the 'remote control-er' style one hand...it can be plugged in with expansions.
The one they call the nunchuku style....is one way..

Great ... but what about multiplatform games...
It doens't look like this setup will be good for that...

....in the keynote, he mentions a pluggin for the expansion on the remote...for the 'classic style' controller for that very reason.

THANK you ..
NOw I'M REALLY psyched!!!
Old 9/16/05, 06:41 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THAT's AWESOME!!!!
I can't wait for it to be released.

In your face who ever said they were only going to have a touch screen on it!!!

Reading this part gets me psyched
With the analog stick in one hand, users move Samus Aran around the environments in Metroid Prime 3, freeing up the pointer to act as the heroine's gun. The result is a level of control so responsive and accurate that its closest rival is a PC/mouse configuration
Old 9/16/05, 09:09 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I really like the way the controller came up, they held it long enough so I was a bit worried it wouldn't sum up to be much. But I think they succeeded.
When I got home my sister just bombarded me to see it. Apparantly some people don't find it good.
Old 9/16/05, 09:52 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally posted by ManEHawke@September 16, 2005, 8:12 PM
I really like the way the controller came up, they held it long enough so I was a bit worried it wouldn't sum up to be much. But I think they succeeded.
When I got home my sister just bombarded me to see it. Apparantly some people don't find it good.
There are people who just don't want to like Nintendo

I dont see anything wrong with it... you can tilt it and play regular nes games... you'll be able to get a controller fashioned to an older one and plug in the newer one if you want to use normal setup, but still get the pointing feature.
Old 9/17/05, 07:52 AM
I Have No Life

Yeah, a lot of people (and even myself in the beginning without really thinking about it) were turned off by it.

I mean..its a remote control...HOWEVER...the idea behind it and the expansion slot make ANYTHING possible.

If you have IGN access the keynote explains all this....

Again my worry was that all the other cool 3rd party games would suffer because of the new controller...but with the expansion slot and the 'classic style controller' add on... VERY cool.

AND the fact that it plays gamecube games AND has connections for those controllers....wow.

I want it..now...
If Hideo from Konami finds it awsome....its gonna be great...
Old 9/17/05, 08:02 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I really think Nintendo has jumped off the deep end.

I'm surprised the Revolution board on NSider (Nintendo's official forums) aren't going crazier than they already are. xD
Old 9/17/05, 08:18 AM
I'm people, and I like.

People are just afraid of change.
If people try it, I am positive that they will love it, and that it will change all of gaming for the best.
Old 9/17/05, 08:27 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Well, hopefully the shell will set me straight. I most likely won't be buying any next-gen systems, though.
Old 9/17/05, 08:28 AM
Cobra Member

Great idea, but the key will lie in the execution. How sensitive will it be to changes in the 3D space? If it is very sensitive, you will have a greater control, but it may be difficult to keep still. Not sensitive enough and you may have to flail around to get it to do what you want.
Old 9/17/05, 08:32 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by Rampant@September 17, 2005, 8:31 AM
Great idea, but the key will lie in the execution. How sensitive will it be to changes in the 3D space? If it is very sensitive, you will have a greater control, but it may be difficult to keep still. Not sensitive enough and you may have to flail around to get it to do what you want.
Just like Nintendogs, for the Nintendo DS. If you don't say things EXACTLY into the microphone, your dog won't do anything but get confused. I wasted $30 on that thing. Nintendo seriously needs to get things in order.
Old 9/17/05, 08:50 AM
I Have No Life

While I haven't seen any demo's yet.
IGN actually tested it behind closed doors... and they said it was ultra precise.

Thing about microphones, without learning your voice...voice activation software sucks... so Nintendogs doesn't surprise me.
We're talking about 2 different things...
The DS touchscreen is awsome...
The way the Rev. Controller looks in action from the trailer....looks like its ULTRA sensitive.

I'm now more stoked than ever....
What is going to scare me now is the graphics,
but i understand what Nintendo is saying about Next Gen developement times. With bigger/huge graphics, its not uncommon for 1year+ for developement time.

Once people see that change is good.....it'll set the bar....
Old 9/17/05, 10:24 AM
I'm people, and I like.

The graphics is what I still don't know! You need to have kick **** graphics to go with that new gameplay. You want to feel like you are really Samus are really seeing Ganandorf in front of you. They have the gameplay down, now to wait and see about the graphics.
I remember reading somewhere where Nintendo said that they will concentrate more on gameplay than on graphics, but it may not mean that it won't be up to par with the others.
Old 9/17/05, 10:44 AM
I Have No Life

I have a feeling they will be great graphics, but not the PS3/360 graphics...unless they are trying to pull our legs.

With being last outta the gate, you have the advantage of having the better of the systems....but lose the 'first one out/building a base' factor.

I have a feeling people who buy the revolution will buy one of the other systems too.
And honestly..I may be in that camp if they don't have RE5 for Revolution....for PS3 and 360 it looks SO wicked...and I'm a huge RE fan.

Lets hope they pump the graphics and the technology the system can offer....and make it above the other 2...its not like nintendo doesn't have the money....they are swimming in it...
Old 9/17/05, 12:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Personally, I thought the GCN's graphics were as good as they need to get. I loved them.

Boomer, are you a member at NSider?
Old 9/17/05, 12:45 PM
I Have No Life

IGN yes I am.

As for cube.....the graphics are great...but it could still use more and more horsepower to somewhat keep up.
PS2 however proves that graphics aren't everything.
Sony sowed up that market ...and the PS2 is the lowest of the 3 and STILL sold bazzillions
Old 9/21/05, 09:47 PM
GT Member

I always have seen nintendo as being more for younger kids.. I never compare nintendo to Microsoft or Sony. They have the power to make a better console then microsoft and sony but they dont really want to change that much because most people who play nintendo are younger kids, where as Xbox and PS2 were bought buy older kids - adults.
Old 9/21/05, 10:54 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Nintendo is changing that stereotype with the Revolution. This doesnt look like a kiddies console
Old 9/21/05, 11:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I hope it offers a great variety, that control has me sold.
Nintedo began losing it for me once it went to N64, that's where the :kiddy" started IMO. Only nintedo product I own is the NES, and I am looking forward to making this one my continuation
Old 9/22/05, 08:08 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
interesting.... veeeery interesting. im kinda skeptical ill admit it, but as long as the "conventional" controller expansion is alright, i dont see any long lasting problems, aside from the fact that yuo may be forced to buy an exansion just to play a game comfortably.

but i also think while the transition may be tough for someppl, that things like the pointer are the way to go. on step closer to VR games and games where your actual actions and thoughts control ppl on the screen. i'll buy that when it comes out lol.

PS-
the only reason i originally bought a GC was to play the star wars games lol. but it turned out to be great fun. this looks like its gonna be cool. but then again, i dont plan on buying a system for a loooong time.

::goes back and turns on his Genesis::

Quick Reply: Nintendo REVOLUTION Controller revealed