Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

my pictures and my friend's video from the G'n'R concert in Warsaw,Poland

Search this Thread

Old 6/16/06, 10:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my pictures and my friend's video from the G'n'R concert in Warsaw,Poland

Yesterday I was at G'n'R concert that took place on a stadium of my local soccer team.I know it ain't the same band anymore.But I loved their performance despite the lack of Slash and Duff,because it is always nice to hear live,music that you grew up listening to.Secondly during the G'n'R Hey day I was 9 years old and wasn't able to cross the ocean to see their concert in the states.At the beginning I thought it would be a flop because Axl lacked his strong authentic voice and energy,especially during 'Knocking on Heaven's door' but later he did his best and started running along the scene like he was in the 80's again
unordered playlist:
- Welcome To The Jungle
- Mr Brownstone
- You Could Be Mine
- Out To Get Me
- Sweet Child O' Mine
- Nightrain
- November Rain
- Richard Fortus Solo
- It's So Easy
- My Michelle
- Madagascar
- Robin Finck Solo 1
- Chinese Democracy
- Better
- The Blues
- Bumblefoot Solo (+Don't Cry Instrumental)
- I. R. S.
- Robin & Richard - Beautiful Instrumental
- Knockin' On Heavens' Door
- Patience
- Dizzy Reed Solo
- Robin Finck Solo 2
- Paradise City
Sorry for the quality of the video and pictures (security quards didn't allow anyone to take any videos or pictures)
I am adding also a link to my friend's video and professional pictures.
I thought You might be interested because I remember that in music section on TMS forums many of you claimed You listened to G'N'R

video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKtVXqsGLVw

more pictures:
http://www.cgm.pl/aktualnosci/wyswie...c6aa7a9ff19d44

best wishes to all G'n'R fans and TMS members!
Attached Images      
Old 6/16/06, 01:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Cool. Glad you had a good time. How did the crowd in Poland treat the band? I heard in the UK they were boo'd horribly and some not-so-nice objects were thrown at them on stage.
I'm realy looking forward to the new cd, but then again, i've been looking forward to it for the past 8 years now. Come on Axl, lets have it
Old 6/16/06, 03:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Cool. Looks like it was a sick concert. My friend is Polish. She's going out there this summar, Ill tell her she missed the concert. BTW your soccer team got beat , but my Ukrainian homies did too. woot Україна
Old 6/16/06, 05:31 PM
Bullitt Member

the atmosphere was very peaceful,nobody was booing,nobody threw anything on stage and nobody swore.I think it was even too peaceful,I attend many concerts(mostly punk-rock) and the atmosphere there is better-more people sing,scream and dance pogo(what I like the most) During the GNR concert majority of people only stood and shaked their hands.I was also astonished by the fact that very many people who I would never consider to be GNR fans ,came-many guys in my father's age.It is strange because when GNR were popular my father was already above 30 years of age

As far as my soccer team is concerned the first game against Equador was something most embarassing I experienced as a soccer fan.Ukraine lost but at least they were trying to shoot a goal.
As far as Ukraine is concerned,I was planning to visit my friend from my school who lives there but unfortunately a stupid red-haired professor failed me and I will have to have a retake at the time I was about to go to Ukraine.
Old 6/17/06, 12:09 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was never a huge fan of that band but I did like some of their stuff. Sounds like a cool concert.

I'm going to be in Warsaw in late July (27-28) for a couple of days before I head up to Gdansk. I'm going to visit of a couple of language schools before taking my CELTA at Bell in Warsaw next summer. Maybe we'll meet either this summer or next.
Old 6/19/06, 01:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by scottie1113
I was never a huge fan of that band but I did like some of their stuff. Sounds like a cool concert.

I'm going to be in Warsaw in late July (27-28) for a couple of days before I head up to Gdansk. I'm going to visit of a couple of language schools before taking my CELTA at Bell in Warsaw next summer. Maybe we'll meet either this summer or next.

I remember Scott we PMed a few months ago,I am not sure if I am in the city these days ,but if I am present we will meet for sure.