Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

My mom was ran over by a truck

Search this Thread

Old 11/22/10, 11:50 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My mom was ran over by a truck

Hi folks! As my title says my mom was ran over by a truck on the 16th. She suffered 2 gashes two her head, a damaged vertebrae and broken collarbone. Luckily the lady that hit her stopped and also has insurance. My mom has a lawyer so every thing is being taken care of.

She has tried going to the local churches and calling family already. What I'm asking is if anybody knows of any other avenues she could try to get help. My mom has lived in a motel for several years now paying day to day so not being able to work is horrible thing.

We are trying to get her through to the first week of December. It's just the time in between now and then is going to be rough for her.

Thanks for your time.
Old 11/23/10, 09:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

http://bit.ly/fX05yX

I've attached a link if anybody cares to donate to her. I'm using a website called FundRazr which goes through PayPal.

If you have a Facebook then please share this information with friends and family. Thanks again!
Old 11/23/10, 11:30 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why dont you take care of her?
Old 11/23/10, 11:52 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks for the kind words Decepticon. To think I haven't and that my family hasn't helped is a little absurd. I simply asked that if you can help then do so. I'm just trying some thing different to get some support.

Thanks for your "understanding". But hey it's not your problem. Not trying to make it your problem.

Last edited by Ballz; 11/23/10 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11/23/10, 01:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So you dont want any questions eh?
How can I understand then?

I see....ok....I wish you luck.
Old 11/23/10, 02:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

The way you stated the question just seemed rude. Sorry if I took it the wrong way.

The reason I can't do any thing to help her is because I am married with 5 kids and 2 step-kids. I am pretty short of money myself. I am also looking at the possibility of ending my Navy career early because I haven't been able to do well enough on my advancement exam to make the next rank. I pass but because of quotas I do not advance.

My mom works at a restaurant in Lexington called Perkins. If you have ever been there you have met my mom. She is always there. She seats the customers, bakes every thing and works as a manager. She bust her butt there working 14-16 hour days on a $2.30 salary and hopefully brings in enough tips to make it.

Making it is hard when you've gotten yourself into the position of living in a motel. The daily rent of $45 is very high. Missing a couple days of work can put you behind pretty far and the guys as the motel desk aren't very forgiving.

In a few weeks my mom will be receiving a check for a shoulder injury she suffered at work. She is using that money to get into a small apartment so she won't have to worry about the high cost of a motel.

My mom was ran over by a truck while trying to cross her street. She was going to get on the bus and bam! She was simply on her way to do what she'd done for years . . . go to work. I'm sure my mom would much rather be getting on a bus every day and going to work. She enjoys the interaction with people. laying in a bed in pain with minimal activity is not what she wants to do.

I hope that helps clear things up some. Sorry about reading your post wrong.
Old 11/24/10, 06:02 AM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i hope your mother is alright. please give her my best.

if someething like this happened to my mom, i'd be broken and ruined. we are all pulling for her
Old 11/24/10, 12:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Thank you Arin! My mom is pretty awesome. She's lived through a lot. She always has the same bubbly personality no matter what. She's just that kind of person.

Talking to my sister yesterday I learned my mom already had arthritis in her right hand and some thing wrong with her legs too. According to my sister she isn't supposed to be walking but she is.

My mom is very hard headed. lol She doesn't like to be told to stay in bed and be still. She's worried about going back to work because she misses the interaction.