Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Mustangs Coast to Coast 2.0 (CFV)

Search this Thread

Old 7/2/12, 10:58 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by 1999Pony
If its beer, Ill drink it. It could be beast (Milwaukee's best) and Ill still put a couple down.
I always wanted PBR on tap at the house just to see if anyone will turn it down.
Old 7/2/12, 11:03 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I always wanted PBR on tap at the house just to see if anyone will turn it down.
I wouldnt. I love some PBR (Poor mans Beer of Richmond)

Had some off tap on Friday, pretty good.

I actually have some in the fridge right now
Old 7/3/12, 12:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

PBR, beer flavored water. $3.00 Pitcher Specials around these parts. This is why Portlanders consume more PBR than any other place in the nation.
Old 7/3/12, 12:15 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Pete07GT
PBR, beer flavored water. $3.00 Pitcher Specials around these parts. This is why Portlanders consume more PBR than any other place in the nation.
Never even thought of trying it. Is it as bad as Dixie?
Old 7/3/12, 12:16 AM

3.00 Pitchers... Id be all over that.

Im not very picky when it comes to beer, though I do love a good dark stout over most anything.
Old 7/3/12, 12:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra

Dunno man, I've never tried Dixie.. I have had some off-tasting food and beverages in my time and if I were broke or already 3 sheets to the wind then PBR would be consumable. As long as my taste buds are in tact, I wouldn't dare look at the stuff.. What is Dixie exactly?
Old 7/3/12, 12:19 AM

No, no its not. I tried that once and only once at our local bar..... it took a little bit determination to finish that one off.
Old 7/3/12, 12:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

3.00 Pitchers... Id be all over that.

Im not very picky when it comes to beer, though I do love a good dark stout over most anything.
Nice, Stouts are awesome and glad to have crossed paths with a compatriot who appreciates the sudsy awesomeness. SALUT!
Old 7/3/12, 12:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

No, no its not. I tried that once and only once at our local bar..... it took a little bit determination to finish that one off.
One of those hold your breath and chug as quickly as possible?
Old 7/3/12, 12:23 AM

One of those hold your breath and chug as quickly as possible?
Pretty much. I typically dont leave a beer Ive started unfinished, and I wasnt about to on this one, but I will admit, it was extremely difficult.
Old 7/3/12, 12:27 AM

Pretty much. I typically dont leave a beer Ive started unfinished, and I wasnt about to on this one, but I will admit, it was extremely difficult.
Well Katrina tore it up. It might still be brewed but not in Nola. Think they were tied in with Falstaff back in the day also. It was total crap. I do have a variety 4 pack of Zea's microbrews in the fridge though. Guess I'll sample them soon.
Old 7/3/12, 12:29 AM

Well Katrina tore it up. It might still be brewed but not in Nola. Think they were tied in with Falstaff back in the day also. It was total crap. I do have a variety 4 pack of Zea's microbrews in the fridge though. Guess I'll sample them soon.
It was before Katrina that I drank it. I wont complain that its gone. I actually looked forward to drinking it (mostly because of its name) and then it was just horrible.
Old 7/3/12, 12:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Actually, I thought about trying that beer now that you mentioned it. It got a full introduction and interview in a book titled; "Red White And Brew". I've been meeting to check that beer out since but the author visited the owning couple a year and a half or do after Katrina and they were making plans to sell out even during that time. Bummer the purchase didn't do them justice in the end. I may need to ship you a bourbon barrel aged bottle of yeast sample when the OT stops and the money is in, if you can handle such a feat? =)
Old 7/3/12, 12:35 AM

It was before Katrina that I drank it. I wont complain that its gone. I actually looked forward to drinking it (mostly because of its name) and then it was just horrible.
I've had it on quite a few occasions. There's no getting used to it. Probably the main reason I don't drink beer now. When you steal beer from your buddy's uncle that drinks it exclusively and keeps a fridge full, well that's what we would do. That acquired taste for it, yeah that never happened. Lol
Old 7/3/12, 12:38 AM

I've had it on quite a few occasions. There's no getting used to it. Probably the main reason I don't drink beer now. When you steal beer from your buddy's uncle that drinks it exclusively and keeps a fridge full, well that's what we would do. That acquired taste for it, yeah that never happened. Lol
Beer was an acquired taste for me as well, but I agree, there is no getting use to dixie. Theres not much I will turn down. If its beer, I will probably at the least try one and finish it, but I could not do Dixie again. It was an experience.
Old 7/3/12, 12:40 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts

Im not very picky when it comes to beer,
Me either, as a matter of fact I don't even like all these "craft beers" and **** that has become so trendy lately. Don't care for dark beers at all. I get a kick out of all the beer snobs that have suddenly become experts in the 3 years they've been old enough to buy a beer and since this trend really took off.

Just not much of a beer drinker, its an occasional thing during the summer. For me beer is just something to drink during the day to maintain a buzz so I don't start drinking liquor too early and get all ****ed up before midnight. Give me some Bud or Bud light in cans, I'll drink 10 or 12 of them during the afternoon, then I'll start drinking liquor at a restaurant during dinner and keep on it the rest of the night. I occasionally drink Yuengling, but not very often because I like beer in the can and I only ever see it in bottles. No bottles allowed around the pool, and they are too hard to get rid of when you can drink as many beers as I can.
Old 7/3/12, 12:42 AM

Well the norm around these parts drink the usuals. Coors, bud, miller, etc......
Have a good friend that swears by Yuengling. Haven't tried it yet. Rum just treats me so much better. Lol
Oh and Yuengling takes a trip to the Bama border to get. Lol

Last edited by AlsCobra; 7/3/12 at 12:44 AM.
Old 7/3/12, 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Me either, as a matter of fact I don't even like all these "craft beers" and **** that has become so trendy lately. Don't care for dark beers at all. I get a kick out of all the beer snobs that have suddenly become experts in the 3 years they've been old enough to buy a beer and since this trend really took off.

Just not much of a beer drinker, its an occasional thing during the summer. For me beer is just something to drink during the day to maintain a buzz so I don't start drinking liquor too early and get all ****ed up before midnight. Give me some Bud or Bud light in cans, I'll drink 10 or 12 of them during the afternoon, then I'll start drinking liquor at a restaurant during dinner and keep on it the rest of the night. I occasionally drink Yuengling, but not very often because I like beer in the can and I only ever see it in bottles. No bottles allowed around the pool, and they are too hard to get rid of when you can drink as many beers as I can.

For me it depends. Im not a beer snob but I do love a good dark stout. That being said, I drink alot of miller lite. And I mean alot. I can just sit around drinking that and not get hammered. If I was to drink a good stout, porter etc in the amount of ML I drink, I would be hammered everynight.

Im not a huge liquor drinking...I love Sailor Jerrey's Rum. When it comes to liquor thats what I drink but I'm mainly a beer drinker. I doesnt matter what it is.
Old 7/3/12, 12:52 AM

Not me. If I'm thirsty, coca cola will do. Just add rum if I feel the urge till its pretty much straight rum on ice. If I'm drinking, I'm doing it for a reason. Not gonna get myself all bloated chugging beer until I'm buzzing. Get right or not at all for me.
Old 7/3/12, 12:55 AM

Not me. If I'm thirsty, coca cola will do. Just add rum if I feel the urge till its pretty much straight rum on ice. If I'm drinking, I'm doing it for a reason. Not gonna get myself all bloated chugging beer until I'm buzzing. Get right or not at all for me.
I dont need a buzz. I like beer like I like coke or mt dew. I just drink it because Im thirsty not because I need a buzz, Its just all good to me.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast 2.0 (CFV)