Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

My life has completely changed.

Search this Thread

Old 2/24/14, 06:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stay strong, life is full of peaks and valleys, never,never give up and you will beat this. You and your family are in my prayers.
Old 2/24/14, 09:20 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Danielle you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers as well!
Old 2/24/14, 11:19 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
our prayers are with you and your family... Hope God gives you strength and will to face this difficult times. God bless you.
Old 2/24/14, 12:00 PM
GT Member

One good thing, we're living in what has to be the golden age of medicine. I read an article in my local paper a few days ago (Boston Herald 2-21-14) "Dana-Farber to test cancer treatment" about a potential breakthrough experimental treatment for leukemia developed at Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in NY. I won't go into the particulars, since I barely understand it myself, but this new treatment worked in 14 out of 16 patients who were in real trouble...an 88% success rate. New cures are being rolled out all the time, but prayer has power too.
Old 2/24/14, 05:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Praying for you and your family. Sounds like this is just a speed bump and there is plenty of good road ahead for you and yours.
Old 2/24/14, 05:54 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Glad you shared your worry with us, so that we can share our positive wishes and support with you, as opposed to keeping it bottled up. All my best wishes to you for a speedy recovery. Hoping you'll keep updating too. Always happy to listen.
Old 3/1/14, 08:55 PM
Banned

as of yesterday, I have a definitive diagnosis of Chronic Myleogenous Lukemia, and it's due to my chromosomes. 9th and 22nd pairs have swapped a piece, and it was just a matter of time until the mutation took hold. So not only am I a mutant, but apparently my superpower isn't flying, healing, controlling weather, or boneclaws, but infinite white blood cells that are trying to kill me.

All in all, I'm feeling okay about this. Life isn't over.
Old 3/1/14, 09:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hang tough, Danielle. You've got the right stuff.
Old 3/1/14, 09:24 PM
Banned

I think I'd just feel better if I could get a top-down convertible day.
Old 3/1/14, 09:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
as of yesterday, I have a definitive diagnosis of Chronic Myleogenous Lukemia, and it's due to my chromosomes. 9th and 22nd pairs have swapped a piece, and it was just a matter of time until the mutation took hold. So not only am I a mutant, but apparently my superpower isn't flying, healing, controlling weather, or boneclaws, but infinite white blood cells that are trying to kill me.

All in all, I'm feeling okay about this. Life isn't over.
OP, My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. While I know this may be hard at a time like this but if possible please try and remain positive. Three years ago at age 36 I was diagnosed with testicular cancer, stage 2 which cancer cells had migrated too my lower abdomen. My only option for a cure was too undergo chemotherapy. After 20 rounds of Chemotherapy and currently three years later, I'm all healthy and CANCER FREE.

I believe my positive outlook really helped me heal along with my family and friends of course.
Old 3/1/14, 10:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Cristoff
Obviously there is NOTHING that can be said that would be comforting right now, So I won't make the attempt other than the fact that you have MANY friends and supporters here. If there is ANYTHING I can do to help at all - just let me know. If there is anything I can give (as long as it doesn't physically kill me), be it blood, marrow, whatever - I'm there for you.
Hey Danielle, this^!!!

I'm sorry I missed this, as my life changed forever on 2/23 as well, just in a much different light!

Let us know what we can do. I have a friend that works at a stem cell research lab in Berkeley and can have my marrow drawn immediately. I don't know how any of that works honestly, if it's by blood type or what not, but say that word and I'll make an appt Monday. This may be a little sexist or un-PC, but I'm sure you won't mind - you're the toughest ol' battleax on this site, so I know you're going to be just fine! This is just the cosmos (or God, if you believe) reminding you to slow life down and think about what is truly important. Sometimes we need to literally be smacked down on our asses to remember what life is all about.

Start changing your lifestyle immediately. I've seen people get diagnosed with all kinds of crazy things around here, and many have greatly impacted their treatment by eating all organic fruits and veggies, ginger, garlic, teas and even medical marijuana. Eat lots of reds, greens and orange fruits/veggies and if you can get it in your state, try the cannabis. I'm no crazy witch doctor or pot head (I don't smoke or anything) but I've witnessed some crazy healing with my own two eyes with those measures alone, so they definitely can't hurt. Good luck, sister. The fact that you came on here to vent just goes to show you know you have your Mustang family to lean on for support if you need it. We're all rooting for you, and like I said, let me know if we can do anything to help. My marrow is your marrow if you need it
Old 3/1/14, 11:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by Mickstang
Hang tough, Danielle. You've got the right stuff.
Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
I think I'd just feel better if I could get a top-down convertible day.
I'm sorry for your news. Spirits up and Fight a good fight.
Leukemia Danielle
Old 3/5/14, 04:20 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
You can beat this

Old 3/16/14, 11:19 AM
Banned

Just a little update....

they put me on hydroxyurea and allopurinol for a week to see if they could get my platelets and white blood cell count to drop, and the platelets dropped by 40%. WBC barely dropped, but it was enough that they moved forward to put me on my oral chemo, which is Sprycel. Been on it for a few days now, feeling okay. But on Thursday one of my previously root canaled molars was giving me hell, and would not subside, so I had emergency surgery and had it removed on Friday afternoon. Unfortunately due to the Leukemia, the bleeding that normally lets up after like 20-30 minutes lasted for close to 5 hours, and i developed temporary anemia. That was not fun.

Before all that I had constant pain in my left arm from the phlebotomist going through a vein in my left arm, and on my right arm I have a bruise that's taken almost two weeks to heal from a blood draw as well.

I'm a mess. I'm sleeping all the time. I'm dependant on pain killers right now and it sucks. I'm sleeping so much because simply when I'm sleeping, I'm not feeling the arm pain or the tooth/hole pain. been sleeping as much as 16 hours a day lately.

I'm not discouraged or overly worried, but I am just wishing I could get through this with less pain.

I also lost 30 pounds since the start of this. So if I'm kinda *****y on the forums, I'm sorry, i can't help it. I'm in a bad spot right now.

What I could really go for right now is a pain-free day where it's warm and sunny, in which I could lay in the driveway, install my Roush front splitter that's been sitting around and go for a drive with the top down and ignore all the crappy things that have been in my life recently.

My wife has been an absolute rock star during all of this, helping me, taking care of me and making sure I'm comfortable, fed and have everything I need. I'm super lucky I met her, and equally thankful that we have same-sex benefits.

She's about to start a inter-agency rotation in which she'll be working in the White House and part of OMB within the next few weeks, and I think she needs a good distraction too.
Old 3/16/14, 11:28 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Hang in there ! Think ROUSH and keep enjoying the distractions of car - candy as much as you can. I for one, enjoy reading most of your posts, playing devils advocate occasionally. Hoping the weather continues to improve out there so you can get out with the top down!

Sounds like you are really blessed with an amazing partner too.
Old 3/16/14, 12:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Spring is just around the corner. Use that as your motivation, and it'll spring your spirits up too!
Old 3/16/14, 02:55 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Spring is just around the corner. Use that as your motivation, and it'll spring your spirits up too!
^^What Patrick said.
Stay strong.
Old 3/16/14, 09:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Danielle, I wish I could drop in, maybe say something dumb and put a smile on your face. Just know that I care and am sending you my very best wishes. As far as Car Gals go, you're up there near the top of the heap!
Old 3/22/14, 10:44 AM
V6 Member

Danielle, I do not know you all that well, but stay strong. I wish nothing but the best for you.
P.S.: please keep posting your witty and sometimes sarcastic posts. I'm sure that I speak for all when I say that we love them!

Paul.