Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

The Mustang And Iraq

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/05, 09:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 is shaping up to be a great year, watching the people in Iraq vote on the news today made me realize how blessed we are to be fretting about the IUP, engine, color, and wheels to name a few. To me a tragedy is this forum to be down. I pray that some day the people of Iraq will be worrying about how they want their Mustang. After all isn’t that what voting and freedom are all about?
Old 1/30/05, 09:32 PM
GT Member

I couldn't agree more! Well said. Maybe now people will recognize what Presient Bush has been trying to do and give him and our troops more support.
Old 1/30/05, 09:45 PM
Cobra Member

ps. I almost forgot.....God Bless the USofA
Old 1/30/05, 09:54 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'll put in a quick before it's too late. God bless our troops over there. History will show that we've got the right man, in the right office, doing the right thing, in the right place in history. And yes, you bring up a very good point about how blessed we are to be worrying about such petty things in comparison. Hopefully this thread will stay.
Old 1/30/05, 10:02 PM
Cobra Member

Actually, I felt guilty chatting about Mustangs on this board while people were being washed out to see in a natural disaster, never mind a man-made disaster!

God bless everyone, not just the USA. And bring our troops home safely... the sooner the better. I've got friends over there and I'm worried they won't make it back to enjoy the type of idle chatter we tend to take for granted.

eace:
Old 1/30/05, 10:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It was really great to see those folks over there stand up to the terrorists' threats and go vote. It'll be a great day when the dust settles and our troops come home and the Iraqi people have the freedom they deserve. :usa:
Old 1/30/05, 10:25 PM
Banned

While I support the idea of the thread, keep this kind of stuff in general chat. It is where it is supposed to be, and creates a lot less work for the mods.
Old 1/30/05, 10:26 PM

Another great thing is that most people seemed to be happy just to vote, who for was secondary to them. From what I hear, most candidates ran "semi-annonomously" due to all of the threats. Another good thing is that the violence around Iraq was "no more than any other day". A great day for freedom and democracy my friends. :flag2:
And now...
Old 1/30/05, 11:37 PM
Cobra R Member

I support out troups 100% but not their boss. We need to stay home and mind our own business and quit sending our young men all over the world to die for nothing.
I did six years in the active overseas military and am not going back. Even if the come for me. Our form of GOV.is not suitable for all people.
My 3 cents
Old 1/30/05, 11:46 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Mongoose@January 31, 2005, 1:40 AM
I support out troups 100% but not their boss. We need to stay home and mind our own business and quit sending our young men all over the world to die for nothing.
I did six years in the active overseas military and am not going back. Even if the come for me. Our form of GOV.is not suitable for all people.
My 3 cents
Couldn't agree more, brother.
Old 1/31/05, 12:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Mongoose@January 31, 2005, 12:40 AM
My 3 cents
I totally agree. I had a braclet that said "I support our Troops" & I used to tell people that I can support out troops but not the man who sent them. They don't choose to be over there, & the way they have been treated so far by our gov is sameful.

They are being forced to stay longer than they are supossed to & are digging through garbage for scrap metal & all te while Bush is over here asking for more money for this & that & spending 45mil on his ***** & parades & cocktails. It's sickening. :nono: :notnice:

Anyway. Just my opinion. Now back on topic.
MUSTANGS RULE!!!!! :worship:
Old 1/31/05, 03:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

They are being forced to stay longer than they are supossed to & are digging through garbage for scrap metal & all te while Bush is over here asking for more money for this & that & spending 45mil on his ***** & parades & cocktails. It's sickening. :nono: :notnice:

Anyway. Just my opinion. Now back on topic.
MUSTANGS RULE!!!!! :worship:
[/quote]

The 45 mil was private money. Private money. Like your money is private money.
You chose to do with it what you want........like buy a mustang? I'm not sure why other people can't do with their private money what they want.

Anyway. GOD BLESS OUR TROUPS.
Maybe our govenment can give them all an '05 as a welcome home gift.
Old 1/31/05, 06:37 AM

Why president Bush will not give freedom in North Korea where people eats human meat because of famine???. Where nuclear weapon is building. Kim Dzong Il is the worst despot
on this planet.

Because there is no oil in North Korea.

And another question. Why USA didn't punished Israel for building nuklear weapon??? They made it in secret!!! Saddam not but was punished for virtual weapon. I don't say that Saddam is ok but Israela in not ok either but they didn't get any punishment for breaking international law.
Old 1/31/05, 06:52 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Although a very appropriate topic, it should to be in the General Chat area

Please keep the political opinions down as it will case the thread to become very ugly quickly.
Old 1/31/05, 06:59 AM
Bullitt Member

about what pony boy said:

it was not all private funds. Washington DC was told they had to fund the majority of the security bills for Bush's ***** and parties. They had to draw this money from their allottment of homeland security funds, thereby reducing the amount they can spend protecting the rest of DC, which also undoubtedly needs as much in funds as they can get for Security.

so yeah, waaaaay to lavish of a party for the situation we are in now. wouldnt it be nice if XX million spent on the inauguration was put towards iraq? i mean, it would help alleviate the another $80 billion the Commander is asking for this year.

OR!!! even better, if that money spent on the inauguration was divided amongst all mustang owners to help pay for some mods/gas? hear hear
Old 1/31/05, 07:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by CelticCub+January 31, 2005, 12:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(CelticCub @ January 31, 2005, 12:49 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Mongoose@January 31, 2005, 1:40 AM
My 3 cents
Couldn't agree more, brother.
[/b][/quote]

Amen.

And Anty, with enough Ketchup anything can taste good. j/k back off!
Old 1/31/05, 07:11 AM
Legacy TMS Member

But then they couldn't afford to have Lee Greenwood sing that godawful song AGAIN. (I'm just assuming that at one point he did, I tried not to watch after hearing about the Bowties and Boots Ball for just his friends from Texas)
Old 1/31/05, 07:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

From BBC:

"While numerous, the number of ***** is five shy of the record 14 ***** held for Bill Clinton on the night of his second inauguration in 1997."

I love how when someone brings up the concept of freedom in third-world countries, it automatically turns into a Bush-hating contest.

Whatever...
Old 1/31/05, 07:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member

They weren't talking about the quantity of ***** (doesn't sound right), but the total cost and the fact that he wanted the city of Washington DC, who hated him for the most part, to foot the bill using money from their Homeland Security fund.
Old 1/31/05, 07:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Shea@January 31, 2005, 8:21 AM
From BBC:

"While numerous, the number of ***** is five shy of the record 14 ***** held for Bill Clinton on the night of his second inauguration in 1997."

I love how when someone brings up the concept of freedom in third-world countries, it automatically turns into a Bush-hating contest.

Whatever...

If i remember correctly, when Clinton had his 2nd inauguration, we did have a budget surplus at the time, no?

Quick Reply: The Mustang And Iraq