Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

Kyle (kh765) needs your prayers

Search this Thread

Old 6/16/08, 11:31 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Kyle (kh765) needs your prayers

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jun...brandon-wreck/

Kyle's a great guy, and a valued poster here. please keep him in your thoughts and prayers

Last edited by StangMahn; 6/16/08 at 11:32 AM.
Old 6/16/08, 01:38 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Ouch...

Sorry to hear that... I hope he makes a quick recovery
Old 6/16/08, 03:15 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh no. I heard that on the news while I was down there over the weekend. My thoughts are definitely with him. If anyone knows him well, please keep us posted and let him know we're hoping for the best for him.
Old 6/16/08, 04:26 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I'll definitely keep him in my prayers.
Old 6/16/08, 04:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kyle is a top notch guy. This is very sad news. Pull through brother
Old 6/16/08, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Kyle.

Hey guys this is Kyle's sister Kaitlin.

Well, I'll start with the accident, for those of you who don't already know.

Kyle and Jeremy Smith were driving on Durant Road and were going around the curve and spun out. They were hit by an oncoming car and Jeremy Smith passed away on the scene. The people in the other car were taken to the hospital, but the sheriff told us they were going to be okay. Kyle was air-lifted out to Tampa General. He's been in the ICU since he arrived. He has a fractured lower spine and pelvis & kidney and brain damage. They're keeping him really cold because he has a fever, but that's typical for car accident patients. The brain damage is the worst and biggest issue. On both frontal lobes he has really bad bruising and swelling. He's still unconscious but they want him that way. They don't want him to go into shock or have permanent brain damage. They were talking about putting him into a medical coma, but that's good not bad. It would shut his brain down and let it heal without so much pressure on his brain. They're not currently going to do that, but it's a possibility. There's not much to do for the first 48-72 hours except wait. Then the "critical period" is 7-10 days. I don't know what they will do after that. But please just keep praying, that's about all we can do right now. Please please please pray for Jeremy Smith's family. I can't even imagine what they're going through. Kyle and Jeremy were such good friends. Please just pray for Jeremy's family and Kyle. Thank you to everyone for all the support and prayers. I'll keep updates going on here and facebook as much as possible.

We made a site so everyone can get updates.
www.carepages.com
You have to register to view it, but the name is Karing4Kyle.

I have a facebook, but I currently can't get it to log-on so I can give you guys the group people made for him and Jeremy. But I'll try to keep everyone updated. Esp. you guys because I know you have no other way of knowing anything.

Love everyone, Kaitlin.
Old 6/16/08, 07:28 PM
I lust for a M24

Kaitlin,

I'm glad to see you post here. I'm sad to read the post. Your brothers condition sounds very serious but Kyle and your family do have our thoughts and prayers. I hope his situation improves quickly.
Old 6/17/08, 07:51 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Best wishes to Kyle and his family.
Old 6/17/08, 09:59 AM

This is Kaitlin again.
Just wanted to let those wondering, the sheriff confirmed that nothing went wrong with the sway bar on the car. He's checked it and cleared it and it was legal. Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.
Old 6/17/08, 10:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I am sorry to hear of such a terrible thing to happen and it almost happened to my son & I with my 05 GT it had P-Zero tires on and with any wet surface they are really bad, tend to slip & slide a lot , I don't know why they were even chosen. Not sure if theses were on the car at the time but if so ? I now have an 07 GT/CS but with a better stock tire and traction is way safer.
My thoughts will be with Kyle and all involved for some time now.
Rain or not Speed can be devastating lets play safe everyone.
Old 6/17/08, 12:04 PM

ahh looks like Kaitlin got here first. A terrible lightning storm struck our house and we just now got it fixed... stupid phone wasnt working for this site -.-

Anyways, I posted a thread in Southeastern regional boards http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...86#post5585686

Please keep him in your prayers!
Old 6/17/08, 12:41 PM

I couldn't find your post Pat earlier, but thanks for putting the link up there. Thanks for everything.
Old 6/17/08, 03:58 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
I am sorry to hear of such a terrible thing to happen and it almost happened to my son & I with my 05 GT it had P-Zero tires on and with any wet surface they are really bad, tend to slip & slide a lot , I don't know why they were even chosen. Not sure if theses were on the car at the time but if so ? I now have an 07 GT/CS but with a better stock tire and traction is way safer.
My thoughts will be with Kyle and all involved for some time now.
Rain or not Speed can be devastating lets play safe everyone.
No speed or weather involved. Sheriff says that the front sway bar broke and he lost control.
Old 6/17/08, 04:24 PM
MBK
Mach 1 Member

i will pray for him
Old 6/17/08, 04:45 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally Posted by ds63
Sheriff says that the front sway bar broke and he lost control.
We ALL need to stop the speculation. The Sheriff confirmed the opposite.
Old 6/17/08, 09:46 PM

Just wanted to give another update. The sheriff has also confirmed that nothing mechanical went wrong either. There were no steering failures or anything of the sort. They honestly don't know what happened to cause the wreck. Jeremy's services are tomorrow and Thursday, so please just keep that in your prayers. I don't know how many of you need a medical update, but please just check the www.carepages.com for that info. Thank you for all your support, there's just been so much of it from you guys.
Old 6/17/08, 10:25 PM
V6 Member

I hope things get better for Kyle; that is a terrible thing for anyone, especially someone his age, to go through.
Old 6/24/08, 05:32 PM
V6 Member

RIP Kyle Hughes
Old 6/26/08, 04:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Rest in Peace Kyle. May you have peace. .......
Old 6/28/08, 01:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ds63
No speed or weather involved. Sheriff says that the front sway bar broke and he lost control.
I just want to clarify... this is the official position by the investigators? The front sway bar "broke?" I'm sure a lot of us who have replaced the front sway bar and have added one to the rear (from GT takeoffs or aftermarket vendors) would be interested in more details on this.

Russ

Quick Reply: Kyle (kh765) needs your prayers