Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

My newest hobby...

Search this Thread

Old 2/15/13, 12:05 AM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Man, you do some incredibly beautiful work. I assume that you can also make the rifle stock pieces for left eye dominant shooters. I'm not in the market at the moment, but I suspect I'm not the only left eye guy on the forum.
Old 2/16/13, 03:16 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by tukatz
Man, you do some incredibly beautiful work. I assume that you can also make the rifle stock pieces for left eye dominant shooters. I'm not in the market at the moment, but I suspect I'm not the only left eye guy on the forum.
You're not.

I don't use much leather with my rifles because I learned to use a lot more pliable/quiet/usable material with my M40, but leather stock wraps, holsters, ammo belts, knife sheaths, etc., are so much prettier and attractive. I've made leather slings for my brother's rifles and his boys' rifles as well, though nothing near the quality of what's been shown in this thread. I like the way it smells and the way it feels. It's a bit too noisy for my tastes but that's coming from someone who used to serve as a sniper in the Marines (i.e., there's no such thing as too quiet), meaning I'm far more demanding of things like that than I need to be now. My work would never approach this kind of quality. If I wanted something truly nice, I'd buy from the guy in this thread. Like you, I'm certain he could reverse his righty stock wraps and make them for lefties as well.
Old 2/16/13, 06:35 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gotta agree, that is absolute leather **** right there.
Big Rob

I don't carry anymore (got tempted to use it too often) but I can sure appreciate Art and that, my friends is ART.
Really nice photography too, btw.
Old 2/19/13, 05:01 PM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by burningman
Outstanding work!
Thanks

Originally Posted by future9er24
Right click, save as... repeat

Originally Posted by tukatz
But of course, the loops are on the opposite side, and the makers mark flips sides. I've had more than one southpaw customer as levers are very popular with them.

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
You're not.

I don't use much leather with my rifles because I learned to use a lot more pliable/quiet/usable material with my M40, but leather stock wraps, holsters, ammo belts, knife sheaths, etc., are so much prettier and attractive. I've made leather slings for my brother's rifles and his boys' rifles as well, though nothing near the quality of what's been shown in this thread. I like the way it smells and the way it feels. It's a bit too noisy for my tastes but that's coming from someone who used to serve as a sniper in the Marines (i.e., there's no such thing as too quiet), meaning I'm far more demanding of things like that than I need to be now. My work would never approach this kind of quality. If I wanted something truly nice, I'd buy from the guy in this thread. Like you, I'm certain he could reverse his righty stock wraps and make them for lefties as well.
I'm not sneaking through the jungle ( NO disrespect intended, thank you for your service). I want something that will hold up to decades of use and still look nice. Not a lot of materials can do it as well as leather can.

Originally Posted by Nunja Business
Gotta agree, that is absolute leather **** right there.
Big Rob

I don't carry anymore (got tempted to use it too often) but I can sure appreciate Art and that, my friends is ART.
Really nice photography too, btw.
Thanks for the compliments Even down to ownership isn't for everyone. I appeal to a pretty niche market but am A-ok with that